Possessed

Spare Some Change

Solar had decided to do something to take her mind off of the others, figuring that if something bad was going to happen it would have happened already. So she was building a tower out of playing cards, very absorbed in the challenge and barely breathing in fear of it falling over.

So of course she freaked out when someone loudly crashed through the door and slammed it behind them.

"God! Don't you people ever consider that someone could be building a card tower? It could've fallen over!" Solar scolded, looking up to see a crazed-looking Moonbyul leaning against the door as if a monster was inside. She squinted, then began to place another card with extreme precision. "What's going on with you?" she muttered.

"DON'T TOUCH THOSE CARDS!" Moonbyul shouted.

"Wha--" Solar screamed as a gun was fired, her card tower exploding with a puff of smoke. She looked around, terrified to see a whole in their wall and Moonbyul with a gun in her hand. "MOONBYUL WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU PUT THAT DOWN."

Moonbyul shook her head, pointing the handgun at the pile of cards scattered on the table. "Solar, don't touch those cards! They're poisoned! They're going to kill you!!" She shook the gun around, pointing at the cards, then Solar's hands.

Solar jumped away from the table in fear of being shot. "What on earth are you talking about, Moonbyul?" she asked as calmly as possible.

"They're going to kill you!" Moonbyul said in a hoarse whisper. "They're going to kill you!!"

Solar took cautious steps towards the rapper, holding out her hands in a defensive gesture. "Moonbyul, no one's trying to kill me with playing cards. Now tell me how in the world you got a gun and we'll just... Talk this through."

Moonbyul dropped the gun to the floor - and it thankfully didn't fire. "They're coming, Yong Sun. And we won't be able to stop them."

Solar watched with intense concern as a tear rolled off the younger's face. "Who's coming?" she asked.

"The aliens...!"

Solar sighed with exasperation. Maybe she could handle the other two, but now Moonbyul had to go and believe in aliens and somehow get a gun and nearly kill her in an attempt to "save" her? "...There are no aliens," she replied simply.

Moonbyul looked up at the ceiling in awe. "She was right! She told me she would save you."

"Who? Wait, do I even want to ask?"

"Hwasa said that if I bought her soju she would save you from the aliens, and now they're gone! Solar, we don't have to worry anymore!" She smiled her rabbit-like smile and reached forward to give Solar a hug, awkwardly kissing her leader's forehead.

Solar squirmed away. "You gave Hwasa soju?!"

Moonbyul nodded. "Anything to save you."

"How about we just sit down and have a talk for a minute?" Solar suggested, hoping to figure out what exactly was going on in Moonbyul's mind. Whatever it was, it seemed much more complicated than Hwasa or Wheein, and was certainly something she had never noticed in the slightest beforehand. She picked the gun off the floor and looked for a good place to hide it, deciding on the refrigerator, and then grabbed Moonbyul's arm to lead her away from the cards and onto the couch.

Once Moonbyul was seated, her eyes began wandering around the room and an odd smile grew on her face. "They're so happy... Do you see the happy fairies, Solar?"

Solar clapped her hands to get Moonbyul to focus on her instead of... whatever she was seeing. "Moonbyul, I need you to tell me about what you've been doing today."

Moonbyul brushed some hair behind her ear and shrugged, seeming to think for a second. After oddly focusing on a random spot of the rug, she finally responded, "I went out to go practice at the studio, and then I saw the spaceships up in the sky. And I knew they were coming for you, so I ran back to help, but then I ran into Hwasa and she told me that she'd solve everything if I got her soju, so I did. But I came up anyway because I thought that Hwasa might not have done a good job."

"She did a good job of tricking you, alright," Solar muttered. "Why do you think you're seeing spaceships and fairies?! There's nothing there!"

Moonbyul looked Solar straight in the eyes and said in a serious voice, "It's because it's my destiny to protect you."

Solar's sanity was at the end of its rope. "Are you possessed or something?!" she shouted, grabbing the other woman's collar and shaking her around. "Are you all just working together to get to me? This has been the worst day of my entire life, thanks to you nutcases!!"

"Nutcases?!" Moonbyul squeaked, getting awfully light-headed from the shaking. "We just saved your life!"

"Or ruined it!"

Solar finally let go, Moonbyul crashing against the armrest with a loud thump. "Hippo juice~" she slurred before falling unconcious.

"...What have I done." Solar buried her face in her hands after making sure that Moonbyul was still breathing. "Now who's the crazy one?" she groaned. "Ah, this was all a mistake. And here I thought I was going to try to help you guys. What a leader I've turned out to be..."

"Hippo juice...!" Moonbyul murmured.

Solar looked at her somehow serene and smiling face and shook her head. They were all just like puppies - destructive, crazy, and drive you up the wall but at the end of the day you still love them and they're too adorable to hate. "You're going to get a lump on your head, aren't you?" she said, although Moonbyul couldn't hear. She got up to get some ice, carefully wrapped it in a towel and brought it back to place on the rapper's head.

A few minutes later, her eyes blinked open slowly. "So cold... Am I in space?"

"No, you're home," Solar replied. "And... I'm sorry."

Moonbyul tried to sit up, grunting in pain and grabbing the ice as it fell. "What for?"

"...Nothing. You better just take it easy for now, okay?"

"Solar... Could you spare me some change later? I need to buy a metal detector and a black light."

Solar gritted her teeth, grabbing a pillow that had fallen to the floor and threw it at the other girl's face. "You guys just don't stop!!"