SKYE

The Coffee Club

April 1st - Friday

It's been over a week since I last went to the coffee shop. I seriously missed my hot chocolate and of course the very cute barista who always puts adorable messages on my cup. However today, he wasn't there. I find solace in that cozy coffee shop but without him around, it was not the same. I left after fifteen minutes and just walked. It was a beautiful day but I couldn't afford to waste a lot of time walking around doing nothing. On my way home, I saw Jin on the other side of the road hugging someone. A girl. 

I walked off before I could see how pretty she was.

 

April 2nd - Saturday

I spent the whole day catching up on work and when I got fed up with that, I finished reading J.R.R. Tolkien's The Silmarillion and quickly started on F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Beautiful and Damned. I kept thinking about Jin and that girl. I wished hard that she wasn't his girlfriend.

I received a text from Jungkook today telling me that he has found a girlfriend. He then pestered me about finding a boyfriend and reminding me that I was not getting any younger. Annoying little brother!

 

April 3rd - Sunday

Work, work, more work!

Burn-out alert!

I will make sure to visit the coffee shop tomorrow and talk to Jin. Some way, somehow I will find out if that girl is his girlfriend.

I just have to find out.

 

April 4th - Monday

I was in there for more than an hour but Jin was nowhere to be seen. Even his hyper friend was not there. I wanted to ask the manager about my favorite barista but I was afraid to come across as desperate or weird. 

Needless to say, I left with a heavy heart.

 

April 5th - Tuesday

I plucked up the courage to ask the manager for Jin. He explained that he now works the late shifts. He asked if I wanted to leave a message but I declined and said that I will come see him some other time. At least I found out that he still works there.

 

April 6th - Wednesday

I bumped into Jin's hyper friend at the bookstore during my lunch break. 

"Hey Skye! The girl who requires extra cream on her hot chocolate!" He greeted me cheerfully. He was just about to pay for the book Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. He chattered that the book is a birthday present for Jin as he has been reading those "feminine books" recently. Somehow I managed to ask him about the female companion Jin was hugging a few days ago. He clarified that the girl was his cousin and was not Jin's girlfriend. He was also with them at the time, I just did not notice.

I almost gave him a hug, I was that elated!

 

April 7th - Thursday

Hyper Hoseok advised me that Jin will be delighted to see me again. He joked that he has been pining for me. 

I went to the coffee shop at around eight. Immediately I saw Jin standing behind the counter, nibbling on a chocolate chip cookie- his favorite. As I walked in, Hoseok elbowed him on the side then pointed at me discreetly. Jin's eyes widened at the sight of me. I ordered the usual, hot chocolate with extra cream to-go. It was obvious that he did not expect to see me but to my disappointment, he did not strike up a conversation with me. The only thing he said to me was "goodnight" as I was leaving. Only until when I got home that I noticed the message written on my cup--

"Will you go out with me?"

 

April 8th - Friday

I went to the coffee shop at the same time at eight. Jin was standing behind the counter, chatting to hyper Hoseok. He smiled sweetly when he saw me. I swear he looks more and more good-looking every time I see him!

"The usual?" he asked me in a friendly tone. "Please. And may I borrow your pen?" He handed me a pen then turned around to make my drink. Hoseok had quietly disappeared somewhere in the back. "Hot chocolate with extra cream to-go." Jin grinned cutely. I took the cup from him and mumbled, "as for your message yesterday..." I handed the cup back to him where I scribbled the word "yes". 

 

-END-