Chapter 1

That Pouring Rain

There are some moments you can never forget. Some moments you wished you could live in forever and ever.

For me, it was that sudden shower.

As much as I want to, I cant live those moments again.

 

The rain was pouring again, making his hair dripping wet. The petite male quickly ran for cover at one of the old abandoned temple near his house. He ran towards the main tower as there was most shade there. Frantically running, he was out of breath his shirt started to soak and he quickly hugged his bag not wanting his books to soak because it would be a pain to dry. Finally he reached the main entrance and finally got cover. Being bored, he wandered around while flicking his soaking brown hair. He finally arrived at the little shrine at the back of the temple.

To his surprise he saw someone.

It was him.

He froze when the taller male turned around and saw him as well. He stood in his tracks not knowing what to do. There was a large distance between the two of them, both at the opposite corners.

Silence.

“ It came down pretty… suddenly, huh? “

“ … Yeah “ the petite male answered, eyes glued to the ground.

The shorter male could see the other stealing glances at him from his peripheral view. More awkward silence. All that could be heard were the silent shower falling on the ground, creating little puddles of water. The shorter male started tapping his feet oh so lightly on the puddle. And then he saw a piece of brochure on the ground. 2016 Shrine Festival

“ Park! Are- are you going to the festival?! “ he stuttered, his face turning red right after the words left his mouth.

“ Huh? “ the taller was obviously caught off guard.

“ I wonder if my friends would be free- Should I ask them? Hehe.. “

Before the shorter could produce anymore mouth vomit he suddenly felt something landing on his head.

“ Here. Use this.. Or you’ll catch a cold. “ the taller said while looking away after putting the material on the petite male’s head. “ Dry yourself. “

“ Gym shirt? “

“ It’s okay. I’ve not worn it yet “

The shorter blushed.

“ Maybe just once “

“ E-eh?! Then you have worn it! “ the shorter whined with his face all scrunched up.

The taller’s mouth flew open letting out a boisterous laugh as he sees the shorter’s antics.

“ Fine ill just use it “

“ Go ahead “ the taller smiled, showing his pearly whites.

The shorter blushed when he saw that adorable grin while wiping his hair, “ Thanks. “

 

Park Chanyeol was in the same year as me and we often shared some of our classes. He was a soft spoken boy who rarely talked much. He would hang out with his friends in the corridor and that was when I would see him the most. On the day I returned his gym shirt, it was also the happiest day of my life when he asked me out to meet him at the shrine festival. He was so hesitant then, his face blushing. He didn’t even dare to look at me in the eyes. He was so embarrassingly awkward but it was what made him who he was. The adorable and shy Park Chanyeol. I smiled and say yes. The sight that welcomed me was pure happiness from Park Chanyeol along with his signature grin.

 

“ Hey so what’s up with you and Park? Tell us~ come on! “

“ Hey stop annoying me! Its none of your business”

“ I cant believe you’re so selfish. Just tell us man “

“ U wanna know? Ill tell you what! I hate all the boys!!! So stop bothering me!! “

 

Park Chanyeol so coincidentally was coming out of the class and he heard us.

 

I was shocked but I really didn’t bother much about it, thinking that I will have other chances to explain it to him.

On the night of the festival, I waited for him but he never appeared. Little did I know, I never saw him again because he had moved from our school. I never had a chance to tell him. That was when I lost touch with…

… My first love.

 

4 years later

It was a beautiful morning. The windows were opened slightly ajar, letting in the cool breeze and the soft rilakkuma toy snuggled in his arms. He smiled in his sleep dreaming about how the first day of the semester after their summer break was going to be so awesome because he was so going to be ready to rock the semester.

However a sharp ringing sound pierced the silence of his room, his phone alarm indicating that it was already 8AM. Damn it he must have set the wrong alarm again, cursing his small eyes for always mistaking the 6 and 8.

“ Mom! I’m late! “ the petite male shouted as he quickly got ready. So much for his perfect first day of school.

 

“ I cant believe that Do guy is in the same class as us for this semester! “

“ I know right I totally cant stand him. Always with that cute front. Ew. “

“ I don’t even see what those guys like about him “

The two guys bickered among each other.

“ Byun Baekhyun! “ one of them called when the brown haired male appeared.

“ Hey guys! How was your holidays? “

Before they could continue, a doe eyed male steps into the class.

“ Speak of the devil “ the red head, Wooshin whispered, his eyes throwing daggers at the male.

The other guys greeted him while Wooshin and Luhan rolled their eyes seeing how ‘popular’ he was with the guys.

“ Byun-sshi! “ someone comes entering the class holding a book, “ Here’s your notes. Thank you so much”

“ You’re welcome “ Baekhyun stuffs the books into his bag and even shoving his scarf that he previously wore into his school bag.

“ Seriously. Could you act more like a bottom and at least keep your things nicely “ Luhan said, shaking his head at the sight.

Yeah right. If I was to act anymore ‘bottom’ or feminine you guys would be treating me like that Do kid in no time.

“ That’s just how I am! Lets go get food, people! “ Baekhyun clasped his hand together and dragged his friends along to the cafeteria.

Baekhyun was happily chattering with his friends after grabbing a ton of snacks and bread.

“ Park seongsaengnimi! “ someone calls and Baekhyun was once again very sensitive with that surname.

“ Are you that into that teacher. You always get so excited “ Wooshin laughs

“ Into older man huh. ? “ Luhan wiggles his eyebrows.

“ Oh my god shut up you guys!! “ Baekhyun whined and playfully tackled his friends. However he knocked into someone when he was trying to balance his buns and quickly apologized.

“ Unattractive bread “ the mysterious guy answered, returning the bread that he caught.

That voice.

Baekhyun froze in his tracks .

That familiar voice

“ Earth to Baekhyun!! “ the two of his friends called out.

“ I- I gotta- You guys go ahead! Meet you in class “ the male sped all the way to the stairs

Is it him ??

He finally caught up to him. He had his back faced to Baekhyun.

This guy seemed so much taller than him… it cant be.

“ Kim!! “ someone called from behind. The tall male turned and his gaze met Baekhyun.

Huh? Kim? I got the wrong person?

Their eyes were still on each other when the taller broke into a smile. That signature grin.

“ Kim. Dude wait up man where are you going “ the guy caught up to the so called Kim and then their gaze broke. The walked away leaving Baekhyun so confused.

How was I so sure when I barely saw his face when he knocked into me? It just took two words from him to get my heart beating so erratically? Baekhyun please! Get a grip of yourself! Baekhyun thought to himself while was walking on his way home from school.

Walking peacefully with his short legs and enjoying the sunny day he was all chill when suddenly he sees that familiar mop of hair.

“ Oh? “ he lets out a surprised gasp and luck wasn’t on his side because familiar mop of hair noticed him and turned around.

“ I- I’m not following you! I swear this is my neighbourhood! “ more word vomit.

The tall guy just eyes him and then continues walking.

No harm following him right? I have nothing to do at home anyway. Baekhyun smirked to himself. Eh, wait. Why is he stopping in his tracks. Oh the shrine! Damn he’s looking at me again.

He’s going in!! Does this mean it’s him? It can’t be that coincidental that he perhaps likes to hide in shrines??

Baekhyun quickly followed him in and when he caught up, the taller male was sitting in a corner.

“ Park? Is that … you ? “ Baekhyun asked, having enough of playing games. He wanted to make sure. Now.

“ My name is Kim… “ he answers quietly.

“ Oh. I’m sorry then. It must be a mistake “ the shorter replied dejectedly as he turns around ready to leave.

“ It came down pretty suddenly huh? “

At that sentence Baekhyun has flashbacks of 4 years ago. Exactly at where they were, as the rain poured heavily.

“ Park.. It is you! “

“ I changed my name. My parents got divorced. I’m Kim Chanyeol now “

“ Well… that explains a lot “ Baekhyun whispered under his breath

“ I moved back here like 2 semesters ago. I cant believe it took you that long to recognize me “ Chanyeol said, getting up from his spot and facing the shorter. “ Its quite hilarious really. I could recognize you immediately even though you have changed to that. “

“ Uh.. Excuse me?! “ Baekhyun was at a loss of words. He really couldn’t come up with any response to that.

“ You used to be quiet and sweet. You changed a lot. So… how about a reunion hug? “ the taller smirked, opening his arms .

“ C’mere don’t be shy little guy “ he tried again, moving a few steps closer to the shorter.

“ Yah! Little guy?! Go- go away. I don’t simply hug people “ Baekhyun was hiding his blush but it was so obvious now.

“ Yea I forgot. You hate guys.. right? “ Chanyeol’s smile faded away. “ It seems like you still do. “

Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol trying to read his expression. Was he sad? He had a look of emptiness in his face. It was such a different feeling from 4 years ago… Chanyeol. He changed.

“ Yeah. I hate them. I always have. But you… you are different Park Chanyeol. Ive always wanted to tell you that. “ Baekhyun was surprised himself. He didn’t know he was this brave.

Chanyeol’s stony expression changed at that confession. “ Really? I see… “ he rubbed his neck, a habit of his whenever he was caught off guard.

“ I… I loved you too “ Chanyeol confessed, looking straight into Baekhyun’s eyes causing the shorter’s heart to beat so quickly. “ However, we cant go back to that now, though. Things have changed. Im different… You’re different. “

Baekhyun’s hopes were dashed just in a few seconds. Just when he thought that he could return to the happiest day of his life. His first love was telling him they couldn’t. his tears started welling in his eyes.

“ Don’t cry. Its annoying “ Chanyeol said, finally looking away not bearing to look at Baekhyun anymore.

“ Dummy. “ Chanyeol lightly hit Baekhyun’s head and walked away, “ Bye. “

 

Despite how cruel his words were, there was a sense of longing in his eyes. Baekhyun could feel it…

 


A/N : 2k words bye

oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAEKHYUNNIE MY CUTE LIL BUNNY MUNCHKIN CINNAMON ROLLIE <3 /slaps self/

omg in the anime the part the guy hit her head i almost cried it was so cute someone hit me too pls lmao BUT NOT IN AN ABUSIVE WAY PLS I CRI