S2:10

Fifty Shades of Pink Season 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The wait is unbearable. I really don’t know which is worse: Witnessing Ms Pink’s punishment or losing the right to be with her during the lashing. But I don’t have a choice in the matter so enduring my ignorance is what I have to do right now. Ms Pink had requested for a private chamber so that only four Feds would be present and it was granted. I know she wants to spare me the pain of watching but I really want to be there for her too. How I wish I could stand by her side and hold her hand.

Two hundred lashes. The methods of the Feds have not moved on with the times. Then again, it is hard to change old habits and we’re talking ancienthabits here. Cruel and inhumane. But these aren’t humans we’re dealing with. I really have to wrap my mind around this fact. I have to be able to deal with them on their terms if I am to have any chance at beating them one day. One day. Just as Ms Pink said.

X

“You are very special.”

It is Yaelhu who speaks to me as he slides onto the seat beside me. I’m not sure what he’s up to so I remain silent and wear a polite smile.

“You are human, yet you can easily stand amongst the likes of Kharne, Miras and Princess Pan Ni. And to be the object of Princess Pan Ni’s affections . . . tell me, what is it like to be you?”

“Difficult.”

Yaelhu tosses his head back and laughs. “Yes, yes. Of course. It can’t be easy. But to be you, a mere mite of a girl, to be able to command of these ancients. It is incredible.”

“I am just me.”

His dark eyes burn into mine but I refuse to look away. “You really don’t understand how much power you hold.”

“I don’t hold any power. Everyone here is stronger than I am.”

“Do you really think so?” His eyes flash with deeper meaning. “You know what’s going on. You know why nobody is attempting to kill you. Your act doesn’t fool me.”

“What are you rambling about now? Leave the poor girl alone,” says Ayers, taking a seat on the other side of me.

“Don’t you wish you were like her? Effortlessly commanding so much power in her hands.”

Ayers side eyes Yaelhu. “It can’t be easy to be in her position. And she is in grave danger all the time. All it takes is a tip of the scales and she will—”

“Aye, aye.” Yaelhu flicks his wrist at Ayers with contempt. “You’re a wimp. Afraid of everything. You worry too much.”

I tune them out and focus on the frightening bit mentioned by Ayers. All it takes is a tip of the scales? What scales? What will it take to tip it? And what’s going to happen to me when it tips? This is the problem with Ms Pink keeping too many secrets. After everything we’ve been through, I’ve only just learnt a little more about her beginnings and how she came to be. But there is a whole new world out there I have yet to learnt about. The world that Ms Pink works and plays in.

“What is stopping the scales from tipping over?” I ask.

“Greed. Blackmail. You know, the usual.” Ayers says it with a smile but my insides feel anything but happiness.

“So it’s like a stalemate situation?”

“You could put it that way. But if any side loses a player, things will change.”

“Lose a player?” I don’t quite understand.

“Like Olympias.”

“Oh.”

“That changed many things. We got a new Sovereign who is at loggerheads with Helene, which is good for us.”

Yaelhu nudges Ayers. “You’re talking too much now.”

But Ayers simply shrugs. “She’s human. And Princess Pan Ni already knows all these.”

“Wasn’t Olympias at loggerheads with Helene too?” I probe as subtly as I can.

Ayers snorts. “Olympias? No. They may hate each other but they would never kill each other. They’re the only four remaining ancients. Together they hold immense power.”

“But Kharne—” I begin to say but Ayers cuts me off.

“He’s the suspicious one. People think he’s all brawn and no brain but who knows if that was a shrewd move on his part to gain more power.”

“This—the politics is too much.” My mind is clogged with too many conspiracies and speculations.

Yaelhu shakes his head. “Welcome to the real world. Play the game, or be played.”

I am about to ask more about this game we’re playing when the doors slam open. I shoot to my feet and stare in horror at the bloodied body that Yuri and Miras are hauling.

“Ms Pink!”

She is unconscious.

“Ms Pink!” My tears are everywhere but I don’t care.

Yuri bends low and puts her lips right on my ear. “You better be worth it or I will kill you with my bare hands.” With that, she stalks away, leaving Ms Pink lying on the floor, a bloody mess.

“Sintix, some help here please,” Miras pleads and I can see that she is trembling slightly. I step aside to give Sintix space to wave his crystal wand over Ms Pink’s limp body and that’s when Charles walks into the hall, wielding a whip and leaving a trail of blood behind him.

A cry of rage bursts from within me and I launch myself at him, meaning to claw him to death but Kharne picks me up and holds me in the air.

“Stop your nonsense,” he roars, “or you will get the same punishment.”

“Kharne, she is upset. Put her down.” Edith’s calm voice soothes the commotion somewhat and Kharne does as he is told. But not before muttering a threat to separate my head from my body should I misbehave again.

“I am sorry. I know th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter