JIN

The Coffee Club

March 1st - Tuesday

Today was a slow day at work. The whole six hours dragged and my legs are really aching right now as I didn't have time to sit down at all. To top it off, a kid threw up and I had to clean it. But of course if I want that promotion, I have to do everything with no complaints! All I know is that I can't drink coffee at home anymore as I drink enough of it at work! Anyway, better get some sleep. Another long shift tomorrow.

 

March 2nd - Wednesday

The most beautiful girl came in the coffee shop today. She ordered a hot chocolate with extra cream to-go but she sat down and drank it in the shop. She was there for about thirty minutes, pre-occupied with a book. I think it was Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. She is so beautiful! Long, brown hair; dark eyes, flawless skin and the prettiest name- Skye. I hope she comes in again. Maybe I'll talk to her. Maybe.

 

March 3rd - Thursday

My boss told me off for eating too much of the cookies. He said he'll take it out from my tips. Whatever- I'll still eat them. They should be free for staff anyway. He got so annoyed that he told me to move from the counter and clean up tables instead. I almost dropped a cup when Skye walked in. Hoseok served her and he told me that she ordered the same drink as yesterday. She didn't have a book with her today but she was busy typing on her laptop. I tried to see what she was typing but boss asked me to do some stuff in the back which took ages and by the time I came back out, she was gone. 

 

March 4th - Friday

3 days in a row: Skye came in at 3:30, ordered a hot chocolate, sat at the same table by the window, in plain sight of the counter and typed a lot on her laptop. I drew a smiley on her to-go cup but I don't think she noticed. She took off at around four and left behind a lipstick stained tissue. Hoseok snatched it away from me before i could put it in my pocket. He said that would be beyond creepy. Okay maybe. 

 

March 5th - Saturday

Why did I agree to do overtime today?! All day I was watching the door and waited for her to show up but she never came. I was going to ask her if she finished reading Wuthering Heights. Okay no, I was only planning on admiring her from afar as always. Day off tomorrow. 

But what if she comes to the coffee shop tomorrow?!

 

March 6th - Sunday

I walked past the coffee shop twice today. Once at 3:35 and again at 4:05. No sign of her. I wonder if I'll see her again.

 

March 7th - Monday

Boss asked me if I wanted to swap my shifts to evenings until closing time. He said my answer will not affect my promotion so I said I will think about it. At 3:36, Skye walked in carrying a different book. It was To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. She stayed for a full hour today and I almost approached her but I got too shy. 

 

March 8th - Tuesday

I wrote "have a nice day!" on her cup today but I don't think she understood my ugly handwriting. Hoseok spoke to her about the weather while he was tidying up the table next to hers and I got so jealous that I didn't give him his tips today. She's halfway through reading her book and I wonder how many books she has read.

 

March 9th - Wednesday

Her usual table was taken today and so were the rest of the tables when she came in. Unfortunately she didn't stay but I wrote "that must be a good book" on her cup. She read it as she was leaving and then she looked back at me and gave me the sweetest smile. Hoseok told me that maybe I should write down my number next time

 

March 10th - Thursday

We spoke a lot today! Okay maybe that's an exaggeration. She ordered a cappuccino to-go instead of a hot chocolate so I said, "not hot chocolate today?" to which she replied, "I need something stronger." My hand was shaking as I was making her drink and Hoseok noticed. "Stay cool." he whispered to me. Skye had sat down and was busy straight away with her laptop so I wrote "you have a cute smile" on her cup. I waited until she saw it and when she eventually did, her cheeks turned bright red and she was grinning until she left. I think I might be getting somewhere!

 

March 11th - Friday

I was cleaning tables when she came in today and Hoseok had the pleasure of serving her. He said she ordered green tea to-go. Busy again with her laptop today, I wanted to ask her if she has finished reading that book about the bird. But it got so busy that I had to help behind the counter and the next time I caught sight of her was when she was leaving. 

I dread the weekend- I'm not going to see her!

 

March 12th - Saturday

I went to the bookstore today and purchased a copy of Wuthering Heights and To Kill A Mockingbird. I started to read them but after a few pages each, I fell asleep. It's going to take me a good few month to finish these two books. 

 

March 13th - Sunday

Hoseok was very confused when he saw the books in my living room. He said that they are not comic books so why am I reading them. He invited me to a party next weekend and he wants to introduce me to his cousin. I declined kindly and expressed that I am interested in someone else as of now. He knew that I was talking about Skye and what he announced made me panic. 

"You haven't seen her engagement ring?!"

 

March 14th - Monday

As soon as I saw Skye, I wanted to check if she actually had a ring on her finger. Up until she sat down, she was wearing gloves so I had to wait until she took them off. To my relief, she didn't have an engagement ring. I fell for another one of Hoseok's stupid jokes. I was staring at her so much that I dropped the tray full of empty cups that i was carrying. Hoseok almost died of laughter behind the counter. I made so much cluttering noise that she looked up from the new book she's reading. Now its The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien. I need to buy that too. 

 

March 15th - Tuesday

Skye came in today later than usual- twenty minutes before my shift was finishing. I didn't want to leave before her so i stayed for another hour while she was there. Boss told me that I'm not getting any extra pay for that overtime. I don't mind since we spoke again today. We left at the same time and I got to open the door for her. She said "thank you Jin..." and I replied with a very quick "you are welcome". I wondered how she knew my name but then I remembered that I wear a name badge. 

 

March 16h - Wednesday

I got caught eating cookies again and so I was removed from behind the counter just as Skye came in. I begged Hoseok to let me bring her order to her and he let me. I wrote "you look nice today" on her cup and I really hope she knew it was from me and not from Hoseok.

Next time I'll write my name. Maybe.

 

March 17th - Thursday

No sign of her today. I'm sad.

 

March 18th - Friday

No sign of her today either. I hope she's okay.

 

March 19th - Saturday

Hoseok and I went to Taehyung's party. It was alright. No big deal. Hoseok still introduced me to his cousin but she was more interested in Taehyung than me. I left early and read Wuthering Heights until I fell asleep.

 

March 20th - Sunday

I bought The Silmarillion book today plus a couple of comic books. I walked past the coffee shop at 3:45 just in case. 

She wasn't there.

 

March 21st - Monday

She came in at 3:30 today and ordered her usual hot chocolate to-go. I asked how her weekend was and she responded, "It was hectic!" She also ordered a chocolate chip cookie and I informed her that it was my favourite. She thanked me graciously when I brought it over for her.

She really is so beautiful!

 

March 22nd - Tuesday

It was pretty dead all day at the coffee shop. She didn't come in until 4:30 and she saw me reading Wuthering Heights in the corner. I was taking a not so well-deserved break then. She asked if I was liking the book and I responded too eagerly, "It's great!" She smiled and sat at her usual table where Hoseok brought her a latte. 

 

March 23rd - Wednesday

She greeted me "good afternoon" today and she even waved goodbye to me as she was leaving. Hoseok said that I might actually be getting somewhere. Tomorrow, I will give her my number and hope for the best.

 

March 24th - Thursday

At 3:30, I prepared a hot chocolate for her and then wrote my number on the cup and the message "Call me! -Jin"

I was going to tell her that the drink was on the house but unfortunately, she never showed up. 

 

March 25th - Friday

No sign of her again. Have I left it all too late? 

Hoseok told me not to worry and that he's positive that she'll show up again on Monday.

He also made me promise that I'll ask her out the next time I see her.

 

March 26th - Saturday

I spent all day reading Wuthering Heights but I just can't get into it.

It's the same with the bird book.

 

March 27th - Sunday

Boss rang me and inquired about swapping my shifs. I said I still haven't made my mind up but will give an answer next weekend. 

 

March 28th - Monday

I waited and waited. But nothing. 

Hoseok told me not to lose hope too quickly and that she might just be seriously busy.

 

March 29th - Tuesday

Hoseok said that he will change his shifts if I changed mine. I almost one hundred percent sure that I will be swapping since its been almost a week now since I last saw her. Maybe she found a different coffee shop? However there's still a part of me hoping she'll show up tomorrow.

 

March 30th - Wednesday

Still no Skye. 

Hoseok and I confirmed to our boss that we're both fine switching over to the evening shifts.

He said we'll start at six in the evening on Monday until closing.

 

March 31st - Thursday

Boss took me to the back office and questioned if something was bothering me. He pointed out that I'm not my usual self and that I seem very distracted. He even asked if I was having any girl trouble. I laughed half-heartedly. I informed him that I was just exhausted.

But yes, still no sign of her.

 

April 1st - Friday

Hoseok and I were given the day off today as a reward for agreeing on switching shifts. I couldn't simply stay at home so I went out and spend the day at the comic book store. I wondered what book is she reading now. Hoseok saw me outside and he was with his cousin. To my surprise, she jumped and hugged me tightly upon seeing me. Hoseok shrugged and so I just returned the hug. Hoseok being my best friend noticed that I was still miserable about the whole Skye situation. He said, "cheer up, everything will be okay!" to which I replied glumly,

"How could it be when I'm not going to see her again?"