Bad Day

Of Bad Day and Ice Cream Boy

 

Of Bad Days and Ice Cream Boy

wods : 3520

 

 


 

 

 

Seungkwan is not feeling great. Somehow today he's feeling ty since he woke up this morning, upset and very much annoyed. The problem is, there's nothing wrong. Everything is just the usual, nothing out of ‎place. It's just he's feeling extra moody today. 

 

A moody Seungkwan is a disaster. A catasthrope, because he's gotten waaaayyyyyyyy sassier, his words sharper than any swords you can find out there. If he's like that, all his friends backed away from him, not wanting to deal with his (dramatic) moodswings, toning down the teasing and pranks. Even his most 'I don't give a ' hyung (read as Lee Jihoon) asked him twice today, if he's alright or not because he swears Seungkwan is grumpier than him today. (okay maybe NOT as grumpy as him but still close enough)

 

 

“i'm okay hyung. I just don't feel well. I woke up feeling ty and no, i'm not sick, and DON'T YOU DARE SAY I'M ON MY PERIOD OR I'LL RIP YOUR HEAD OFF.” Seungkwan  answered Jeonghan's fifth time asking if he's alright and glaring at Seokmin and Soonyoung particularly. Both of them only raised their hands on surrender and Seungkwan huffs. 

 

“I'm feeling like .” He mumbled on Jeonghan's shoulder, relishing in the way his hyung run his hand on his hairs. “Hang in there Kwan. We'll go get ice cream or macaroons after you're done with your classes yeah?” Jeonghan said as he gently pats Seungkwan's cheeks. “But you have part-time and I don't have money.” ‎Seungkwan responded. Jeonghan chuckles fondly at him when he pouts. “I'll ask Shua to cover for me and  Cheol will pay for us.” At this Seungcheol groaned but Jeonghan shuts him up with a glare, mouthing about how he should take care one of his youngest dongsaeng.

 

“And guess what? Maybe you'll be able to get ice cream and macaroons!” Seungcheol huffed annoyedly but he immediately softens when Seungkwan visibly brightened a bit. “Alright, alright. And I think I want Mango Banana Milkshake, Kwannie. Do you want it too?” Seungkwan beamed at him and Seungcheol chuckles, Jeonghan joining him when Seungkwan said 'I have the best hyungs in the world!' accompanied with his first genuine smile that day. Seokmin, Soonyoung, and even Jihoon smiles a bit, glad that Seungkwan is feeling a bit better.

 

 

 Because really, a quiet, grumpy, sassy(more than usual) Seungkwan is a nightmare.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“i'm sorry sir, but we're out of the Mango Banana Milkshake.” Seungcheol blinks twice and Seungkwan pouts defeteadly. “if you want, we still have our Peach Mango Milkshake. It's the second favorite here.” The cashier offered, genuinely looking sorry. “Do you want it, Kwannie?” Seungcheol turned his head to him rather cautiously.

 

Seungkwan sighed. “It's okay hyung, i'm not really in the mood for milkshake.” Jeonghan glanced at him and then glances back at the cashier. “Um, we'll just have your chocolate with seasalt cheese foam and two peach mango milkshake. And oh, three slices of red velvet cake. How much is that?” Jeonghan said with a smile ( a sweet, gentle kind of smile that Jeonghan used everytime he's 'flirting' , Seungcheol said) which makes Seungcheol rolled his eyes because that was unnecessary okay Yoon Jeonghan.

 

After paying their purchases Seungcheol carried their tray and Seungkwan follows them to the other side of the cafe. Sitting down to their chosen seats, Seungkwan immediately took his chocolate drinks. Gulping down the sweet salty liquid he puts it down on the table with a small sigh. Silently he reached for his slice of red velvet cake and eats it with vigor, enjoying the sweet taste of it.

 

“Do you still want to eat ice cream, Seungkwannie?” Jeonghan asked with a small smile.( In the end, Seungkwan had eaten two slices of red velvet cake, courtesy of Jeonghan hyung who said that he's not hungry and on a diet. Bless his angelic hyung.)

 

Shyly, Seungkwan checks Seungcheol's expression, silently asking for permission because really he got no money.

 

Seungcheol frowns when two pairs of huge, puppy eyes stared at him in a silent‎ request. Sighing, Seungcheol throws his hand in the air. “Yes, you can eat ice cream. Yes, i'll pay for you both. And stop doing those things with your eyes! Darn it.” He answered the unspoken pleading grumpily. “Thankyou, hyung! I promise, i'll treat you back when I have my money!” Seungkwan cheerfully beams at his hyung and Seungcheol smiles softly at him, his father-like smile that he often used when his younger dongsaeng does something cute in his eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 “Thankyou, Cheollie. You're the best boyfriend ever!”

 

And Seungkwan scrunched up his nose when Jeonghan gave Seungcheol a few quick pecks on his right cheek, resulting to Seungcheol having this lovesick smile on his face all the time when they go to the ice cream parlor.

 

 

 

 

“Welcome to Sparkle Ice Cream shop! May I ask what can I do to help you, sir?” A cheerful voice greeted them but Seungkwan's focus is on the menu instantly. “Yes, can we have two scoops of Chocolate and Banana ice cream, two scoops of Vanilla with Minty Orange and.....what do you want, Seungkwannie?”

 

 Seungkwan ponders for a few seconds, weighing his opinion on the various flavours of the ice cream.

 

 “umm...i'll have..... Cream cheese with Chocolate.” Jeonghan nods and he repeated Seungkwan's order. “Okay, so do you want some topping or....?” The cheerful voice asks them again. “Choco banana with choco chips, Vanilla orange with hershey's and, uh, do you want something Kwannie?” Jeonghan asked him and Seungkwan almost groan because he needs to choose again. “um...,brownies!” Seungkwan answered quickly and he averts his gaze from the menu. His gaze landed to the boy who owned the cheerful voice and God is that DiCaprio? 

 

He quickly snapped out of his trance when he realized he's staring a little bit too long, long enough to be considered as rude. When he is about to turn his head away the boy catches his eyes and stares back, with a wink at the end before he focused on the task in his hands right now.

 

 

 

 

Seungkwan raised his eyebrows. Okay, he got a wink when he’s caught staring at a stranger. 

 

 

 

 

Somehow, that feels nice. If he's in a normal mood he would try to catch the DiCaprio's attention again and send a wink back at him but now, he's not in his normal mood. Seungkwan sighed as he waited for his ice cream, leaning on his Jeonghan hyung's shoulder.

 

 

 

“Chocolate Cream Cheese with brownies.” Seungkwan reached out to get his ice cream and the young DiCaprio sends him a flirtatious smile, and an obvious lingering fingers on his hand. “how much are these?” Jeonghan cuts in and young DiCaprio's (or Vernon, the nametag says) gaze lingered at him a few seconds before saying the price of their ice creams and Seungcheol paid for it all. Young DiCaprio (Vernon, Seungkwan. His name is Vernon) gives them a few tissues and Jeonghan snatched them before he can give it to Seungkwan. “Come on, Seungkwannie. Let's search for a seat.”

 

 

“He’s totally flirting with you.” Seungcheol says when they sits down on the seats near by the window.

 

Seungkwan only shrugs. Right now he’s not really that interested with flirty ice cream boy or handsome foreigner who looks like the exact copy of young Leonardo DiCaprio. Sure, that guy is hot as hell and Seungkwan thinks he could see a toned chest under that thin white shirt , he is really really goodlooking but right now, he’s not in the mood to respond to that whatever-his-name-is guy’s advances. He just wanted to relieve this irritating feeling, still coiling deep in the back of his heart even after his usual ritual of eating red velvet cake and drinking chocolate with seasalt cheese foam.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This ice cream is good.

 

Hope bubbles in his heart. Maybe this ice cream will calm his heart down.

 

 

 

“Feeling better?” Jeonghan asked with a small smile and Seungkwan nods fervently. “This place is great hyung. Why didn’t you take me here first?” A snort from Seungcheol and a chuckle from Jeonghan. “Apparently someone said he wanted to drink the Mango Banana Milkshake first, so we went there first. After all, ice cream is for dessert Seungkwannie.” Jeonghan said, poking at Seungkwan’s ice cream, a silent request of ‘i want to taste yours but you’re not too civil right now so i will do this instead.’ Seungkwan rolls his eyes. He digs a big spoonful and he gestures Jeonghan to open his mouth. The happy grin on his hyung’s face after makes him questions who’s the older guy here.

“You know, that guy is glancing at you everytime a customer came in— See?” Once again Seungcheol tilts his head to ice cream boy, who’s indeed staring at Seungkwan, not at all shy when he was caught but instead sending him another wink with a smirk, looking away as the customer arrives at the counter.

 Huffing, Seungkwan slaps his oldest hyung’s arm. “Shut up hyung. Just finish your ice cream and then we can go home.”

 

Seungcheol shoots an eyebrow. His face clearly stated ‘Are you sure Seungkwannie because i know you know the guy is handsome and he’s clearly flirting with you. You sure you wanted to go home without at least asking his name or something?’

 

Seungkwan replies with a scowl though.

 

(See? His hyung didn’t even do something offending but Seungkwan is annoyed. Today his feeling is a mess. He’s a grumpy, y, rude human being when his feeling is a mess, that much he already knew and he doesn’t want to give a bad first impression to that ice cream boy.)

 

“Not in the mood hyung. Come on, finish your ice cream! I’m done.” He sets his cup on the table, taking out his phone and choosing to play his lvl 125 Candy Crush. Bored, he changes the game to his Clash of Clans, cursing when he saw how damaged his  buildings are after a battle he lose against some stranger.

If Seungkwan paid enough attention, he would’ve notice the sly grin on Seungcheol’s lips, the telepathy going on between his hyungs’s gazes, the meaningful head tilts and the back and forth frown, (mostly from Jeonghan) but he doesn’t, so of course he’s not  suspicious when Jeonghan excused himself to the bathroom, with Seungcheol following after ten minutes of waiting for his angel hyung, saying that he wanted to check on his boyfriend.

He thought maybe his hyung is having a minor stomachache but when Seungcheol and Jeonghan didn’t come back after another ten minutes, suspicion begins to fill in his heart, because If they did ‘it’ in the bathroom i swear i’m gonna report them to the owner of this place holyf*ck why can’t they keep their hands to themselves for a while goddammit.

 

 

So off he goes to the bathroom, only to find that all of the stalls are empty, not even a trace of his hyungs presence in these stalls.

 

 

 

 

What the .

 

 

 

 

He groans when he realized that both of his hyungs are doing one of their childish prank of ‘Leaving Seungkwan alone in the ice cream shop and hopefully he won’t kill us when he meet us in the future.’

 

 

 

 

Oh, such reliable hyungs they are. I should’ve feel cautious when Jeonghan offered to buy ice creams and macaroons! Idiot Boo. Now what are you going to do?

 

 

 

 

Frustratedly Seungkwan slams his head to the nearest wall, not even caring that he looked like a crazy person for doing this. How the hell is he suppose to go home? His ride was Seungcheol’s car, and he literally have zero amount of money in his pocket right now.

 

 

 

I hate them.

 

 

 

 

When his phone rings he picks it up immediately, snapping to whoever it is at the other side of his phone.

 

 

 

“Don’t be angry please, Seungkwannie. This is Seungcheol’s plan, i have no choice other than helping him because he blackmailed me with — “

“DON’T LISTEN TO HIM, SEUNGKWAN-AH. How cruel of you, Yoon Jeonghan? Anyways, please don’t kill us? I have a very solid reason for my  stunt earlier and i can’t reveal it right now, so forgive us?”

 

“I’m giving you a chance to say your last wish Seungcheol hyung because i swear i’m going to kick you right on your d*ck so you  can’t have for a month, you hear me?”

 

“Noo please listen to me!  Please, —Are you really laughing right now, Jeonghannie? I thought you love me?— you have to understand. Just talk to the handsome guy at the counter and we’re good, i promise.”

 

“We’re good my . No, i already decided that i’m holding grudges against you and Jeonghan hyung but mostly you. I don’t care about that ice cream boy and i certainly don’t want to talk to him. I’m going to ask for Soonyoung or Seokmin hyung to pick me up and—“

 

“Whoops, no can do Seungkwannie. We already told them to leave you alone and to ignore you because your mood is worsening, and they don’t want to taste your wrath soo yep. Your only way to get out of there is talking to that guy. Now, i have to go. I’m afraid your dark aura would kill me if i talk to you any longer now. Bye Seungkwannie, good luck!”

 

“What— Wait, hyung, i’m not done—“

 

 

 

 

The line goes off.

 

 

 

 

 

 Jerks. Stupid hyungs. Crazy idiots. Older guys whom i accidentally befriended with and now i’m questioning my life choices and my so called circle of friends or whatever.

 

 

 

 

Scowling, he storms out of the toilet and he goes straight to his seat. Okay, it’s not like he will goes up to the ice cream boy suddenly because that’s weird as and he hated to be seen like a desperate boy who can’t go home although that’s his condition right now but still. This is a random stranger who’s hot as hell, a reincarnation of Leonardo DiCaprio although the real one isn’t dead yet and—

 

 

 

 

 

“Excuse me, are you okay? You’re a little bit pale.”

 

 

 

 

 

Oh, it’s the young DiCaprio. Where was he? Right, the reincarnation of Leonardo DiCaprio who’s not even dead yet there’s a young guy—

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Startled, Seungkwan whips his head to the side, swallowing his very unmanly scream when he finds a very very attractive face hovering above him, a kind smile and gentle eyes peering down at him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

ABORT. PLAN TWO. WHAT’S YOUR ING PLAN TWO BOO SEUNGKWAN?!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Young DiCaprio, or Vernon as the nametag says (this kind of has a déjà vu feeling......Nevermind.)  chuckles at him, his thin lips expanding to reveal a white pearly set of teeth, staring at him with interest and he hopes it’s not because of Vernon found Seungkwan amazingly stupid because who the heck even got left behind by his two other friends without himself knowing it? (It would be good if the interest in those brown eyes are because he finds Seungkwan cute or lovely.)

 

“You looked so startled, i’m sorry. I didn’t mean to startle you.” Vernon says with another blinding smile and Seungkwan is tempted to cover his eyes with sunglasses because this guy is glowing. (He’s kind of jealous because Vernon’s skin is so freakin smooth and so in fair, unlike his skin which has the tendency to be a rebellious part of his body if he forgot to put on his moisturizer more than two days)

He realized that he’s been gaping like a goldfish when Vernon chuckles again, gently motioning to close Seungkwan’s lips..

 

 

 

 

 

Someone bury me please. But let me kill my two oldest hyungs first, then i will rest in peace.

 

 

 

 

 

He’s pretty sure that his cheeks are covered by red color, because it’s burning, the heat making him uncomfortable and it got worse when Vernon smiles that one smile when you’re trying to stifle your laughter, do you know that one? Embarrassed, Seungkwan throws his gaze to the floor, afraid that he would do something stupid if he looks at Vernon’s face again.

 

 

 

“Are you okay? You were so pale but now you’re so red. I think you’re sick, hold on, let me get you something tasty.”

 

 

 

And then Vernon is gone, scurrying back to the counter and taking out something that looks like a cake from the fridge, wait it’s an ice cream cake, a delicious triple chocolate ice cream cake, and wow, Seungkwan already can taste the sweetness of the said cake, melting on his tounge and coating his teeth with chocolate colo—

 

On second thought, maybe he shouldn’t eat the cake. (he couldn’t risk his appearance for a creamy, sweet, chocolatey ice cream cake. Nope.)

 

 

 

But when the small cake is placed in front of him, his thoughts of  Don’t eat the cake , You’re on a diet, Boo Seungkwan , but i ate so much today flies out of the window, his heart, body, and mind focusing to the cake only, chocolate covered teeth and unattractive face smeared with frosting cream be damned. A chuckle from Vernon snaps him out of his self-debate with his inner self, staring at the handsome guy with a slightly pleading face but the thought of  No money, idiot  crossed his mind and he visibly deflates.

Afterall, it’s not about his diet or his attractiveness in the end. It’s money, it’s always the damn money. He couldn’t go home because of his empty pocket and now he couldn’t eat the cake because of his empty pocket  too.

 

Right now he’s really starting to hate the idea of paying everything with a single paper or some coins.

 

 

 

“It’s okay, it’s in the house. You can eat this whole cake, i’m paying. Consider this as a way of saying ‘You’re cute’ from me. Enjoy the cake.” Vernon ends his sentence with another wink and it’s either he really loves the idea of winking or he wants to show Seungkwan that he’s still attracted to him, Seungkwan hopes it’s the latter.

 

But right now, he gotta finish this delicious thing in front of him. Without further ado he grabs the small fork beside the cake, cutting it with lightning speed and popping in a big piece of triple chocolate cake into his mouth. As expected, it takes time to melt inside his mouth but the sweet and slightly bitter taste of chocolate hits him hard on his tounge when the cake finally melted, resulting him to let out a very satisfied hum, ignoring the girl next table who’s busy staring at him like he’s some kind of a maniac.

 

 

 

Don’t blame me if you’re on a diet and you can’t enjoy the cake like i do, btch. Mind your own business. He throws a deathly glare towards the girl, rolling his eyes when the girl gives him an offended expression.

 

 

Whoa, it turns out that he’s still hungry, even after two slices of red velvet cake, a large sized chocolate with seasalt cheese foam drinks, and two scoops of cream cheese and chocolate ice cream. He ate the whole triple chocolate ice cream cake, what the . How much calories did he eat today, and damn those unhealthy amount of chocolates and sugar and everything in the cakes! His diet for this month is a total failure.

Before he could smash his face on the table a hand suddenly taps his shoulder, resulting him to jump from his seat but when he hears a now-familiar chuckle he immediately calms down.

 

 

“I’m glad that you like the cake. You like sweets huh?” Vernon appears beside him. The blinding smile is back with full force and Seungkwan sets his gaze on the now empty  plate(?) because he sure doesn’t want to be seen as a creeper. (Who else even gaped, literally gaped like a fish out of the water in front of a very handsome guy you just met an hour ago? Like that’s so uncool and creepy. Thank God that this Vernon is a good guy.)

 

“You seems like a shy guy. It’s a little different from what i heard before. They said that you’re a good kid but you’re sassy and diva-is 80% of the time but i don’t see those traits in you right now. Well maybe that’s because you’re not close with me but i hope we can be close enough for you to show your other sides when you’re with me.”

 

In the middle of processing the a shy guy, different from what i heard , a good kid but sassy and diva-ish , longer version of i want to know you more Vernon takes the empty plate from his table, his fingers touching the tip of Seungkwan’s own briefly with a friendly smile (but still with a flirtatious wink) before he goes to the counter once again, dumping the plate on the dirty dishes counter and goes on working like nothing is wrong, like he didn’t give Seungkwan a mini heart attack a split second before.

 

Great. Now he really wanted to ask for Vernon’s number.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : Hello there my lovely beans. So this is the story! THANKYOU FOR 25 SUBSCRIBERS, YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME! Tell me what you think about the story! Thankyou for reading and have a good day!;;)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jk lol this is just the first part hahaha wait for the second part! Here is alrdy midnight so i better sleep soon haha. Till the next part!:3