Final

Watercolor Woes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun looked out of his apartment window and at the dreary city beneath it. The various shades of grays and blacks blended together, begging to be replicated onto the blank canvas in front of him. The rain pounding against the window smudged and blurred his vision. He watched the people on the street go by. Businessmen held their hats and briefcases as they weaved through the crowd. People rushed to claim a seat on the last bus home. Mothers and nannies grasped their children’s hands, sporting brightly colored raincoats and equally bright umbrellas. Baekhyun glared at all of them in contempt. The cheerful colors and radiating smiles didn’t fit the otherwise muted setting. He wanted things to fit and he grew increasingly frustrated at himself. He couldn’t paint them. He refused to paint something so out of place. Picking up his brush, he scowled as he lightly washed the over surface of the canvas with water.

He allowed time to let itself go as his brush bled dull colors across an otherwise blank space. He copied the skyscrapers and clouds in front of him with precision, shaping them as if he were taking photographs. It wasn’t until he reached the streets of his painting that he was at a loss. Baekhyun didn’t want bright colors, but at the same time he wanted to paint what he saw. Several knocks on his door distracted him from trying to solve his enigma. The obnoxious tapping had him rolling his eyes to high heaven, because there was only one person who would beat down his door like that.

“Key’s beneath the plant, Chanyeol!” he called across the apartment. After shuffling and crashing from the other side, Baekhyun winced as his clumsy boyfriend stumbled into the room. The boy was well over six feet tall and tripped over his own legs at least four times a day. Baekhyun noticed that the overly cheerful giant was shivering slightly as he took off his soaked jacket and hung it up.

“How’re doin’, Baek?” He asked, throwing himself on the futon and grinning at the shorter boy.

“Get off the couch.”

“Geez, not even a ‘hello’? I’m hurt,” Chanyeol said, sitting up but never

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter