Prologue

Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    In the year 2032, a nationwide war broke out 6 months are a peace treaty between North Korea and South Korea was signed. It was said that the North fired their tanks at the border line between the two nations after false information spread out in the North that an undercover spy from the South assassinated the chief commander of the North’s Special Force. The president of the South held and emergency meeting and tried contacting the North to talk the situation over that they sent no one to assassinate their chief commander but the North would not respond to their call.

 

    Without a single word from the North, their president started a war at exactly 3:30 in the morning on August 21, 2032. All South Korean men as young as 20 who weren’t serving the in military were given letters once morning broke that very day. They were ordered to leave their families and report to the nearest base camps from their towns and report for duty. Those who can’t make it had one week to vacate their houses. It is the duty of a South Korean man to report for duty when letters are given and in this situation, they have no choice but to report to defend their country. 

 

    Men with wives bid their farewells even if it hurt to see them go at an instant. Just the day before, they spent time together as a loving couple then the very next day, they have to part for God knows how many days, weeks, months, years. Men with children who couldn’t understand the complications happening had to explain that they will be gone for a few days to help others. Men with children who were able to understand what was going on had to comfort their children because they don’t want to see their own father leaving and having the mindset that he may never comeback again. It was a heartbreaking moment for those men with families of their own. Men who had to leave their lovers wrote letters for them telling them that they have to leave, that they will comeback safely even if they have to risk their lives in the frontline. Hopefully, they will comeback; comeback for their loved ones and live a happy life once more once this war is over.

 

    Oh Sehun, the eldest son of his family reported for duty again after finishing up his extra years in the military. He was glad that he is being called back in the army hoping to see all his instructors again even if they were brutal and strict but they, too, had a soft side in them. But one thing he hated was the fact that he had to leave his lover again for how many years. No one knows how long this war is going to last just because of false information. He decided that before reporting, he would drop by to see her. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter