009 ; winter and scented parchment

Annyeong, I Adore You!

(c) loveteen-s | tumblr

Mingyu x Sujeong

(notes: unformatted since i published it from my tablet. Hogwarts!au)


 

Sujeong can only hear the cracking of the fireplace inside the common room. Everyone was either asleep or outside enjoying their Saturday night. However for Sujeong it was homework night, it had always been ever since she entered Hogwarts. Her friends didn’t even bother asking her to come along knowing that she'll refuse anyway.

The Ravenclaw common room was silent and still. It provided the perfect study place for Sujeong.

She took out an empty parchment and started scribbling down her thoughts into a draft, deciding that she’ll just organize everything later.

Words and ideas flowed out of her non-stop, her hand continuously jotting them down on paper until a shrill voice rudely interrupted her train of thought.

“What the devil are you doing here, Seokmin?!” She snapped, glaring at her best friend who sat on the empty chair across her, fidgeting. “How did you get in?!”

One has to answer a mind-boggling question correctly to gain access to their common room. Even Ravenclaws such as herself find it hard sometimes, and would spend time waiting outside for someone to get it correctly.

She wasn’t implying that Seokmin was stupid, Hufflepuffs are in fact extremely brilliant but it wasn’t like Seokmin to get the answer right.

Besides, the answer for today's riddle was a snake, and Seokmin was dead terrified of that.

“Shua hyung told me the password,” The lad replied, shivering slightly. “I had to force myself to say it.”

Sujeong rolled her eyes. Joshua, of course. There's a reason why Joshua is everyone's favorite oppa/hyung. He was nice. Too nice.

“I don’t want to go out, Seokmin.”

“I know that!” He answered, then added quietly, “Everyone knows that.”

“What brings you here then?” She pressed on, eyeing her best friend suspiciously. “I’m not letting you copy my homework!”

“Wow Sujeongie, you're mean.” Seokmin responded, hurt evident on his face. “I just have a teeny tiny favor to ask. And it would mean the world to me if you agree.”

Sujeong quirked an eyebrow. Seokmin wasn’t one to ask for favors so this must be of grave importance if he had to come bother her on a Saturday evening when he could be out with their other guy friends and having a good time.

“I'm listening.”


 “Why did I agree to this again?”

“Because you love me?”

“No, really.”

“Because… I promised to get you the scented parchments you wanted the next time I sneak out to Hogsmeade?”

“Oh… right.”

The two were on their way to the Transfiguration Courtyard and Sujeong wished she didn’t agree on this at all. It was snowing, her nose hurt and she couldn’t get her mind off the book left sitting on her bed, aching to be read.

“Why meet up outside though? It's too cold.” She asked just as when they were nearing the venue.

Seokmin shrugged and adjusted the scarf wrapped around his neck. “She likes the snow, apparently.”

She's weird then. Sujeong thought. Seokmin definitely won’t forgive her if she said something ill about the girl he's been fancying for a while now. Besides, she has to give him props for actually having the guts to ask her out to the ball.

Ah, the ball. The annual Yule Ball that Sujeong annually ditches as well.

They arrived at the courtyard and she immediately saw Jung Yein, 2nd year Gryffindor, standing by the tree. Next to her was a man of the same house, who was extremely taller than her. He was familiar, but Sujeong can’t remember where she saw him.

“That's not her boyfriend, is it?” Sujeong asked.

Seokmin responded quickly, “No no. That's her best friend. I know him too.”

“Well they look like a couple,” She commented. She then realized that's probably how other people see her and Seokmin too. Couldn’t blame them.

Seokmin called out to her and she responded with a smile and a wave, and Sujeong can see a hint of pink on her cheeks.

Wow, she must really like him back.

“Seokmin oppa, hey!”

“Were you waiting long?”

Yein shook her head. “No, Mingyu oppa and I just arrived.”

Seokmin turned his attention to the lad and nodded, “Hello, Mingyu. Good job on the last match.”

“Yeah. But hey, congratulations. Couldn’t get past the quickness of your seeker.”

Seokmin chuckled. “Yeah, Soonyoung takes pride in that. Nice try trying to catch the snitch though. Saw you almost slipped off your broom. Better take care next time, mate.”

Then it dawned on her. He was the Gryffindor Quidditch Team’s seeker, Kim Mingyu, who was in the same year as her and Seokmin. She remembers him from the match between Hufflepuff and Gryffindor.

“This is Sujeong, by the way. My best friend.”

Sujeong bowed slightly just as Seokmin introduced her to them. Yein gave her a bright smile. “Unnie, hello! I'm Yein.”

“Mingyu.” The lad said curtly. “Hey, I have something to ask you, Sujeong. Mind if I talk to her privately for a moment?”

Seokmin blinked in surprise but nodded nonetheless. “Well, sure I guess.”

Sujeong was surprised as well but didn’t protest when Mingyu led her to one of the courtyard's entrances. “Um.. what is it?”

Mingyu looked at Seokmin and Yein before turning to her. “Nothing really, just wanted to give the two some alone time. It would be awkward to have us there when Seokmin asks her out, don’t you think?”

Sujeong watched as the two sat on a bench and talked. “Yeah, I suppose… I knew Seokmin didn’t need me here.”

“Same sentiments. Although Yein needed someone to calm her down.”

The two laughed as they continued on observing the couple.

“I saw you,” Sujeong looked at Mingyu, puzzled. “Last match, I mean. In the Hufflepuff crowd.”

“Oh.” She remembered sitting with the Hufflepuffs during the last game. She didn’t want to go but Seokmin was being sulky and pouty about it. “I must’ve stuck out like a sore thumb, huh.”

“A blue in a sea of yellow,” Mingyu laughed, exposing his fangs visibly. “Quite, but don’t worry. Do you watch the games a lot?”

“No, it was the first game I watched, actually.” She replied. “I don’t go out much.”

“Ah, so I take you’re not going to the ball, either?” Mingyu said, disappointment dripping from his words. “Such a shame.”

Sujeong blinked at him. “What do you mean?”

“Nothing it's just, it would be fun to have you there.”

Sujeong coughed and tried to hide the blush creeping up her cheeks by burying her face in her scarf. It was weird hearing that from someone you just met but it was oddly… flattering.

“I could make arrangements then, I suppose…”


 “So, I’ll pick you up from your common room, then?”

Yein nodded and Seokmin was so happy he could kiss a toad. He raised his fist in the air and said a loud ‘yes’ which made the other laugh.

He looked at the direction of where Sujeong and Mingyu were and saw the two laughing. “Well those two look like they’re having a grand time as well.”

“Mhm. Mingyu oppa actually couldn’t stop talking about that Ravenclaw he saw during your match,” Yein said. “I knew he was talking about Sujeong unnie.”

Just then, an idea formed in Seokmin's head. “I should probably make Sujeongie attend the ball this year.”

“That’s a good idea, since oppa doesn’t have a date yet.” Yein grinned. “Do you think Sujeong unnie will actually go, though?”

“She will probably kill me, but she will.”

 

Seokmin thought of ways to make Sujeong attend the ball as he walked back to the Hufflepuff common room.

Ah, he has to get more scented parchments, then.