Waking up

Born with six brothers

"Wake up, *Maknae, or I'm gonna eat your breakfast," you heard. You opened your eyes; vision was blurred and throat was dry. You wanted to hug your pillow again and fall back to sleep but then "Yah! Hong Naya! Wake up, lazy !" you were shaken vigorously by your older brother, Dongwoon, who was shouting in your ears. It felt as if there was an earthquake. You broke free from Dongwoon's grasp and hit him hard on the head.

"Yah! What are you doing?!" you yelled.

Dongwoon scrunched up into a ball as he held onto his head, stinging in pain. "Naya, that hurt! That really hurt! *Appa!"

"Really? You're going to use the 'Appa' card on me?" you raised your left arm to hit Dongwoon on the head once more until your dad entered your room, looking more strict than usual.

"Hong Naya, why is your hand in the air like that?"

You quickly put your hands behind your back and shook your head, "Nothing. It's nothing!"

"Appa! Naya hit me!" Dongwoon criminated.

"Naya, why did you hit your brother?"

"It's not what it looks like, Appa. Dongwoon oppa was shaking me so I hit him!" you claimed your stand.

Your dad raised his eyebrow, doubting your words, as he put his hands on his waist. "Hong Naya, you don't hit family. Say sorry to Dongwoon."


"But, Appa--"

"No excuses. Apologize now."

You huffed as you turned to your brother and said, "Sorry, oppa....." with the least bit of sincerity.

"You don't mean it!"

You made an angry face. Your fingers curled and lips bitten by your teeth, showing your hesitation to just jump on your brother and beat the heck out of him for being an annoyance. However, you controlled yourself and re-did your apology, "I'm sorry for hitting you, Dongwoon oppa."

"Apology accepted," Dongwoon was satisfied. Your father smiled proudly and ruffled your hair and Dongwoon's.

"Dongwoon, Naya. It's best if you get along instead of bicker. Don't be troublemakers, okay? We have Hyunseung for that," your father joked.

"Appa, I heard that!" Hyunseung said out-of-the-blue. Apparently, he and the rest of your brothers have been outside your bedroom door all along, listening in to the situation happening.

"Now, let's eat breakfast." Your dad left your room. Dongwoon brushed off the dirt and dust on his shirt. He then looked at you with a mix of bitterness and fear, not wanting you to hit him again.

"Dongwoon-oppa, if you're gonna wake me up, do it properly!"

"It's not my fault you sleep like a hibernating bear..."

"What?! Did you just call me a---" you were about to hit Dongwoon when Doojoon stepped in-between and yelled, "Yah! Appa's gonna get mad again! Just get your butts out of here and to the dining room or I'll kick you guys myself!"

Neither you nor Dongwoon wanted to get Doojoon angrier. You knew all too well the consequences of reaching Doojoon's boiling point. You decided to calm down and form a truce with Dongwoon.

"Promise not to shake me to wake me up?"

"Promise not to hit me?"

"Promise."

"Promise."

You and Dongwoon extended your pinky fingers, locked it with each other's and put together your thumbs sybolizing the truce and promise to be kept. Doojoon patted yours and Dongwoon's backs.

"That's our maknae duo. Let's go eat!" Doojoon put his arms around yours and Dongwoon's shoulders and the three of you walked out of the room to eat breakfast.

What does your first day of school await for you?


★ ★ ★

홍나야의 일기 업데이트:
월요일|12:34

아...내오빠들...너무짜증나 진짜.
오늘 아침이야... 동운오빠는 날 흔들었어, 나 일어났어..
오빠가 나한테 "막내 일어나야!! 너의 아침식사 먹을거야!!" 말했어...아니...
소리쳤어
그래서.... 맞았다ㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ
근데 나는 우리아빠 위해 책망했다ㅜㅜㅜ미안 아빠...

Hong Naya's Diary Update:
Monday|12:34


Ah...My oppas...they're very annoying really.
This morning... Dongwoon-oppa shook me, I woke up..
Oppa said...no, he shouted to me "Maknae wake up!! I'm gonna eat your breakfast!!"
So... I hit him hehehehehe
But then our Appa scolded me T_T Sorry Appa...

★ ★ ★

AUTHOR'S NOTES

I finally updated this fic!  I gave you guys a name, Welcome to the story Hong Naya!

Naya (나야) is actually an informal/casual way of saying "It's me" ... Hehe. I love playing with Korean words. And Naya doesn't seem that bad of a girl's name, right? I actually find it cute. And because you're all a part of the fic, I had to use something that clearly says "me" :))

Anyways, let me give you guys a Korean culture tip! In Korea, nearly everyone has a blog. A blog that they'll update regularly. I decided to add a Korean-written blog update by Hong Naya! Gives me a chance to practice my Korean, it gives readers a chance to feel the authenticity of Hong Naya's character!~

TRANSLATIONS

Maknae (막내) - Korean for "Youngest"
Appa (아빠) - Korean for "Dad"
Oppa (오빠) - Korean for "Older brother", used by girls only