Chapter 4

Seven Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter




Tuesday : PM

 

 

"I have never seen you dance like that before."

"–but we used to be partners a month ago."

"But I barely know you back then and I was focused with my own moves as well." Hyungwon retorts, crossing his arms as he leans against his chair, staring at the younger male opposite to him. They were currently at the school cafeteria after Changkyun insisted of buying them lunch.

"Did I impress you, sunbae?" Changkyun asked a moment after between them, propping an elbow on the table and leaning his head on his hand.

"Well, you did more than great." Hyungwon simply replies. He notices Changkyun's face contorted into an expression as if it wasn't the answer he was hoping to hear. "It was really impressive." The older male says eventually, flashing the younger male a smile. He noticed how quick his compliment changes the expression on the younger male's face, from a small frown into a smile.

Weird, he thought.

Silence then came shortly.

Hyungwon sighs mentally. Of course, there's still awkwardness between the two of them. Stealing quick glances at the male in front of him, his gaze went past behind Changkyun and landed at the table next to theirs, where he spotted, probably a couple being lovey-dovey with each other. It suddenly hit him once again.

Changkyun noticed Hyungwon and glanced over to where the older male was staring at.

"Are we," He started, uneasiness evident on his voice. "By any chance, dating now?"

Hyungwon expected a quick response but Changkyun only stared at him for a couple of seconds. It lasted for a short while before the younger male answered back with a short and simple, "Yes, sunbae."

"I see." Hyungwon nodded minutely.

"You asked me out yesterday, didn't you?" Changkyun stared at him. There was a tone in his voice that Hyungwon couldn't pinpoint.

Hyungwon nodded once again.

Then came another thread of silence once again until the older male clasped his hands and looked at Changkyun with a bright smile plastered on his face.

"I guess I will just do my best to enjoy it, then." He said, before he slowly stood up from his chair, looking down at the younger male. "Let's go."

Changkyun looked up at him and stared confusedly. "Huh?"

"It's already Tuesday. One week will go by in a flash before we knew it. We have to make every moment counts." Hyungwon said before all of a sudden, he grabbed Changkyun's hand, pulling the younger male up from his chair. Changkyun let out a small surprised yelp when the older male started to drag him out of the cafeteria. "I have to use my time wisely."

"Where are we going, sunbae? What about our afternoon classes?" Changkyun asks worriedly.

Hyungwon suddenly makes a quick stop and Changkyun bumped into his chest.

"We're going out on a date, Changkyun-a."

Changkyun blinked and before he could even have the time to react, Hyungwon began to pull him along the hallway once again.

 

 

 

They made it past the school gates without the guards noticing them. It was Hyungwon's first time skipping classes and he was honestly nervous about it, but he tried not to show it to the younger male.

Throughout the bus ride, Changkyun didn't utter a word. Hyungwon tried to ignore it, convincing himself that maybe the younger male just finds their situation awkward since they weren't even the closest of friends to begin with. The silence dragged on until they hopped down the bus. Hyungwon didn't really imagine his first date to be like this.

Yes, his first date.

Hyungwon sighed. He was already starting to get impatient with the deafening silence between them.

"Are you really that worried about the afternoon classes?" He frowns deeply. "Look," he sighs. "It's my first time skipping classes too. You don't have to be so worried about it. We're together with this." But Changkyun continued to say nothing and didn't even look up at him. Hyungwon grumbles.

"It isn't supposed to be like this." Changkyun then suddenly spoke up.

"What?"

"This...date."

"What do you mean?" Hyungwon frowns deeper. "Wait," the older male looks at the younger male, curiously. "Are you more worried about this date?" He chuckles surprisingly. "Isn't a date a standard part of being together?"

"Standard?"

The older male chuckles at the younger male again. Seeing how Changkyun stares back at him like a lost child, makes the irritation in him go away. He now started to question himself why he was even feeling irritated in the first place.

Has he never been into any dates before? Hyungwon shakes his head, laughing incredulously at himself. That's ridiculous. He has been into countless relationships already.

"Let's just go, Changkyun. I'm starving." He reaches out to touch the younger male's hand but Changkyun moves away.

"Are you joking with me?" There was a sudden sharpness in Changkyun's voice and Hyungwon blinks. But as if it was nothing, the older male only shrug it off.

"Aish! What's with you? Come on!" And for the second time that day, Hyungwon drags the younger male along with him.

 

 

 

It didn't change anything and Changkyun just continued to be mute even until they entered a small bubble tea shop.

"Don't you like your bubble tea? You've been really quiet."

Changkyun shakes his head. "It's not that." He said.

Hyungwon had enough, and he lets out a deep long heavy sigh. "Stop it already." He says, frowning at the younger male. He was obviously displeased of what their supposed to be first d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter