Kai

Stupid Photoshoot

“This week your schedule is a bit tight, Ja Young. Don’t forget your vitamins and the diet program. We are counting days to the fashion show.” Her manager reminded her as they were in the van heading to C&C Enterprises.

“I know. So photoshoot for the bazaar and nike, CF for the gatorade brand and filming a short video campaign for the health department right?” Ja Young sipped her milk protein from the shake and looked at her manager at the front seat beside the driver.

“There’s one more actually. Photoshoot for dior korea this Friday. It’s a couple photoshoot so there will be a male model. He is…Kai, you know, the tanned guy from EXO.” Her manager read the paper on his hand. The moment she heard the name, she suddenly choked on her drink.

“This girl.” Her manager shooked his head and handed her tissue to wipe .

“K-Kai you said? That playboy- uhh I mean idol?” Ja Young widened her eyes after wiped .

“What’s with him? Ah and the theme that our client requested is y romantic. Both of you will be wearing their latest fall/winter clothes and accessories. Indoor photoshoot. This one is easy, I guess.” Her manager informed her.

“Alright.” She rolled her eyes, finished her milk.

--

I was not being a gossip girl but this guy, Kai is a total playboy. Well, for his fans and people who do not know his private life might think that he is one nice guy while the truth is the other way round. I heard from another models around that Kai loves to play around, sleep with different models and idols. He played with em hearts. Well, it is okay from me because this is just a photoshoot but still I feel uncomfortable about it especially when they wanted us to act like couple in love. You see, posing for a photo is not that easy. You have to deliver the message. You have to make people feel the photo. If this was just me, it would be easy but there was Kai, we had to work together.

So there I was, standing beside him with a smile on my face.

“Oh cmon, this is not what couple in love will do!” The photographer shouted on us.

“Park Ja Young, your smile is like cheap smile, a smile you will show to the postman, to the newspaper guy, to simply strangers, everyone but your boyfriend. You should’ve smiled like you’re the luckiest girl alive, like you are so into him.”

“Kai, touch her like you mean it. You are not high school couple taking a simple photo to be applied as your phone’s wallpaper.”

“Five minutes break.”

I sighed and let go of his arm. See? This is not easy, we had to build chemistry or the photographer would once again mad at us. Okay, relax Ja Young, brush away all your thought about Kai, you were being unprofesional just then. As the stylist fixed my hair and skirt, I drank the mineral water and took a deep breath. The moment I opened my eyes, I saw Kai was walking towards me. Just when he was in front of me, the stylist finished her work and left.

“Do you have a boyfriend?” He suddenly asked out of the blue.

“N-no. I don’t have one.” I shooked my head slowly, feeling slightly confused.

“Hanbin, is it his name?” He blurted. I guess he also saw the news on dispatch about me and Hanbin.

“He is not my boyfriend. And why bother asking Kai?” I raised my eyebrow to him.

“Then I don’t have to be sorry to anyone for what I will do later.” He smirks and walked away, leaving me still in total confused. Damn it, that guy. I was about to ask him when the photographer and the style director were on their position.

“We will try again now. Kai and Ja Young, go to your position. Let’s start from the first frame.” The sassy photographer announced.

“I want both y and cheerful. Cheerful for the outfit with the coat and red shawl you are wearing and y for the next dark outfit.”

That time the photoshoot session was totally different from before. Kai and I worked in sync. We had some good photos for this cheerful theme. I pulled his neck with my red shawl so our face were so close to the point where our noses were touching and for the final touch, we laughed together. I was imagining that he is my boyfriend, nice and good looking guy of mine.

I kept saying ‘I’m so into Kai, he is my boyfriend. He is good looking and I’m proud of him.’

Another good shot was when he backhugged me and we were smiling to each other. I could said that the photographer was satisfied. He did not yell anything at all.

“Nice! Keep up the chemistry, we are moving to the y concept.”

Kai and I walked separatedly to the dressing rooms with stylists bustling around, bringing the next outfit and the make up artists who were busy fixing our make up and changing the color of my lipstick. I was still wondering about Kai’s words. Was it about the back hug? Really?

“Good job, Jae Young. You looked lost on the first trial but I guess you are all fine now.” My manager approached me and handed me a bottle of orange juice.

“Yeah, one more outfit and we are done.” I nodded and let the make up artist putting bold eyeliner on my eyes. This last session better be good. I did not want to go home late.

 

Kai and I were ready to start again. I had some ideas in mind about the y concept but it was ruined when they wanted us to sit on the couch. Kai then sat first on the couch, he pulled my wrist so I was sitting on his lap, his arm then s to my stomach and held me firmly there.

“Sorry, partner.” He whispered to my ear and then smirked to the camera. I could feel my face heating up but trying to be calm and threw a bold emotion to the camera, the face of a girl who was saying ‘shut up , he’s mine’.

“Great! Now for the last frame, stand up. We won’t use the couch again.”

We nodded and stood up facing each other, ignoring the camera. Honestly, I was just thinking of some simple pose, like putting my hand to his shoulder, and looked to the camera or touched his chest and threw my head side ways, something like that but Kai surprised me.

“This is why I asked you if you have a boyfriend.” He whispered on my ear then brought me closer by grabbing my . I was speechless.

“That’s it, well done, Kai. Now, Ja Young where’s the girlfriend face? 3..2..1”

I was quickly putting my hands behind his neck and looked straight to his eyes, while he was smiling like a proud boyfriend. I could not believe that the photographer supported Kai, he was really happy about this pose.

“I’m sure this will be your best shot. This is what couple will do! So natural.” He checked the raw result on the Imac and nodded.

Dang it, Kai grabbed my and that was our best shot? And Kai had been planning this? I was left dumbfounded. Couple photoshoots I had done in the past were never like this. This one was so intens. Hugging I can tolerate, leaning body it’s normal but grabbing wow that was the first time.

“We will release this online perhaps next week? And the BTS will follow after the magazine version is out.” The director told us. Right, I almost forgot the behind the scene version, his fans would kill me. I sighed and was about to go to the dressing room when Kai told us that he would throw some kind of after party.

“Since this is my first time doing a high fashion photoshoot, I mean it’s Dior we’re talking about. A world wide fashion brand. So I’ll treat you all as my gratitude for helping me through the entire photoshoot.” He said with a smile. Pssh, I did not really care about it. I wanted to just go home than wasting my time in a restaurant with him and his smirk that I hate the most. It's y but I don't like it. Wait, what? No, that's not y, Ja Young. You idiot.

“You’re coming with me, Ja Young.” Kai approached me and smirked. If only I could wiped his smirk from his lips. It was so annoying.

“Why? It is not mandatory plus I’m on diet, dude.” I rolled my eyes and grabbed my purse.

“Because today you’re my girlfriend and I won’t take no as an answer.” He pulled my wrist. I was about to yank my wrist from his grasp when the director smiled to us.

“I’m so happy about the result. You two look good together. You’re coming with us right, Ja Young?”

“Y-yeah, sure of course.” I hesitantly nodded and faked a smile to the director. Pfft, look good together my a$$. I rolled my eyes and followed Kai.

“I’ll take her home after dinner, Mr. Jang.” He informed my manager before taking me to his car. As soon as we were inside his BMW, I threw a death glare to him.

“What are you trying to do, Kai?” Seriously, I got no idea.

“I’m taking everyone for dinner including you since you’re my partner for the photoshoot.” He calmly answered and the engine, started to drive away.

“Hanbin is- uhh I mean I’m tired and I want to go home, Kai.” I face palmed myself as I accidentaly blurted Hanbin’s name in front of him.

“Hanbin is what?” He raised his eyebrow and pulled over.

“Kai, I want to go home.” I looked away trying to ignore his question and his stare. The same stare he gave me six years ago. The same questioning look. The same cold and deep voice. The same guy only with different name.

“It’s Jong In for you Ja Young.” He sighed.

“Stop it Kai, we are done six years ago. We both agreed to never look back again.” I tried not to recall everything in the past. What we had in the past is no longer exist.

“Tell me what is your relationship with Hanbin and I’ll drive you to your condo.”

He asked me a question I could not tell him the answer. The words stuck in my tongue. Somehow, I wanted Kai not to know about my life, a new life I have been living without him.

Suddenly my phone rang, it was Hanbin calling me.

Crap.