Prelude

House Of Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PRELUDE

 

 

The sun was just about to rise, its orangish rays glimmered against the puddles of rainwater that congregated near the edges of the sidewalks. People were already starting to walk up and down the streets, paying no attention to the others around them. Hakyeon groaned at the loud chatter near him, curling into a tight ball and his ears flattened against his head to block out the noisiness of the soon-to-be crowded streets. The fox whipped his tail over his waist, tucking in his knees to induce a greater warmth while the cold winter winds blew across his skin. The animal winced as a shard of glass made its way towards his cheek, wedging itself into the tender skin. It was just another day around the alleyway. The cat lady he lived with came home drunk early in the morning, dropping her beer bottle next to him when he wasn’t up and awake for her to order. 

 

He wasn’t allowed to go inside and it irked him to hear the cats inside, mewling in a teasing way while he slept out in the rain or even the freezing cold without a warm blanket and barely enough food to eat. “Lazy ,” He heard the woman mutter under her breath, slamming her front door shut. She wasn’t any good at paying the rent, anyways. ing hypocrite, Hakyeon sneered in his mind, deciding to sit up before she came out again. He could feel the blood trickling along his skin, splattering onto the cobblestone streets. The crimson blood darkened as it fell. 

 

Hakyeon breathed in deeply, gripping at the glass. With a final breath, the fox yanked it out, dropping it onto the floor. Quickly, Hakyeon covered the wound with a piece of his shirt, tearing it away from the rest of the material to clog the blood from flowing any further down his skin. “I see you’re still lingering around that witch!” Hongbin sneered, his dog tail wagging in different directions as he walked towards Hakyeon. The raven-haired male nodded, sighing. He only wished he was as lucky as Hongbin. The boy got to eat like a king because of his owner, Wonsik who was a popular producer. “I don’t get why you’re not leaving this trashy place. It’s only best…” The auburn-haired trailed. Hakyeon only averted his eyes, letting out a small whisper as his reply;

 

“I like it here,” He whispered, eyes down-casting towards his lap. Of course, it was such a lie — too big to even weigh! He could hear the younger scoff and grumble under his breath, obviously irritated that Hakyeon won’t listen to him, even when Hongbin listened to his advice and that’s where it got him. A loving family with a rich producer. “I don’t like humans…” Hakyeon continued, grimacing. Hongbin shook his head, leaving when his owner whistled for him, yelling out for him to come home. And so, he left Hakyeon there with the cat lady, the same as always.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter