One Shot

Pudding Wars

“Hello?” You answered softly, just above a whisper as your eyes lazily scanned the room to see if anyone had seen you pulled the vibrating rectangle from your pocket and held it to your ear. But no one bothered to look towards your direction as they stared towards the front of the lecture hall, struggling to remain awake, just as you, as the professor continued his lengthiest speech on turbines and its precise electrical properties. Returning your gaze towards the notebook currently balancing on your knees and the unfinished doodles in the middle of the page--a rapid inhaling and exhaling of air tingled your hearing as you said once more. “Heeelllooo….Not going to say a word, huh?” You asked, twirling the pen between your fingers and tilting your head to admire your artwork. Scrunching your nose, you continued, “I have to admit that listening to your breathing is extremely interesting right now. But I am still in a predicament of if to add wings to this penguin or not. So yeah, I have better things to do.”  Silence. Tick tock. Tick tock.

And then you heard a voice, gasping. “Babe….dont hang up.” Immediately, your eyebrows creased together as you sat up straight and dropped the pen lightly on your desk. “Jungkook?” you asked, pulling your attention away from the notebook still on your knees and towards the gasping voice of your boyfriend at the other end of the phone. “Why are you out of breath? I thought dance practice was cancelled today because of your last minute schedule.” Running your fingertips along the cold edges of the phone, you pursed your lips and waited for him to catch his breath. “I was hanging from the ceiling, then I had to run from Jimin hyung. You know how he gets when I . I’m sorry, babe. I hope I am not interrupting your class.” He replied, as a sound of him dragging something could be heard over the faint electronic beat echoing in the background. “No no no, its fine. I lost interest in what Mr Boring had to say ages ago. Everything is in my notes anyways. I don’t see why he feels the need to repeat it.” You said, leaning back against the metallic chair as your eyes wandered around the hall lazily. Some people were actually sleeping whilst others were playing games. Returning your attention to the voice on the phone, you inquired. “So tell me..what did you do to Jimin for him to chase you and for you to feel the need to hang from the ceiling.”

“I didn’t do anything. I just called him short and his hair.” Jungkook chuckled as you shook your head lightly. “And let me guess, you held on to the beam above the room and he couldn’t reach you?” You breathed out, a faint smile on your cheeks as the image of dangling Jungkook from the ceiling and a furious Jimin pacing below, preferably waving his cute arms about flashed before your eyes. “Ah, babe..you should have seen his face. He was so mad! But his cheeks were all flustered and he got all pouty. It was cute!” You heard the enjoyment in his voice as his breathing returned to normal. But before you could reply, Mr Boring decided it was the perfect time to start asking questions. Without a backward glance, you dropped the phone into your lap and quickly send a message. Sorry. Speak to you later, okay. You snorted lightly as everyone was startled back to full functionality as the lecture progressed. Just one more class and you could be free.

It wasn’t however until three hours after, that you nonchalantly strolled towards the door of your apartment, pushed the keys into the lock and opened the door. And it hit you—straight in the face and rippled through your body like tiny shockwaves—pulling and tugging at the tips of your nerve strands as the bass vibrated off the walls. You didn’t even have to focus on the sound to know exactly what it was. He had watched this movie so many times that you could probably recite the lines of each character in your sleep. Removing your sneakers and walking into the tiny living room, you saw the outline of Jungkook on the couch as you walked towards your bedroom, returning his excited hello as his eyes never left the screen.
 

You could never understood the appeal of that movie and how he could watch it several times a month. But seeing that you have done the same with your favourite movie and he had sat through almost every session with you, without complaining. You made a mental note to do the same for him. Running your cold hand over the back of your neck, your feet were almost to the door when a faint whiff of bittersweet caught your nostrils, and your feet came to a halt. Oh no, he did not! Dropping your bag right on the spot, you turned and walked towards him. Sitting on the couch, his back against the soft, fluffy cushion with his keen eyes glued to the screen in front of him. Running your eyes over the full length of his body, from the puzzled look in his eyes when you stopped directly in front of the television to the muscular bulge in his thighs through his sweatpants to the curling of his toes. But none of that mattered to you as your eyes came to rest on the small container he currently held in his hand. You took slow deep breaths as you glanced upwards from the small cup, before glaring at a now surprised Jungkook who looked rapidly from your narrowed eyes to the almost empty plastic cup in his hand. “Ahhh..” Was the only sound to escape his lips as a smug grin pulled at his handsome façade.
 

“Did you want this babe?” He asked, a light smirk pulling at the edges of his lips as he looked at you, before leaning back against the soft cushion. “Should have hidden it better then.” Jungkook grinned before proceeding to dip the small spoon into the rich dark liquid. “Hajima..[Don’t do it]..” Slipped passed your gritted teeth as he shook his head—slowly—side to side before parting his lips and gliding the spoon through the soft pink flesh and lapping up the drops with the tip of his faint pink er. With his playful irises never leaving yours, Jungkook along the edges of his lips before exhaling. “Ah, that was delicious.” A surge of energy rushed through your tired limbs as you suddenly lunged forward, missing the cup by an inch as Jungkook scrambled to his feet. Falling forward onto the same spot he was sitting in just mere seconds ago, a small growl squeezed itself from the back of your throat as you pushed yourself from the couch and turned towards him once more.

“I will get you for this!” You exclaimed, wriggling your fingers. “That was my favourite pudding and the last one too.” A flash of excitement slithered across your eyes and warmed your features as you moved closer to where he stood. “You will pay for eating the love of my life. Better pray for yours, Jeon Jungkook.” You threatened sweetly as your legs inched closer towards his taller, bigger retreating frame. A loud chuckle could be heard above the faint conversations currently taking place on the television screen as Jungkook’s back hit the wall and you stood looking up into his playful, excited eyes. “I am not afraid of you, miss short y legs.” He snickered as his black orbs scanned down the front of your body to your toes. Something flashed before his orbs just as you gently raised up on your tiptoes and angled your head upwards to stare him in the eyes. “Well you should be. I am deadly with these fingers.” You whispered, as you continued to wriggle your fingers at him.

Another playful grin crept to his cheeks just as you moved your hands forward and lightly his sides, wriggling your fingers as you move your hands up and down. A small vibration rippled through his body and graced your fingertips as a low rumble could be heard from his chest before he threw his head back and laughed—a sweet, joyful sound from the bottom of his belly. You continued to tease his side softly, digging your fingers into the warmth of his stomach as his eyes were firmly shut now. Small droplets of tears evident on his long lashes as his hands s their way around your waist before his body stooped forward and before you could comprehend what was happening, you felt your body being hoisted up into the air as your feet left the ground. A small shriek escaped your parted lips as Jungkook wrapped his arms around your thighs before resting your stomach on his shoulders. “Now let’s see how deadly these fingers are sweetheart.” Jungkook breathed out in between gasps, as he tapped your before sauntering off towards the bedroom. You didn’t have time to protest or struggle as you watched the television screen drifted away and the walls of your bedroom appeared.

Your breath caught in your chest as he released his grip on your and continued to slide the full length of your body down his. An arch pulled at his eyebrows as he placed his palm lightly on your stomach before pushing you backwards and onto the bed. But before you could protest, before you could rise up on your elbows and glare at him for using his strength against you. The spirited masculine specimen before you leapt up onto the bed as he trapped your body underneath his, using his legs to render you motionless as he sat lightly on your thighs. Even in the rapid succession of events, you failed to notice that he somehow still managed to have the plastic pudding container in his other hand. It was however too late when you felt something cold on your cheeks and Jungkook staring into your eyes, his now darkened orbs glistened with mischief and lust. Wriggling your upper body, and using your hands, you grabbed the laughing hunk of flesh and pulled him forward until his nose was touching yours. “I am in no mood to play with you tonight, Jeon Jungkook.” You whispered, barely above an octave as your heart trembled beneath his piercing gaze. Without moving his head, with his breath caught in his throat, Jungkook smiled lightly as his hand slowly travelled up your sides, lingering slightly over your fingers, your arms before running over your collar bones and towards your chin.

With his cold fingers caressing the warmth flesh around your neck, Jungkook pressed his finger against your chin and tilting it up gently and against the wetness of your lips, he said. “And what if that isn’t what I wanted?” His breath hot on your face as his lips barely touched yours. You caught a faint whiff of the dark chocolate of the pudding on his breath as it encircled you and entrapped your senses. “What if I want to make you into a mess? What if I want to take your breath again? What if I want to play with you?” His voice dripping with honey as he continued, his hand on your chin and another rubbing the cold dark liquid in a straight line from your cheeks and slowly down the curve of your neck. You felt your strength slipping away as you sank further into the bed and his cold finger continued marking a path down the front of your chest.

Time felt immemorial before you felt his breath moved away from your lips and towards the tantalizing dip in your neck, now moistened with the dark sweet sticky pudding. You felt your heart quickened, your breathing slowed and your senses heightened as you wait for the sensation of warmth against your cold skin and the flickers of his teeth against your throbbing neckline. But it never came, instead the pressure was released and a heavy sigh could be heard. Opening your eyes, your widen orbs came to rest on the upright position of your boyfriend as he pressed the object to his ear. Jungkook listened intently for a minute before he asked quietly, “Now hyung?” A crease appeared between his eyebrows as his darkened orbs got lighter and a seriousness was now etched on his handsome features. “Ah, I understand. I am on my way.” He mumbled before hanging up.

At those last words, you felt your heart sank. But there was nothing that could be done. He had to leave. So instead of letting him see the disappointment on your face, you lift your body off the bed and held his face between your hands. “You have to go. This is important to you and you are needed. So we can finish this when you return. Plus if you stay here, you will be worried and that doesn’t make sense now…does it?” Smiling light, you moved forward slightly and pressed your lips against his cheeks. “Work hard as always. I know you’ll do great. I believe in you, Jungkook.” And with those last words, you pushed him gently from the bed and watched as his towering frame disappeared through your bedroom door.