Prologue

Far away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The lone wolf stood on the edge of the cliff, its silver fur rippling in the breeze, the high pale moon silhouetted in the dark midnight sky. There were scatterings of stars everywhere, and the wolf raised its muzzle, letting loose a long, loud, lingering howl, the high noise echoing over the treetops like a yacht on high seas.

The noise was strong and beautiful, but, like everything of any good worth, like life, it was brief. Soon if faded and the night was silent once more. 

Below him, the dark blue seas swirled around the rocks, its obsidian black-waved slicing through the crevasses. 

Behind him, the looming forest filled with strange dark creatures that nobody knew about.

What was he doing here? This was no place for a wolf, a Silver.

The wolf collapsed onto its paws, his muzzle resting on its forelegs as it keened quietly, mourning the loss of its brothers.

He was Banished.

Banished.

The wolf shuddered, the dreaded word echoing around its brain. Banished from the kingdom, sentenced to a certain death.

Everything was torn from him except his life, but without his brothers, his family, his kingdom, what was he?

What was he?

He turned and looked over his shoulder at the glittering buildings far away. Even fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter