Chapter 3

The Coffee Cup

Chapter 3

Wheein was an impatient soul. As soon as she got home that day, she texted Byulyi.

 

To: Moon Byulyi (café hottie)

 Hi, this is Jung Wheein from the café!

U know, the superhot girl lol

Anyway I’d like to meet sometime while ur not working!

Maybe u can buy me a cheesecake or two ;)

 

The reply from Byulyi was almost instantaneous.

 

From: Moon Byulyi (café hottie)

Sorry, still at work. I’ll text you when my shift is over.

 

Wheein sighed and threw herself down on her bed. What was she supposed to do until then? Her best friend and roommate had gone out shopping and wouldn’t be back for a while. Wheein and Hyejin were childhood friends, who had moved to Seoul from their hometown Jeonju together. Now they lived in a small apartment together, and attended the same university, although they had different majors. The apartment was small, but nice. The two friends shared a bedroom, and the kitchen and living room were really just one big room, but it all worked out nicely. They lived in a relatively nice neighborhood, and the rent wasn’t too high, so they couldn’t really complain.

Maybe Hyejin was on her way home and could entertain Wheein while she waited for a response from Byulyi?

 

To: Honey Candy

When r u home pls I’m bored

 

Once again, the reply came fast:

 

From: Honey Candy

i havent found the lipstick im looking for yet

ill be home when i find it

ttyl

 

Wheein sighed once again, and put her phone down. She’s never been this bored in her life. Except maybe in school during math class. She sighed for the third time in 5 minutes at the thought of school, and her laptop with the intent of writing on her essay on art history. Instead, she ended up falling asleep on her bed with old episodes of Pokémon playing on her computer. At some point she registered Hyejin coming home and throwing shopping bags on the other bed and then locking herself in the bathroom, but Wheein was still half asleep. She woke up with a start an hour later when her phone chimed loudly. With lightning speed she grabbed it and looked at the screen. Her face lit up when she saw that Byulyi had finally replied.

 

From: Moon Byulyi (café hottie)

Hello again! I just finished working!

 

To: Moon Byulyi (café hottie)

Hi again stranger ;)

So have u though about my suggestion?

 

From: Moon Byulyi (café hottie)

Haha yes I have! I don’t want to sound too forward, but do you want to meet tonight? We could have dinner together!

 

Wheein smiled. Byulyi may be a little forward, but she certainly didn’t mind.

 

To: Moon Byulyi (café hottie)

Sure! ;)

When and where do u wanna meet? And where r we going to eat?

 

From: Moon Byulyi (café hottie)

How about we meet in front of The Coffee Cup at 7? I’ll take you to a secret place that I really like J

 

Wheein quickly typed out a positive response and looked at the clock on her phone. It was 5 pm now, which means she still had some time to get ready for her date.

 

“Ahn Hyejin!” Wheein banged on the door of the bathroom that she shared with her best friend, “I can’t believe you’ve only been back from Jeonju for ONE DAY and you’ve spent half of it shopping and the other half on the toilet!”

“Wheein, can you please let a woman pee in peace?” came the muffled response from the other side of the door, “God, I should really get a new roomie. Someone who lets me take care of my business without out knocking on the door every two seconds, and buys me fried chicken. When was the last time you did that for me, Wheein? And you call yourself my best friend.”

Wheein huffed, but before she started cursing at her friend, she thought of something better.

“Hyejin-nim, if you please come out of the bathroom in the next 10 seconds, Wheeinie will buy you whatever food you want for a week.” She said in a cute, high-pitched voice. It was met with a second of silence, before the flushing of the toilet could be heard, and the door was ripped open. In front of Wheein stood Hyejin in all her nothing-but-a-shirt-and- glory, her pants had been discarded on the bathroom floor. Her blond hair and makeup was on point, as always, and she studied Wheein with suspicion.

“A whole week, you say?”

“Yes, Hyejin, a whole week. Now can you please move, I have a date and I need to get ready.”

At the word “date”, Hyejin perked up.

“You got yourself a date? With who? Is it that girl who checked you out at that café last week?”

“I told you she wasn’t checking me out.” Wheein smiled, “But yes, I have a dinner date with her. Her name is Moon Byulyi.”

“Cute.” Hyejin commented, “So, where are you going? Do you want to borrow one of my lipsticks? I bought a new one that would fit you.”

“I was actually going to ask you that, thanks!” Wheein said, and Hyejin went back into the bathroom to look for the lipstick.

“I don’t know where we’re going,” Wheein continued, “Byulyi said she wanted it was a secret place that she really likes.”

Hyejin popped her head through the door, eyes squinted suspiciously and a lipstick tube pointed at Wheein.

“Are you sure she’s not an axe murderer?” she said, with a serious voice.

“Hyejin!”

“What?” Hyejin crossed her arms, “I’m just saying, first date on a secret place? That sounds like something an axe murderer would do.”

“You’ve been watching too many criminal dramas.” Wheein sighed, “She’s not an axe murderer. Now can you please let me get ready?”

“Alright alright, jeez. I thought having a date is supposed to make you less stingy.” Hyejin handed Wheein a lipstick in a light pinkish-beige shade, and stepped out of the bathroom.

“Sorry.” Wheein said, feeling a bit bad “I guess I’m just nervous.”

Hyejin smiled reassuringly at her friend.

“It’ll go great, Wheein. You’re so cute this Moon Byulyi won’t have a choice but to fall in love with you.”

“Don’t call me cute. I’m not cute, I’m super cool.” Wheein pouted.

“Sure, whatever, sweetie.” Hyejin smirked.

“Now,” she said, and gave Wheein a smack on her cute , “fix yourself up and go get that girl, tiger.”

 

 

 

_______________________

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry I took so long to update this! I had a lot of school stuff to do these past weeks, and then I suffered from writer's block. Anyway, here's the third chapter, I hope you like it!

And thank you to everyone who subscirbed, read, commented, and upvoted!! It means a lot!!!