This is my family

Born with six brothers

Hi, I'm Cami. I'm 14 years old. I live in Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea. I'm the youngest of 7 children. That's quite a lot, right? Well, for my family it's just the right number. My dad has always loved kids. His name is Hong Seungsung. Does the name ring a bell? He's well-known to be the CEO of Cube Entertainment. You've heard of 4Minute and G.Na, right? They're under Cube entertainment. They're also my bridge, in order for me to get away from all the testosterone inside the house.

Are you curious about my family? Let's go back to 1989.

My dad had just married his wife, my mom, in 1989. They were madly in love. They wanted to start a family immediately but as it turned out, my mother had a T-shaped uterus which would make it difficult to concieve and carry a child without problems. Although they were devastated, they still wanted a family - a BIG family.

They first adopted my eldest brother, Doojoon, when he was just born. He was abandoned at an orphanage and they fell in love with him the moment they saw him.

The next child they adopted was my second eldest brother, Hyunseung. It was in 1990 when they met him at the orphanage. A one-year old whose parents died. It was a tragic story and my parents gladly took him in.

It wasn't long before Junhyung, our third eldest brother, joined the family. He was adopted the same year as Hyunseung. All of them were born in 1989, my parents thought was a great coincidence.

It was 1992. My parents, crazy as they were, wanted more kids. Apparently, having 3 sons wasn't enough. They adopted my fourth brother, Yoseob, when he was 2-years old.

The next year, Kikwang was adopted. Our parents loved the way he smiled at them. Our family grew even bigger because of my parents' big hearts.

In 1996, while my parents and my brothers were taking a stroll, my parents saw our youngest brother, Dongwoon, who was 5 years old at that time, crying near a dumpster. His backpack beside him and nothing but a letter on him. My parents kept the letter - it was a note saying that the parents couldn't take care of him anymore. Of course, my parents took him in.

What came as a surprise for my parents was the announcement of mom's pregnancy. It was a shocker to my dad, to her, to my brothers - to everyone in the neighborhood. My parents were thrilled, my brothers as well - except for Dongwoon. He had a hard time adjusting to the fact he wouldn't be the youngest anymore.

During my birth, mom had difficulty. I don't know exactly what happened since my dad never completely told me the story. All I know is... my mom died as she gave birth to me. My dad called me a miracle baby, having been concieved in the first place. Although I never met my mom, my brothers would always tell me how wonderful she was and how great it would've been if we were a complete family.

14 years later, I consider myself as the caretaker of the family. There has to be some womanly control over the brood of testosterone.

Well, that's my family. I warn you... my brothers are the craziest bunch you'll ever meet in your life.

------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

I was inspired by the fact that nearly every story you'll read has some romance. In the case of "Born with 6 brothers" there won't be much romance focused. It's more family and about platonic love. I thought to myself a lot of times "what if I had Beast as my brothers?" which made me start this fanfic. I have older brothers myself, and it's quite a challenge. I hope you enjoy "Born with 6 brothers" !