Thirteen

Crooked

Fact: Crows have the superstition of leading whoever sets their eyes upon them, to their grave.

~

 

Someone save me

Save me please

Where am I going..?

 

 

 

 

Youngjae felt the van shake as they hit a bump in the road. He fell off the steel chair and collapsed onto the cold, taunting floor. The crow choked on his own blood dribbling out of his split lips, oozing through the rusting cracks of the ground. “Yah! Don’t ing die on us, Helper of Death!”

 

I am not…

 

He laughed bitterly to himself, mindlessly wondering how he ended up in a van for crazy fugitives. And to be taken straight to jail—what did he do? Did he walk the wrong way? NoI didn’t. Youngjae rolled his eyes, spitting out the disgusting fluid and staring at the blurry ceiling.

 

They were just some racist bastards—all of them.

 

They screamed at him, voicing out their anger at the boy who simply got off on the wrong stop.

 

 

“A crow!”

“It’s those dirty fiends again!”

“Their taking over again!”

“We have seen him! We are going to die!!”

 

 

It was against his morals to kill a man—hybrid or humanwithout reason. So of course the crow let him be beaten and taken away… And that’s how he is here now.

 

But Youngjae was now starting to regret it all…

 

He rolled around, using his trembling knees to lift himself up with little balance and settle back onto the chair. His skin was burning—it felt as if he was on fire—the coldness brought him minor peace to both mind and body. Head lolling back, his vision swirled with multiple assortments of color, the main shade being a very distinct grey that danced around in the air innocently.

 

The faintest touch to his wings brought out an ear-piercing shriek from his small frame, vibrating the van whole. More ebony feathers fluttered in his growing self puddle of blood, causing ripples in the dull red that mocked him. A of the gun made him flinch, “I will end your goddamn life—ing Death Bringer!”

 

Youngjae turned away, looking out the barred window that showing the dust flying in the air behind them. Ah… where are we going?

~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My own cellmates are afraid of me, Youngjae thought smugly as the sea of faces continued to blanch. He was surrounded by fat guards who looked like they never heard of running. Especially by their way of walking that rivaled a penguin’s waddling. Yeah, that’s not normal—but he was laughing on the inside.

 

He was pushed into an isolated cell, made just for him, with other rooming quarters around him. Youngjae was glad, he had a very hard time dealing with people. It gave the poor boy major anxiety and always caused him to fall into an attack, including being in confined spaces with them.

 

At least he can kind of deal with the small space.

 

The door slammed shut, multiple clicks informing him of how heavy the watch was on him. Just because I’m a crow filled with superstition. His calloused hands rubbed his reddened wrists, eyeing the area he was forced in before rolling his eyes. “Ratatoskr is surely disappointed with me.” He mumbled, falling onto the hard bed with a wince on his soft belly and huffing.

 

It was nothing compared to the ing torture of his wings.

Damn, those human and hybrid bastards ripped his feathers piece by piece with the happiest grins.

 

Pain shot up both limbs, a clear reminder of the horror.

 

It was eight o’ clock. Youngjae had read the time while being guided to his place. So, he missed the revolting dinner—and the bird is sure they will be racist here and give him roadkill.

 

He’d make sure to scare them for good.

He’ll give them a true reason to fear the crows.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You know what’s funny?

 

Youngjae only stayed for a single day—before being freed by someone who screamed comfort.

~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Code Black! We have a Code Black! Everyone, be on the lookout for—ACKStatic flooded the halls where all speakers were attached into the walls. It was abruptly cut off. Then panic ensured from everyone else. Officers ran about the railings, guns clicking and buttons being pressed to unlock the prison doors. Youngjae sat up from his bed and attempted to open the door.

 

It didn’t budge.

 

"No….”

 

People in different colored jumpsuits scrambled out their cells, not sparing the only closed door a glance. The crow banged his fists on the small window, calling out for help. Some hybrids stopped for a moment before blanching instantly, running at an even faster pace. “Help me!”

 

You’re a crow.

Why would anyone help a crow?

Just looking at you means the man of four wings is coming.

 

Youngjae’s fists weakened on the spot, sliding down the door hopelessly and he turned away, gritting his teeth in fury. “I don’t want to die…” He whispered weakly, moving away from the only escape route and sitting on the bed. He had already claimed it as his death bed—oh the irony.

 

A very obvious dent against the thick door appeared in the shape of a fist. “. I thought I was stronger. These lunches really are packed with those weakening pills!” There was a cheerful voice at the other side. Youngjae looked up, eyes wide when another dent came to as a boot. “Heyah! I’mma getcha out, okay? Gimmie a second, little birdie!”

 

Little birdie…

 

Ratatoskr?

 

“If you’re near the door, back away~” It didn’t give anyone time to be physically possible to move an inch, since the door was suddenly flying right past Youngjae with a loud bam! In a black jumpsuit half ped was a man with one of the prettiest faces Youngjae has ever seen. And he was quickly flashed with a bunny like smile coming out of thin lips.

 

“Wahhh! So cute! You look just like a doll! –Ahem. Sorry, sorry. My name is Kim Himchan. You?”

"Uhhhh—Y-Yoo Youngjae.”

 

The man nodded happily, that grin softening to curled lips, “So, I did my job. I think Zelo is supposed to—“ Someone else entered the room by passing through the walls like a ghost. Hair flattened to cover his eyes that could be seen as bottomless with no sparkle in the orbs.

 

“Yah! Scared your hyung!”

“Himchan-hyung.” He spoke in a low voice that was akin to a possessive snarl.

 

“Oh? I see. How about I inform the Leader?” Lightly flopped dog ears twitched, “Thank you, hyung. I’ll be gone at the most—one month.” It didn’t seem to bother the pretty elder, “That can be arranged. But if he calls back for youthen you better ing come back.

 

“I will. I need to make our bond before asking him.”

 

Youngjae was only focused on the scary dog hybrid who seemed to have more than what he put on. The crow tilted his head in confusion, even more lost when those soulless eyes softened. Himchan pressed a finger to his temple, muttering in a completely different language before nodding to himself.

 

“Given orders to dispose of any person who knows. You’re free to go—he’s allowing the maximum to be three months. Zelo was also wondering if you wanted for him to check on the boy’s wounds—if he has any.”

 

“No. I’ll deal with it myself. I give them my thanks, though.”

“I see… Then, hyung sends you off, my sweet little baby! All grown upaish! I can remember when you were just in little diapers—“

 

The dog hybrid snarled at him in warning. Pink, dilated eyes stared right back him with a chilling giggle, “Do you think you can be rude to hyung? You know what happens when I am like this. So go already, you damn brat.” That canine had his shirt collar in his grasp, dragging the flightless bird to the wall and turning one last time to Himchan.

 

“Bye hyung.”

“Bye-bye, my child!”

~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Sir. I have traced my mate.” Daehyun said robotically, kneeling down and bowing his head. A pair of grey wolf ears appeared, then big red wings as the chair turned to face him. “Is that so? Position?”

 

“De-Matrix Attention Centre. Suit color is a dark purple.” The dark-haired elder hummed in understanding, petting the youngest who giggled happily, “He is in the same place as Himchan. We can start our ambush early then.” Zelo nuzzled into the crook of Yongguk’s neck, the skin mischievously.

 

Dull eyes widened just a fraction, “Sir. Do you not wonder why he’s…?” The dragon-hybrid smiled knowingly, “You may be a sub-classed tracker and assassin, but you need a few more years before having the possibility of beating me.”

 

“I see. Is our plan a go?”

 

 

 

“Yes. Zelo darling, get your supplies ready. We start at dawn.”

~

Kyaaaahhh! I literally did this in like, an hour. I had a different aspect of the chapter--but i quickly changed it since after some thinking, i realized that some things wouldnt connect like how i planned. SO there went seven pages of down the drain and this came out. And i did try to make this long. DUDE. IT was gonna be literally 2 pages. But i made it to 5. Somehow. :D Buh-Bye~ -Kitty

 

BTW- do you want this to be easier to read on mobile? Cause i was thinking about making the font a crud-ton larger since I literally NEVER get on here on my PC. Lol phone-user everyday! (Please tell me if u want it large or nahhhhh.  not. :Uy