final

Sad Forever

Both of us weren't close because we weren't blood related, we were step brothers. Our parents died 3 days after they got married and it was now his turn? As I walk pass the people who were dress in black, they would either say 'I am really sorry for the loss' or 'Without him, you must live on and continue life.' I just walk pass the crowd, ignoring them. No matter what they say, I know I will not be able to forget him... forget the love I had for him... I walked towards the lifeless body laying in the coffin, ready to be buried. I kneeled down and held his hands, trying to feel its warmth, but I could only feel the cold skin. Key... Why did you go? Do you know how much I love you? As tears start to form at the corner of my eyes, I brush away the few strands of blonde hair that was on his forehead. I close my eyes and slowly... started to remember the things that happened before his death...

 

May 14th---

"Hyung, What are you doing? Let go! Let me sleep!" Key exclaimed as I wrapped my arms around his waist, literally dragging him out of bed. "You need to eat breakfast, we need to visit Mum and Dad later!" I shouted. I then realised what I had said and stopped walking to the kitchen with Key in my arms. Key also stopped struggling and his hands fell to his sides. I let him down oh the floor and turn him around. His eyes were filled with tears. "H-hyung... I m-miss them," Key said as tears streamed down his cheeks. "Me too." I said and wiped away his tears, pulled him into a hug and let him cry on my chest. How I wish I could take the pain away from him.

 

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I held his cold hands tightly in my mine. Key... Key... Key... Why do you have to go? I haven't showed you some of mother's photos before she married your father...

 

September 23---

"Hyung, its my birthday! Where is my present?" Key said and smiled at me while we were watching the television on the couch. "Ah... I forgot!" I said jokingly while giving him a shock expression. "Oh..." His smile faded away and his expression became a sad one. When he was about to turn away, I stopped and hugged him. "You actually took it for real? It was a joke," I released the hug and reached for the the small box I hid in my drawers. I passed him the box and immediately, his face lit up. He opened the box and saw a bracelet. 'Diva Key<3' was engraved in it. "Thanks Hyung! But I won't forgive you if you joke about these things again," he said and pouted. I could not help but pinch his cheeks and hug him.

 

 I laid my head on his stomach and sobbed sorrowfully, not caring if anybody was watching me. Key... Come back.... I want to celebrate more birthdays with you.. I want to joke with you again... How I wish I could go back in time... I want his warmth again...

 

November 12---

"Hyung... I have something to say to you... Can we talk?" Key said as he knock on my bedroom door. "Come in," I said loudly. "Is something bothering you?" I signalled him to sit beside me before asking. "Hyung... I love you," Key said as he lowered his head. "Of course I love you too!" I replied. "No... Hyung... Not as a brother... As a man..." Key whispered the last 3 words. I was shock. I knew we had gotten closer but not to this extend. "K-Key... You m-must have gotten it wrong... We are brothers..." I said, tears forming. "So what if we are brothers?! Can't I love you? We are not even related by blood!" Key raised his head and replied, irritated by what I said. "Key... we are brothers... Brothers are not supposed to love each other as lovers..." I said. "Just tell me that you are disgusted by me! You don't need to give me reasons!" Key said and ran out of my room. I could only stare at the door, confused, scared, shocked and guilty...

 

I close my eyes tightly as a horrible headache came. But now all I could think of is how I wish that time I had replied with a 'I Love You' and return his love even though it was wrong... How I wish I could have kept him right by my side... How I wish we could love each other forever... How I wish he was still here... How I wish I had notice my feelings for him sooner... Key...

 

November 15---

It has been 3 days since Key left the house. I thought he wanted to clear his mind but it was taking him too long. I wore my shoes and wore my coat. I went out of the house and to my car. When I was driving around the neighborhood finding Key, someone called my phone.

"Hello?" I answered the call, eyes still scanning the sidewalks.

"Is this Lee Jinki?" The other line ask.

"Yes. Who is this?"

"This is a call made form Korea Health Hospital. Your brother, Kim Kibum got knock down by a car and is currently undergoing a surgery. We hope that you can come here this instant." When I heard what the nurse had said, I dropped the phone.

Tears started forming at the corner of my eyes as I sped down the road, heading towards the hospital. When I arrived, I went to the counter. "May I ask where the surgery for Kim Kibum is on which floor?" I asked. She typed a few things in the computer and turned to me. "It is at Level 5, the Emergency Operation Room 3." She said and pointed towards the lift. I muttered a 'thanks' before running to the elevator. I waited but it was taking too long for the elevator to come so I decided to take the stairs. I ran up the stairs with all my might. But I fell at the 2nd flight of stairs. I sprained my ankle and tried to stand up. But it was hurting too much... 'I am so useless... Key... wait for me...' I pushed myself off the ground and limped up the remaining steps. A few drops of tears ran down my cheeks. When I opened the doors and limped out towards the operation room, the doctor came out. "Excuse me! I am Lee Jinki! May I know what happened?" I  asked as I stood up and limped towards the doctor drying my tears. "I am sorry to say this... He did not make it through... When the operation ended, his heartbeat started slowing down. We tried ways to save him but... His heart stopped beating. We are very sorry." The doctor said and walked away. Finally my legs gave way and I fell on the ground... "KEY!!!! KEY!!! WHY DID YOU GO???!!! I'm Sorry..." I shouted at myself... Why did he leave me... Since there were nobody on the 5th floor... I couldn't care less... I wanted Kim Kibum... I want Key so much... "Saranghae..." I muttered over and over again. I didn't dare to see the lifeless body of Key. I could only sob in my own room, hoping that Key would come in and throw his arms around me, asking if I was okay. But it won't happen no matter how I pray... He won't hug me... He give a good morning kiss on my cheek... He won't make chicken rice for me when I am hungry... Ever again.

 

The headache became worse and my breathing became weak. I opened my eyes and saw a blurry white figure smiling at me. "Hyung... I came to get you," That voice... That voice that I wanted to hear so much... Key. I smiled back. I reached out my hands as if I was trying to touch him. But I was too weak. My hand fell on my lap. I didn't want to close my eyes since Key was in front of me. "Close your eyes, Hyung. When you open them again, we will be able to see Appa and Umma. We can be together... as lovers." Key said and smiled. I love how he said 'as lovers'. I slowly close my eyes and said goodbye to the world. Key... See you again.

 

 

 

A/N: Should I write a sequel? Please answer me by commenting... Subscribe!~~~ Love ya, readers!