Rain

Rain

It was raining,drizzle actually,nothing heavy.Just like how I like it.I was sitting near the window watching tiny droplets of rain falling from the sky slowly wetting the ground .I like how the rain sounds like a beautifully composed score and the soothiness that comes from it.I like how the land cool down along with the rain and how everyone seems to slow down as well.The smell of wet soils brought calmness and homey feelings to the person smelling it.And then,I thought on the rain.If I had to choose,would it be the drizzle or the heavy rain?

It wasn't like i despised on the heavy rain,it's just that i dont like it that much.The heavy rain,well it's heavy.It fall to the sky in one big pile of water accompanied by thunders and lightning.It wets the land right away leaving no trace of dry spots.As for the drizzle,it fall little by little,wetting the land slowly and delicately like a painter working on his masterpiece.It takes time but once it's done the contentment is overwhelming.The heavy rain darken the world right away leaving no space for lights causing fear to creep on.The thunders and lightning are not helping as well,with their sudden growling and those little glimpse of light before the world turn dark all over again.The drizzle on the other hands,didn't turn the world black but create a dull gray colour with just a little bit of gold here and there.

The reason why I don't like the heavy rain doesn't solely depends on the rain itself.The feelings and occurence that happened behind it are the main factors actually.Heavy rain brought out the anxiousness in me,the insecurity,the fear and the madness all combined in one rain.With all the emotions mixing,one is easily irritated causing a lot of fights occured.Just like that one time.

It was 2 in the morning.Loud thunders and strike of lightnings can be heard and seen continuously while the rain was falling heavily.I was shuffling in the couch in my living room.Anxious and scared.Jaebum never come back this late before.It wasn't the first time we had a fight but he always make sure to comeback before midnight.But now it's long past midnight already and he knew damn well that I couldn't sleep if he's not home.I went to the kitchen to make myself some coffee as I highly need it to stay awake when I heard the door click.I ran to the living room and there Jaebum at the door making his entrance gloriously.Gloriously my ,he was drenched and drunk.He barely managed to stand right even if he was holding to the shoe's shelf.I watched him as he tried to get his shoes off,fumbling with the shoe lace.He hasn't noticed that I was there and only when he was done with his shoes and trying to move into the living he spotted me."Ah it's you.What are you doing still up at this hour Jinyoungie"said Jaebum.I guessed he forgot about our fight already as he is calling me Jinyoungie.He never did that when we fight."Where have you been?It's 2 in the morning Jaebum what were you-""Nowhere jinyoungie,nowhere.I've gone nowhere""Well it doesn't look like nowhere for me."Silence fall as I waited for his answer but it seems like I'm not getting any with they way Jaebum close his eyes almost like he's asleep.If he's not standing in the hallway I would think that he was sleeping but hell I knew better it's those calm before the storms.His eyes fluttered open and there it is those dark eyes."I went to the club"he said coldly."Why""Had to get my mind off""From what"who I thought."From you""Why,what did I do wrong.Was it wrong for me to be mad at my boyfriend for kissing other people infront of me like I wasn't there.Was I?"I was fuming.Did Jaebum really thought it was cool to kiss Mark right infront of me.Yes we are friends,yes Jaebum love me but really what the hell was he thinking at that time.Did he really thought that I wouldn't feel not even the slightest jealousy just because it's Mark."God damnit Jinyoung aren't we over that already""Uh no Jaebum.If you remembered clearly you ing walk out before we even settled anything.Just like any ing time!"I shouted."Oh of course you wouldn't remember,you just got your mind off it didn't you."I spite at him."Park ing Jinyoung"Jaebum hissed."What"I asked him voice filled with anger I tried to suppress but obviously failing."Could you please not-""Not what"I know it irritate him if people cut him off and it's his final straw before he explode."DONT ING CUT ME OFF GOD ING DAMNIT PARK JINYOUNG"there it is,all his anger were finally leashed.I stayed silent as he continued."I knew I was wrong.I didn't mean to kiss Mark infront of everyone,infront of you.Well it,I dont even want to kiss him."Jaebum was sobbing."When I was kissing him I could only think of you.Your lips,your eyes,your eyelashes,your soft skin,hell i thought i was kissing you.And seeing your face afterwards broke me.I wanted to run after you but Mark was holding me and when I went home,I didn't even get the chance to explain to you as you were lashing at me.""You walk out on me""I didnt mean to baby,I swear to god."I almost ran to him at baby because hell he got me weak when he called me baby."My mind was a mess,I couldn't think straight,I didn't even realise I walked out on you.I'm sorry,I'm really sorry.I was wronged but you know how much I love you.How you meant the world to me.How you make my life a whole lot better.How you filled all the void in me that I didn't even know I had before.How-""Okay cut it off Im Jaebum.You cheesy bastard."I ran to him and our lips met.It wasn't anything special it's just like any other kisses with him just with some alcohol taste but somehow it makes all the anger dissipated all those fear,insecurities I never knew I had before slipping away as Jaebum kiss deepen confirming his love even more.We parted away panting as Jaebum whispered I love you in my ears before he's knocked out in my shoulder."Stupid"I said."I love you too,my stupid."

Yeah maybe that's why I dont literally hate on the heavy rain because I know Jaebum would be there at the end.

As for the drizzle,it's the total opposite of what heavy rain is.It brings calmness,happines and it makes me feel good.Furthermore,it seems like all my happy moments happened during those time.

I remembered clearly,it was 9 in the morning in one of those spring's day where the cherry is blossoming and the rain falling just slightly.Combination of the cherry and the rain causing the world to be painted pink and white streak giving out abstract feelings to anyone seeing it.With a duvet covering myself up till the chin I rolled to the side facing the window as I watched the rain dripping almost rhythmically sometimes hitting the window's pane."Where's Jaebum"I thought to myself.With a sighed I said "Did he leave already"before closing my eyes as I tried to focus on the sound the rain is making,slipping into sleep once again.I was woke up by a hand my hair softly,upon opening my eyes I saw Jaebum sitting at the edge of the bed staring at me with the fondest smile making my heart leaped at the image infront of me."Hey,you awake?"said Jaebum."Yeah"I replied while yawning causing Jaebum to chuckle."Come,I made breakfast"as he took my hands helping me getting out from the bed."It wasn't anything much but I hope you like it"said Jaebum as we entered the kitchen.If Jaebum definition of wasn't anything much means 5 different dishes then he's not kidding."Yeah right not anything much"rolling my eyes.Jaebum laughed lightly,"You look beautiful" said Jaebum as a flush of red creep on my cheeks."God Jaebum,don't be so cheesy,not at this hour at least"I said annoyingly contrast to the big grin plastered on my face.Jaebum chuckled as we sat down and I asked him when did he cook all this."While you were sleeping obviously""Oh.Why?""Nothing,just feel like pampering you today,haven't got the chance for ages since I was so busy with work"it's true that Jaebum had been very busy lately and the time for us to see each other had reduced a lot what more the time for him to pamper me."I took a leave today,so I'm all yours.Princess"I fake gag at that."Don't call me princess""Then,is baby cool with you""JB please"as I tried to hide my flushed face in the bowl of soup I was eating."Baby~"Jaebum coo before laughing loudly.I gave him an annoyed face and the next thing I know his face was already infront of me smiling fondly as he whispered "I love you,baby" before he pursed his lips on mine.After parting away,he had the biggest grin on his face that i swear to god I could almost saw sunshine coming from it."Eat up"he said as we eat in silence."What do you want to do today"Jaebum asked in between."Uhh-" I stared at the window and it's still raining so I said,"Let's just stay home.""Stay home?""Yeah,we can watch movie.... while cuddling"I said shyly.Jaebum smiled at the idea,"That sounds like a great idea".After eating we washed the dishes together,well more like spraying water at each other and it almost took us 1 hour before we finally finished.We settled down on the couch in the living room with me sitting in Jaebum's lap as he had his arm around my waist as the movie start playing.I played with his hands as we indulged ourselves in the movie.Indulged are an overstatement as instead of watching the movie we busied ourselves with each other with Jaebum constantly kissing the crown of my head causing me to squirm in his hold as he tightens his hold movie long forgotten.I had never been this happier this pampered all my life and the way how Jaebum hold me,kiss me,whispering words of love into my ears makes me overwhelmed with love with care that I had long search.As the movie ended we were already lying side by side looking at each other and for once I noticed how Jaebum's face had sunken making his already prominent jaw more obvious but his eyes was glittering and no sign of exhaustion can be found.I caressed his face slowly,remembering every single inch of his face as Jaebum's face relaxed with every touch I made.Jaebum watched me with those loving eyes and it almost makes me cry on how much love was conveyed just by those eyes."Jinyoung""Yes""Park Jinyoung""Im Jaebum""Will you marry me?".The world seems to stop at that time,all I can see is Im Jaebum lying in front of me sincerity all over his face as those words slipped through his mouth into my ears.My vision started to get blury as tears formed in my eyes,I couldn't help it,I had imagined this scene many times,Im Jaebum proposing to me but never not even once I imagined it with us lying on our couch.Yes it wasn't filled with fireworks,yes there's no flowers and ring but this,at this very moment it felt like the exact moment.With tears rolling down my cheeks I whispered,"Yes Im Jaebum,yes".And there Jaebum the love of my life,with the brightest smile in the world as he enveloped me with a kiss.The sweetest kind of kiss.

I smiled at the memory as I watched the rain slowly stopping as rays of sun peek upon the cloud.It was 1 year ago that Im Jaebum finally take my hand as his husband and everytime I think of the time he proposed to me,it always feel right and no other proposal would be as right as that one.My daydream is interupted by the sounds of Jaebum screaming my name and when I went to the kitchen there he is crouching near the table trying to get our son Youngjae to eat his breakfast.I smiled at the both of them and mockingly said "Yes honey~".

The End.