Kyungsoo's POV

Yesterday

"I'm Kim Jongin," he had said.

Truth be told, Kyungsoo had been well aware of Jongin's presence ever since the first day they met. It was no coincidence that every time Jongin tried to look for Kyungsoo, he was never there. It wasn't easy moving to a new school, and a stalker just made it a hundred times worse. 

On the first morning before school, a boy Kyungsoo's age was sitting at the bus stop. When Kyungsoo's car stopped at the red light, he could feel a pair of eyes boring into the deepest parts of his soul. Kyungsoo pretended not to notice, and stared straight ahead, averting eye contact at all costs. He had a feeling he was being judged by the stranger at the bus stop. Kyungsoo was being judged by a person he didn't even know, a person who didn't even know him. This was one of his biggest insecurities. He did care what people thought of him, yet he didn't know how to express himself. What would please everyone and how should he act? There was bound to be an answer, but Kyungsoo could not seem to figure it out. He was too afraid to try or to ask. Most of all, Kyungsoo was too afraid to let out his real personality. He let out a silent sigh of relief when the light turned green. Kyungsoo never would have thought that they would be seeing each other again very soon.

The moment he spotted the same stranger making his way towards his direction at the school gates, he felt a sense of panic. But this wasn't simply because of his stalking suspicion; it was also due to Kyungsoo's fear of social contact. He had closed himself off from the rest of the world, and most people would describe him as antisocial. Any outside interactions with people always made Kyungsoo nervous. So he avoided Jongin to the best of his ability.

This proved to be tougher than Kyungsoo imagined, with many close calls. The second day, Kyungsoo caught Jongin just in time. Who knew that he would come so early in the morning? But stalkers are desperate, Kyungsoo had thought. When a flash of red out of the corner of his eye sped past, Kyungsoo had looked up to realize that his stalker was approaching the school gates on his bike, fast. Kyungsoo had enough sense to pack up and get the hell out of there. He had the audacity to look back at the bench he had been sitting on a few seconds ago, and this time Jongin had replaced him. For some strange reason though, he simply sat there, as if waiting, not searching. 

Day three was the easiest for Kyungsoo. He knew to stay alert at all times, and sure enough, a red bike came charging towards him at full speed. Exactly like the day before, he had come almost twenty minutes before school started. Kyungsoo walked away without looking back. 

_______________

The rest of the week had been quite peaceful for Kyungsoo, since he caught not sight of the boy after the third day. Kyungsoo had patted himself on the back for being able to successfully avoid him. However, he was not at all expecting the situation that went down on Saturday. 

The second Kyungsoo woke up, he threw his clothes on in a rush to get out the door. Not even stopping for breakfast, Kyungsoo flew down the stairs and through the door at lightning speed. His t-shirt was askew and his unkempt bed hair was ruffled, strands of black parted in several differed directions. 

Kyungsoo had loved the first two books of My Lady, and was dying to purchase his own copy of the third book. Luckily for him, walking to the store only took five minutes from his house. At the speed he was going, it was a completely different story. Kyungsoo arrived at the door one minute after he left the house. Only when he stepped inside and saw the relatively empty part of the shelf, save one book, did he comprehend that he had almost missed his oppurtunity. 

An invisible foot kicked Kyungsoo from behind and sent him, once again, flying. This time, he was flying towards the bookshelf, eyes on the prize. Soon enough, the book was in his hand. Yet another hand that didn't belong to him was also on top of his. Kyungsoo, startled, pulled back his hand. When he looked up, there he was. His stalker had finally made his move. Kyungsoo was taken aback that he would go so far as to follow him outside of school. At the same time, he was frightened and disgusted. He mustered all of his courage to spew out a few stuttering words. "S-stop following me!" 

But what came next drowned the courage. "I want to be friends." 

_______________

Friends...? Such an uncommon occurence had only happened once before in his lifetime. A sense of deja vu struck Kyungsoo as he remembered his early childhood. 

Kyungsoo was always moving schools every so often because of his mother's frequent business trips. The result was him joining schools during the middle of the school year, and once, even during the last ten days of school. It was a hectic schedule, but there was nothing Kyungsoo could do about it. His mother would not let him stay at home; she was too paranoid to trust him with anyone other than herself. His father, a coward, had long since abandoned him. Kyungsoo never remembered his father's face, let alone his voice. He had only ever heard stories about how his craven father ran away when Kyungsoo was still a baby. According to his mother, her husband had been too stressed about raising a child. He wasn't ready for the responsibility or the work. Kyungsoo tried his hardest not to blame his father or hate him, because ultimately, he didn't even know him. 

However hard he tried not to blame his mother though, there were times when Kyungsoo was sick and tired of constantly being on the move. Although he knew that this was his mother's job, and she was trying her best to support them both, Kyungsoo just wanted to settle down into a peaceful and routinely life. He rarely ever had the chance to make friends, and had given up early on. Because he usually joined during the middle of the school year, by then everyone already had their own cliques and groups. No one tried to befriend Kyungsoo, and he was labeled as 'the loner'. Except once.

Much like the comic book store instance, a sprightly little kid named Kai had asked to be friends with Kyungsoo in second grade. He couldn't refuse the bright smile on Kai's face that reached the corners of the sun, even though he knew his days at that school were fleeting. The few days Kyungsoo spend with Kai were the pinnacle of his happiness. He felt free around Kai, and the joy that came from finally having a friend his age who shared his interests was indescribable. Kyungsoo would give anything to feel that same jubilance again. 

This time around, there was no difference in schedule. Thirty days, Kyungsoo's mother had told him. He only had thirty days in this school. After the thirty days ended, it would be goodbye old school and hello new school. Again. Now, he only had twenty four days to enjoy himself with a new friend. But Kyungsoo believed that it could be worth every minute. Seeing the resemblance this new friend had to Kai, there was a possibility that Kyungsoo could revive his happiness.  

He decided to take a chance, "Okay, I guess we can be friends... Okay."

After all, there was nothing to lose, right?


T_T I lost my contact today... so sad. 

But on the good side, I just finished school!!! But I'm still so busy this summer I CRI. 

The EXO comeback is this month though and I'm excited AF. CHEN LOOKS SO GOOD. XIUMIN TOO. AND KAI. AND BAEK... all of them... 

Here's a Kyungsoo POV for a change, hope you guys like it! 

Hehe Kai and Jongin... Are they the same person or two different people? WHO KNOWSSS