Chapter One

House Of Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER ONE

 

 

 

Taekwoon huffed as he walked into his apartment, brushing his finger against a small bruise that formed at the corner of his lips. Wiping the dried, crusted blood away, the brunette stared at his mother who was humming silently to herself, a childhood song she always said it was. With no further questions or a raise of his eyebrow, Taekwoon continued on his way, clearly knowing that his older sister would definitely be mad that he had broken his promise. Taekwoon remembered the nearly faded memory, but only barely enough for him to visualize again. He knew that he was a young boy at that time; naïve and arrogant. And due to that, he would get beaten up. There was only one way to defend himself, honestly and it was to beat the others up, too. 

 

“Taekwoon, I want you to promise that you won’t ever fight again.” His sister had said and the words repeated in his mind vividly. She stuck out her pinky finger—a childish gesture to Taekwoon, but he listened to her anyway. “No matter what the circumstance was, no fighting others. Promise me,” At that time, little Taekwoon took his own pinky, wrapping it tightly around her’s and securing the promise with the push of the thumb. Now, the brunette was all grown up; strong and quite mature for a twenty-two-year-old. Still, he was guilty that he had broken his promise, being the person Taekwoon was. 

 

As the brunette walked towards his bedroom, Taekwoon heard his name be called from the kitchen. With a final huff, the twenty-year-old rushed towards the door after throwing his bags onto the edge of his bed, not caring if it fell or not. Stepping into the kitchen, his mother twirled and spun around as if she was dancing, a wide grin on her face which was quickly wiped off when it was met with Taekwoon’s gloomy features and the busted lip he played off. She huffed, placing her hands on her hips. Taekwoon knew the routine. 

 

She inhaled a deep breath and Taekwoon could practically see the steam coming from her ears, “Jung Taekwoon,” She started and Taekwoon sighed, quickly shoving his hands into his pant pockets, keeping his head low, “I cannot believe you were fighting! You were, weren’t you?” She questioned, waving her ladle wildly to motion how dramatic the situation was. Still, Taekwoon didn’t answer, only nodding and pursing his lips into a thin line. 

 

“I was just pissed off,” He quickly replied, “I saw some drunkard touching other bystanders along the sidewalk. I’m sorry,” Taekwoon whispered the last part, hearing his mother sigh and pat his shoulders in sympathy. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter