Meeting the kingkas

With You(A Yongguk X OC Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Na jigeum senchihae,
Cheonjangman barabwa
 Amugeotdo eomneun batange
 Geurim geuryeobwatja
  Na jigeum senchihae
  Jobeun nae bang han kan
 Oneulttara neomu neolpeo
 Honja nuwoitgien"

 I groaned loudly, picking up my phone which was on the bedside table playing my alarm. It was "Sentimental" by Winner, My favorite Kpop group ever. Sure it was a nice way to wake up usually...But not at 6:30 in the morning. There was a small mew and I looked under the blanket to see marshmallow snuggled up to my side.

   "Cute." I thought, scratching her ear softly before getting out of bed. The flooring was carpet, unlike the wood floors at my parents house. Now this, I could get used to. Once I was done with my morning routine, I grabbed my black and teal book bag. Luckily, there was no dress code. So I was in black skinny jeans and a white shirt that had a cartoon panda on it. I topped off my outfit with my pair of plain black converse and opened the door to leave my dorm. After locking it, a stood there, taking a deep breath and letting the wind blow through my faded blonde hair.

    "Aish...I should really re-bleach my hair soon." I muttered to myself. Today was my first day of school. On Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, I had morning classes. Then on Thursdays and Fridays I had evening classes. I made my way to my first class, which was lecture. I managed to get there around 7:10 so there were only a few people in the large room. Although it was only a few people, I felt uncomfortable because all of their eyes were in me and followed me as I made my way to the teacher.

   "Hello," I said, bowing politely, "I'm Yoo Gayoon."

"Oh hello! I totally forgot we had a new student. Just sit anywhere you'd like. Class will start at 7:45." He replied with a nice smile. I bowed once more before heading to a seat in the very back. I tried to ignore the eyes that followed me the whole time. I spent a long while just writing random stuff in my notebook as the class slowly filled with other students. But as time went by, I noticed something strange. As the first group of friends walked in, their eyes immediately made contact with mine. I looked down quickly, hoping to go unnoticed. I wouldn't have thought anything of it. But then the second group of friends that came in did the same thing...and so did the third, forth, and so on. I was tired of getting looked at, especially when I didn't even know why everyone was glaring holes into me. I kept my eyes down, trying not to draw attention to myself. It was around 7:40 when I checked the time. Only five more minutes of this-

    "HI!" I jumped in my seat, startled by the hyper tone that just presented itself behind me. I turned around, my heart racing only to see a girl with black hair and glasses look at me with a huge smile on her face.

"Oh h-hello." I bowed in my seat, still a little spooked from her sudden appearance. She let out a small giggle,

   "I'm Yang Sunmi," She held out a hand, "You're new, right?" I nodded, shaking her hand.

"Yes, I'm Yoo Gayoon." I responded, nervous because she was the only student that hadn't sent me death threats with her eyes.

   "Can I sit here?" She asked, pointing at the seat beside me. I gave her a nod in response, going back to scribbling in my notebook.

"Yah, you don't look too happy...Aren't you excited to be in college and to meet new friends and everything?" She asked in a perky tone that was kind of annoying but it did make the atmosphere less awkward.

   "Ah um...I doubt anyone here will want to be my friend...I just got here and everyone else is already glaring at me like I'm the worst thing im the world." I muttered, sinking down in my seat. Sunmi gave me a sympathetic smile,

"Gayoon, They are just jealous because yesterday everyone saw you talking to Ban-" the bell cut her sentence short. 

   "Alright class, how are you today?" The teacher asked, not getting much of a reply from the half asleep students.

"Well today we will be talking abou-" the teacher was cut off when the door opened, revealing five guys, which I recognized immediately. Everyone in the class(mostly the girls though), began muttering things to each other and fanning themselves, some even trying to get the boys' attention. All five of the guys waved at the girls, occasionally giving winking and shooting little loved bullets. The one that I recognized as the one that helped me up yesterday was smiling at everyone and scanning th classroom. His eyes made contact with mine and I froze in my place. The students got quite as they noticed he was staring at someone. They all followed his gaze till everyone's eyes were on me. The guy gave me a sly wink before walking over to an empty seat near the front of the class. The teacher gave a loud sigh,

    "Alright class, time to get settled. This doesn't need to be an everyday thing." The teacher said.

"So this happens every day? Those guys must be really popular...Especially with the girls." I thought to myself. I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked up to see one of the guys that just walked in. He was fairly short with black hair and he kind of resembled a chipmunk in my opinion.

    "Is this seat taken?" He asked with a small smile. He seemed kinder, also not as confident as the rest of his group. Although he didn't seem like a nerd or anything. He was sorta just average.

"O-oh...Sure." I said, "I-I mean it's not taken! But like, sure you can sit there!" I fixed myself, not knowing why I was so nervous. He chuckled lightly at me before sitting down beside me. Some of the other students gasped at our interaction, but Sunmi, who had gotten quiet after the wink that the one guy gave me, was tapping my shoulder and quietly dieing of happiness.

   "Don't mind them, they're always like that when we talk to pretty girls that aren't them." The guy beside me spoke, "I'm Jongup by the way...Moon Jongup."

"A-ah, nice to meet you Jongup-sshi." I nodded to him quietly, "I'm Yoo Gayoon." Jongup nodded once before leaning back in his seat, beginning to follow the teachers words.
~
After a good hour of me nervously paying attention to class, it was over. I let out a sigh of relief as the other students stood up, filing out of the class.

   "It was nice meeting you, Gayoon. I'll see you around." Jongup said before walking out of the classroom.

   "Oh my god, Gayoon!" Sunmi whisper yelled, latching onto my arm.

"Don't die." I replied, chuckling lightly at her fangirlish behavior.

    "Bang Yongguk winked at you! AND MOON JONGUP SAT NEXT TO US! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!" She asked, getting louder.

"Okay okay, calm down." I said, patting her head softly.

    "What if Zelo had talked to us?! I would have died!" She said, fanning herself, "All six of them are perfection...But Yongguk and Zelo are the best. Ah, what I would do to be able to even go on one date." She said to herself more than to me.

"Six?" I questioned, "But yesterday there were only five of them...And there were only five today in class."

   "One of them is out of the country because his dad is in the states getting treatment for his cancer. Although his is stage four. They say he probably won't make it." Sunmi explained with a sad tone.

"But that's good for most of us girls here because once he comes back, we can comfort him! Then we will get close to him and maybe one of us will even be able to date him!" She perked up.

    "What the heck..." I thought to myself. How could she be so happy about something as awful as cancer?

"Well Sunmi...I have to go to my next class now. I'll see you during our free period maybe?" I said. Sunmi gave me a nod,

   "I'll wait for you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter