Us.

We Don't Talk Anymore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Did you just call me…’Joohyun’?” Irene asks, and that is pathetic, because she wishes she never asked.

 

Because Seulgi’s answer—oddly— makes her fall down into pieces.

 

“Sorry, I just get used to it.” The younger girl nonchalantly says. “Do you want to come in, or…are you leaving?”

 

Seulgi does not realise how the girl in front of her has a big urge to jump on her and hug her tightly as if the world will end in a second. And the bad thing that Irene is chained up by something called ‘insecurity’, she cannot see that the way Seulgi looks at her, it is exactly the same as before. The look that she only gives to someone who she really loves.

 

Both of them stand in front of Seulgi’s unit without saying a thing. Some times, they will accidentally look into each other’s eyes and quickly divert their attention back to the ground. Seulgi is busy cursing herself; she thinks that she’s an idiot because instead of asking Irene to come in straight away, she gave her questions—options.

While Irene, she is still debating between nobody but herself, whether she should come in or just leave.

Seulgi is staring at Irene for a few seconds. Her mind recalls the cause of their end of relationship. So, she says,

 

“Irene,” the latter looks up. “If you have nothing to do just go home and rest.”

 

It sounds painful in Irene’s ears. How can someone who said that she loves her lots of time tells her off with such a cold attitude. It makes Irene’s eyes twitch, she knows that she’s about to cry. But, she just does not want to cry in front of Seulgi. She inhales as much as she can.

 

“No.” She says. “We need to talk.”

 

Seulgi scoffs. This time, Irene looks at Seulgi right in the eyes.

 

“You know we are not over yet.” She insists.

 

Seulgi raises one of her eyebrows. “Really?”

 

“Because last time I remember that you want to be with a person that can protect you better…or should I say…a guy?”

 

Irene’s level of confidence drops to the ground.

 

“Y-you–“

 

Seulgi chuckles and shakes her head.

 

“Go home, Irene. There’s nothing to talk about.”

 

Seulgi is about to close the door.

 

“No, you don’t understand!”

Flashback

 

“Geez, you and Seulgi just can’t stop being lovey-dovey, even for a day.” Joy chuckled as she touched up her make up.

 

Irene giggled. She couldn’t help but blush.

 

“What makes you fall for her, honestly?”

 

Irene pursed her lips. “I don’t know, Joy.”

 

“I mean…She is dreamy, and totally perfect.”

 

Joy just rolled her eyes, but actually amused by how her bestfriend looked so in love.

 

“But,” Irene sighed. “I’m actually hoping for a guy, I mean, yes, Seulgi can protect me, but until when? For how long? She’s a girl too. And I know every girl has their limits.”

 

There was a pause between them.

 

“You’re the most clumsy person that I’ve ever met. If Seulgi wasn’t by your side…I don’t think you’ll survive until today, Irene.”

 

Irene bit her lower lip. She knew that Joy was right.

 

“Yeah.” She said. “I should’ve not said that. I love her. She’s everything to me.”

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter