Can You See Me?

To Hold That Person
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Do Kyungsoo heaved a sigh and disentangled his headphone from his ears as he stared looking at the small pink envelope that dropped to the floor the moment he opened his locker.

Ignoring it, he rummaged through his things, looking for his textbooks.

“Whoo. What’s this?” someone asked behind him.

Before he could answer, the owner of the voice fished out the envelope from the floor and began reading the content.

“How I love you so!” Jongin started dramatically behind him, his hand clutching his heart as he continued reading the love letter, ignoring Kyungsoo’s glare. “I always dream about you! Please accept my heart oppa. I cannot sleep at night because of my excitement to see you in school. You are the most handsome guy-” Jongin stopped in midsentence, his brows knitted. “Clearly, this girl doesn't know I exist,” he said. He cleared his throat before he continued, “You are so cool. Oh oppa!” Jongin squealed like a girl, echoing in the school foyer, making other students look at him weirdly, while some barely hid their laughter.

Kyungsoo gritted his teeth, but before he could break his friend’s nose, Jun-myeon arrived and stole the letter from Jongin’s grasp, which made the latter whined. “Quit fooling around,” Jun-myeon said as he threw the opened letter to Kyungsoo’s locker.

Jongin glared at Jun-myeon who in return ignored him as he opened his own locker.

“Hey guys!” an excited voice echoed from a distance. The three friends looked at the direction and saw Baekhyun approaching them with an excited look on his face. Baekhyun panted as he reached them, his hands clutching both his knees as he catch his breath.

“There’s no need to run,” Jun-myeon said as he flipped one of his notebooks.

“You should see this!” Baekhyun announced as he held a flyer on his hand, still out of breath.

“Not another of your grandma’s talisman,” Jongin sneered.

Baekhyun’s ear reddened, whether from Jongin’s teasing or from exhaustion, they weren’t completely certain. Baekhyun’s grandmother had self-proclaimed that their family came from powerful shamans of the past and that the old lady was practicing it till this day, and was determined for Baekhyun to follow her footsteps, to his horror and mortification. 

Still panting, Baekhyun said disjointedly, “An inter-school battle of the bands will be held here in the next two months and you won’t believe the prize!” The other three waited. Baekhyun continued, “A possible contract from entertainment companies who will attend!”

Immediately, Jongin grabbed the flyer and read the outline. “Original lyrics?! They’ve got to be kidding!” he wailed, and after looking at his friends, he added with a look heavenward, “We are doomed! We’re going to lose! I just know it! We are just some bunch of idiots who don’t even pass simple essays and aww!”

“Don’t include us to your level,” Kyungsoo said matter-of-factly, after smacking the idiot’s head with his pen.

Jongin scowled at Kyungsoo as he nursed his head.

Baekhyun looked around them. “Taeyeon isn’t here yet? She texted me last night that she will be early today.”

 “Yeah and she missed out our last practice,” Jon-myeon intercepted, while reading his book.

“Speaking of the devil,” Jongin said under his breath as they saw the object of their conversation approaching them. Kim Taeyeon sauntered to them in her uniform, her hair a tangled mess. Ig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter