The Art of Cheating

The Art of Cheating

Minseok knew. Or at least he suspected.

One time, his boyfriend gifted him with a cologne. A cologne he had smelled on him a night before.

Other night, he found an unknown shirt in their closet.

Lately, his boyfriend had been using his phone more often, smiling at it wilder than at Minseok.

His lover’s kisses tasted as if someone else’s. His hands mistook paths on his body.

One morning, instead of coffee, which Minseok was always getting on Tuesdays, there was a tea standing on a table.

 

Minseok knew. Or at least he suspected.

 

He stood by the window in his office, white shirt plugged into black trousers. His hands were crossed on his chest, a frown adorned his face. He couldn’t focus, as the only thing on his mind was a question of whether he was being cheated on. His mind screamed yes, but his heart denied it. He was conflicted.

A text woke him up from his thoughts.

It was from him.

Taking a deep breath in, Minseok opened the message.

 

Babe, I gotta stay an hour later at work :( Sorry, kitten. I’ll make it up to you tonight *cheeky grin*

 

And at that moment, Minseok was sure, and his heart dropped to the floor.

He was never called “babe,” nor was he a “kitten.”

“Minseok-ssi?” he heard a voice behind him. When he turned around, he saw his co-worker in the door, “there is a call for you.”

Minseok only nodded, not moving even a bit. His mind was frozen; his heart was broken.

He stood there, looking outside the window, hurt swallowing him.

That evening Minseok laid in their bed alone, the other side left icy cold. His supposed significant other was supposed to be out for the weekend visiting his parents. But Minseok knew, he was somewhere there, outside the window, in someone else’s arms, in someone else’s bed, making love to some else, whispering someone other boy’s name.

“How was the trip?” Minseok asked on Monday by the table, pouring the boy in front of him some coffee. His lover joined him late in the night, and Minseok knew he had been making an effort to be as quiet as possible not to wake him up, but it was not the noise that brought Minseok back from his dreamy land. It was the scent. Of exactly the same cologne, which was standing on his shelf in the bathroom, unopened.

“Good, normal,” he replied shortly, chewing on a toast, “mum says hi,” he smiled his angelic smile, and Minseok heart broke, because he knew, there was nothing of an angel in the boy in front of him.

“Thank you,” he whispered, “tell her I wish her quick recovery, next time you talk to her.”

The blond angel smiled, “I can see why she fell for you so easily,” he chuckled, “you are too caring, Minnie.”

Minseok sighed at the nickname. It suddenly felt so foreign, so fake. He only sighed, “probably.”

“Huh?” the other raised an eyebrow, “is everything alright?”

“Everything’s fine, babe,” Minseok murmured, observing the other’s reaction. As he expected, the other froze a moment, and a panic expression crossed his face. If it wasn’t for all the time they were together, Minseok wouldn’t even notice. But he knew, or at least he thought he knew, the boy in front of him. “I gotta get ready for work,” he added only, got up, and without sparing the other a second glance, he left the kitchen.

Jongdae woke up, and sighed. He didn’t know why, but he foolishly hoped this morning would be different. That he would not wake up alone in his bed, again.

Jongdae’s favorite thing in life were the weekends spent with his boyfriend. When the other would come over on Friday evening after work, make love to him the whole night, then lay with him in bed cuddling the whole Saturday, just to repeat the same act at night, and then enjoy Sunday together.

However, to Jongdae’s constant disappointment, most Mondays he would wake up alone, with the other half of the bed already cold.

At the beginning, Jongdae gave it little thought. After all, they were a fresh thing. Later, he started thinking of it as of the older’s weird habit.

But lately, Jongdae started feeling anxious. It happened more than once that Jongdae spotted marks all over his boyfriend’s shoulders, ones he knew he had not left himself.

Once, Jongdae was given a cologne. A very expensive one, the type his college money didn’t allow him to like.

Sometimes, his boyfriend would show up in a bit too big shirt, which fabric would be soaked with the cologne’s scent.

At times, Jongdae found the older looking for a long time at his phone, as if thinking of something deeply. The boy would seem concerned, quickly typing on the keyboard. Jongdae would near him then, place a hand on the other’s shoulder, and speak in the blond’s language, “baobei, is everything alright?”

The older would only quickly hide the phone away, and turn towards the younger with a small smile on his lips, “it is not,” he would whisper back, kissing Jongdae tenderly.

But Jongdae knew that his angel’s lips were covered in lies.

 

“Dae,” a sweet voice once whispered to his ear, as he laid cuddled into his boyfriend on a couch, watching a movie.

“Hmmm?” he hummed, not adverting his gaze.

“I bought an apartment,” he mumbled, and it caught Jongdae’s attention.

“What?” he asked, turning back.

“I figured it wasn’t fair that I was always crushing at your place, and you could never come over to mine, because of my roommate,” the boy pouted, and Jongdae’s heart melted.

“You know I don’t mind.”

“I know. But I do. It’s not fair, I wanna have you over as well, have you leave your clothes in my closet, your random stuff all over my apartment, store that disgusting yoghurts of yours in my fridge –“

“Yah!” Jongdae exclaimed, punching his boyfriend lightly, “don’t you dare offend Captain Jack! These are bubble gum flavor! Do you know how hard it is to get them!”

The other only laughed, burring his face in the crook of Jongdae’s neck, “you’re too cute, babe.”

“Stay until the morning,” Jongdae said suddenly, and the older instantly pulled his head back.

“You know I can’t.”

“But why?!” Jongdae whined, “why cannot you stay? What difference one night makes?! You can always go to work from here!”

“I don’t have any of my stuff here, Dae,” the man ran a hand through the younger’s hair.

“You can always take it with you, don’t you come here straight from work on Fridays anyway?” Jongdae reasoned.

“Sometimes, yes,” the man nodded, “but I am not going to be bringing papers here, Jongdae. The time I spend here is only for us, and I don’t want to disturb it by bringing work into our lives. I will stay until you fall asleep. As always.”

Jongdae hated the man for his way with words, and how authoritative things might sound on his lips. So he only sighed, giving up.

At that moment, he realized it had nothing to do with work.

It was two weeks later that Jongdae’s anxiety found explanation. He was lying in his boyfriend’s bed, the other was taking a shower, when the older’s phone started ringing. ‘Unknown’ was displayed on the screen. Jongdae bit his bottom lip, curious of who might be calling at such an hour, but the phone suddenly turned black again, the call being ended. A moment later, a text came in.

 

I know about him.

 

With a trembling hand and a rushing heart, Jongdae put the phone down, and stood up. But he got tangled in the sheets, and fell to the ground. There, his eyes landed on something.  In a small, plastic box under the bed, Jongdae found a pair of keys he had never seen before, with a keyring attached to them, having words ‘Forget me not – Min’ written on it. Quickly dressing up, he grabbed the keys and went to the front door, praying for the keys to fit, for the text to turn out to be something random, something… anything.

But they did not.

Jongdae felt his world crush down. He threw the keys across the room, and gathering his wallet and stuff lying on a small table by the door, he rushed out.

Luhan enjoyed his life. At the beginning, everything was simple. He came to Korea to study, he made it into his dream school, he had great grades. Then, during his third year he met the soccer captain, the one and only, Kim Minseok.

Luhan had always been a er for beauty. With a face like and aura like his – one of an angel – he could allow himself to be surrounded by only the most eye-pleasuring items and people. That was then, when he made a decision to stay in Seoul for good.

Kim Minseok became his favorite thing. Everything was going perfect for Luhan. He fell in love, and his love was returned. What else could he have wished for?

There was an endless amount of things he loved about Minseok.

Luhan loved how protective the older was of him, and how he was always there when Luhan missed home. The boy always did his best, to make Luhan realize he had home in Minseok, with him, by his side. That he was not alone.

He loved Minseok for his ability to always make him smile, and all the beautiful words that peppered the older’s lips. In Minseok, Luhan found peace.

He loved Minseok’s soft touches, when he was putting additional jacket on Luhan’s shoulders in the middle of winter, making sure he would not be cold, or when he pulled a blanket over Luhan’s sleeping form, when the younger fell asleep on a table while working.

He loved spending his mornings with Minseok – the older would wake up earlier than Luhan, just to spend more time making coffee. He loved Minseok’s coffee like nobody else’s. And he loved observing his love from across the kitchen, focused on the other’s focused face, tongue slightly sticking out.

During those calm mornings, Luhan felt like the happiest man in the universe.

He felt complete.

 

Life was easy back then. Only Minseok and him. No one else.

 

Until.

 

Until one day a particular someone crossed paths with Luhan, and Minseok was not there to keep him from crushing with the stranger.

Luhan’s downfall came in form of a college student named Kim Jongdae.

He was nothing like Minseok.

His features were not as soft as the older’s, his hair not as shiny. His body was not as firm and defined, nor as well-built.

But there was something else that pulled Luhan in.

Life. Life, which came in form of his voice and smile, and the young spark of will to explore and discover in his eyes.

Minseok knew very well what he wanted, he achieved his goals, finished university and was living his dream.

Jongdae, on the other hand, was like a child in a fog, constantly looking, searching, changing his mind. There was something about him, about his way of being, that drawn Luhan in – a spark burning in his eyes, which bent into the most beautiful crescents Luhan had ever seen; and happiness that lit up the younger’s face, making Luhan feel just as happy without any reason, every time Jongdae came up with yet another idea of what he might do in life.

In the end, the ideas changed like a weather, but Luhan didn’t mind. He would be happy to see Jongdae change him mind every minute if only it meant that he would be able to watch his eye smile adorn his face, and his lips form a cat-like smile.

 

Luhan knew it was selfies; he should wish for the younger to find his way and stick to it. He felt he should have been the responsible one, encouraging Jongdae to pull himself together, and choose a path to follow.

But he couldn’t. He loved that kitten-like smile too much.

 

Luhan loved Minseok. He loved him more than anyone or anything. Minseok was his very own beauty, one he didn’t like to share. But Luhan was curious, and there was something in Jongdae board lining on an exceptional beauty. Luhan felt intrigued.

 

Moreover, Luhan was vain. And in his vanity, he cherished youth more than anything else. And that was one thing Jongdae had, which Minseok did not.

With Jongdae, Luhan could experience youth again – with Minseok, he had memories to relive.

And luhan couldn’t bare it. A thought of growing old with Minseok crossed his mind at times, but the one of Jongdae’s youth from him was constant. He wanted to stay forever young, forever beautiful. He wanted to be forever.

At the beginning, everything was simple for Luhan. Now, he was mastering the art of cheating, not only his two lovers, but himself as well.

Whenever he was lying down in bed with his hands wrapped around Jongdae, the only thing he could think of was having Minseok’s strong arms wrapped around his waist.

Whenever he was drinking his morning coffee with Minseok, the only thing he wished for was for Jongdae to sit in front of him, and entertain him with funny stories and jokes.

Luhan constantly wanted someone, he was not with.

When he first started dating Jongdae, after a year and a half into his relationship with Minseok, he was afraid his boyfriend would find out right away. But he didn’t. So Luhan continued on meeting with the younger, using lame excused to both of them, whenever he had to be there of another. If one of them didn’t want to give him what he wanted, he would just meet with the other.

Because Luhan always got what he wanted.

With time, Luhan started mastering the art of cheating, finally becoming a master. How did he know it? He had been misleading both men for a year, and none of them had any clue about the other.

 

But everyone makes mistakes.

Minseok was sitting at a bar, a glass of alcohol in his hand. He didn’t really drink it, just moved it in circles, staining the beautiful wooden bar. His mind was working on full speed, coming with possible explanation as to why would he be cheated on?

Was I not good enough?

Has he grown bored?

Have I not give him enough attention?

Was I not caring enough?

Have I crossed a line at any time?

Have I made him feel unloved?

Was I unwelcoming?

Have I grown cold?

Why?

He sighed, and took a sip.

His phone laid in front of him, and Minseok was staring at it impatiently, waiting for something to happen. Waiting for it to ring. It had been two hours since he let the love of his life know he knew about cheating. Since then, there was no reply.

Is he with him again?

Is he laughing carelessly now, unaware that I know his secret?

Is he happy with someone else?

Questions were popping into his mind, as the only thing Minseok wished for was an answer. He needed to be given an answer, maybe another pack of lies, a bunch of

I don’t know what you mean!

Who is him?!

I am with my mother now, her condition worsened, I sent you a text, but it must have been blocked while I boarded the plane.

There is no one but you, Minnie.

He knew he was being stupid, but he didn’t feel ready to let go. Not after almost three years of a relationship. The best one he had ever had.

 

Minseok sighed again, trying to make his heart hate love. The sooner he starts the better. He had work to do and life to live, he couldn’t waste his time on a heartbreak.

Then, he heard a voice next to him, someone was talking on a phone.

“You don’t understand,” the boy said, “he’s cheating on me.”

Upon hearing that, Minseok burt out laughing, the type of a hysterical laugh that you don’t really want to keep up, but you cannot stop. The boy gave him a weird look, and after mumbling something he ended the call.

“Excuse me,” he heard the other say, “is there anything you find particularly funny about my misery?”

Minseok slowly calmed himself down, and wiping a tear from his cheek, he looked at the boy on the other side of the counter.

High cheekbones, dark eyes, wide eyebrows, chocolate hair, pink lips.

Just Minseok’s type from times before his boyfriend entered his life.

“Please, excuse me,” he apologized, “it just seemed like the universe is making fun of me,” he explained, and the other frowned, so he continued, “I as well happened to figure out today that my boyfriend was cheating on me,” he smiled sadly, raising his glass.

The other’s gaze softened instantly, and raising his glass as well, they took a sip.

“This truly sounds like a terrible joke,” the other joked, chuckling slightly.

“I’m sorry for you,” Minseok mumbled.

“Likewise,” the boy answered, and they were silent for a moment. “How did you find out?” the stranger asked suddenly, and Minseok smiled again.

“Well, at first I received a text that was supposed to be sent to someone else,” he chuckled, and the other boy did the same.

“What an unlucky bastard, that boyfriend of yours.”

“Right? But still, I didn’t act. More, I tried to act as if nothing happened. But today, while he was away, his mother called, and asked when would he come,” Minseok sighed, “he was supposed to be visiting her two weeks ago. When I was going through his papers today, looking for his flight ticket, I found two pieces of paper. One was with an address, the other with a phone number,” Minseok finished, taking out from his pocket a rather destroyed piece of paper.

“Did you call?”

“Who?”

“This number.”

“No. Of course not. What would I say?”

“Right,” Jongdae sighed, and took a sip of his drink.

“How about you?”

“I have been suspecting something for some time, but then he calmed me down. Tonight, when he was taking a shower I found a rather telltale message. Then, I found keys, ones that I knew were not from his apartment. I hadn’t seen them before. There was a keyring attached to them, with a nickname on it. And it was neither his, nor mine,” the boy ended in a whisper.

“Do you have any idea who it could be?”

“I’m not sure,” he shrugged, “maybe his roommate?” he pouted.

“Ah, roommates,” Minseok whispered, “you shouldn’t trust them.”

“I shouldn’t trust flower boys with perfect smiles,” Jongdae laughed, and Minseok followed.

“They are always trouble.”

“Right! I feel so stupid!” Jongdae exclaimed, “he was too good for me.”

“Don’t say that. He is nothing but a . How long have you been together?”

“A year and a half?” he thought, “almost two years now, actually. You?”

“Almost three.”

They both sighed, and took a sip from their glasses at the same time.

“What’s your name?” Minseok asked, looking at the other.

“Jongdae,” he smiled lightly, “and you are?”

“Minseok,” he introduced himself back, “so, what do you do?”

“I’m a student, actually. I mean, I should be done with college by now, but I took a gap year somewhere along the way,” he chuckled at the memory.

“Why would you?” Minseok raised an eyebrow. He never understood such people.

“To find myself? I know it sounds cliché, but I just don’t know what to do with my life. Nothing seems good enough. And if it does, I don’t seem good enough,” he sighed, “omg, I’m turning into an ahjussi, it’s the alcohol talking, I swear I am not such a baby in general!”

Minseok laughed at the younger, “that’s fine, don’t worry. Unfortunately, I cannot say I understand, but I hope you’ll find your way,” he smiled softly at the other, “don’t let this it up for you, Jongdae.”

Jongdae smiled back, a very sincere smile displayed on his lips, “thank you,” he said, “how about you? What do you do?”

“I work in publishing. I’m an editor in chief of The Readers’ Mind.”

Jongdae’s jaw dropped to the ground, “an editor in chief?! How old are you?!” he gaped.

Minseok laughed, “don’t worry, I’m only 26. I just started working for it at very young age,” he shrugged as if it was nothing.

“Wow,” Jongdae mused, “I love this magazine! Wow….”

“Well, thank you, I am glad to hear that.” Jongdae looked at Minseok for a few more moments, and the older started feeling uncomfortable. “Jongdae, hm, what is it?”

“Oh my!” the boy exclaimed, shaking his head, “I am so sorry! I didn’t mean to burden you! I’m so so sorry! I was just thinking… -“

“What about?”

“How amazing it must be to have everything you wanted to achieve. To actually know what you want to achieve.”

“Don’t bother yourself with it,” Minseok smiled, “you’ll make it there. I can promise you that.”

Jongdae looked down at his glass, “I couldn’t even keep a man at my side, how am I supposed to keep a job?”

“To be honest,” Minseok mused, “keeping a job is way easier.”

Jongdae laughed, “thank you. Well, however lame and bad it sounds, I am glad I found you as a companion of my misery,” he grinned.

“Likewise, my young friend, likewise. Let’s drink to it!” Minseok raised a glass, and they drank again.

 

“Oh god, your lips taste so good,” Minseok mumbled against the younger lips, as he pressed him against the wall in his apartment. Jongdae only moaned, pushing his hands under Minseok’s t-shirt, placing them on his skin, and bringing him closer.

“Your body feels so good, hyung, you’re like a god,” the other mumbled, running out of breath.

Minseok slowed the kisses, enjoying the taste of alcohol on the younger’s lips, the warmth of his mouth, and the softness of his touch. He pulled back after a moment, and looked Jongdae in the eyes, “why wasn’t it you that I met all those years ago?” he mumbled, more to himself and the other boy. Nevertheless, a blush decorated Jongdae’s cheeks.

“You’ve met me tonight,” he whispered back shyly.

“And I probably won’t see you ever again.”

“Then I’ll make you remember me,” Jongdae whispered more determined, grabbing the older’s wrist and pulling him towards a sofa. Minseok stopped him, and skinned in another direction. A few moments later Jongdae was lying on the bed, pulling Minseok down onto himself.

Minseok threw his leg over the younger, placed his hands on both sides of his head, and looked into Jongdae’s eyes.

There, he saw sadness, hurt, and emptiness. He leant closer, and placed a soft kiss on his cheek, “I cannot do it,” he mumbled against the other’s skin.

“Why?” Jongdae whined, and it almost sounded like a cry.

“This is not a way to deal with it, Dae.”

“This is the only way I know,” Jongdae confessed, wrapping his hands around Minseok’s waist.

The older pulled away, and looking Jongdae in the eyes, he frowned, “what do you mean?”

“This is what my boyfriend would always do,” he whispered.

Minseok gasped, “was he… Jongdae, were you…?”

“No,” he quickly answered, “I never minded. The thing is just… there was hardly any talking done in such situations. I know , Minseok, I cannot shut my mind differently.”

“If we did it,” Minseok whispered, “we’d be just like them.”

“Aren’t we right now?”

Minseok dropped his head. Jongdae was right. They were doing exactly the same thing that had been done to them.

“Tonight is now, hyung,” Jongdae continued, “let’s worry about the consequences tomorrow,” he suggested, and tried pressing his lips against Minseok’s.

“No,” the older pushed back, and Jongdae felt even more hurt, “not like that, Jongdae. Come with me,” he whispered, standing up and grabbing the younger’s hand.

Minseok led Jongdae into the kitchen, where he sat him by the table, in the same place Luhan usually occupied, and turning around entered the cooking area. He put the kettle on, and put some tea into two cups. When he turned around to glance at the younger, he realized Jongdae was shaking. He quickly got back to the bedroom, and grabbed a grey sweater with a white baozi with a smiling face on it.

“Here,” he gave it to the younger, “put it on. It’ll keep you warm,” he smiled.

“Thank you,” Jongdae took the piece of clothing, and quickly put it on, “wow, it’s really cute!” he smiled, looking at the picture imprinted on the fabric.

Minseok laughed, “you think so? I love it, but my boyfriend always says it looks hideous.”

“I love it, hyung,” Jongdae smiled, and Minseok did the same.

"Are you hungry?" the older asked.

Jongdae tilted his head to the side, wondering, "maybe a little? But I don't wanna burn you! I feel like I've done enough..."

"You haven't done anything, Jongdae, why would it be a burden?"

"Well, I kinda invited myself into your apartment..."

"I brought you here," Minseok laughed, "if I didn't want you here, you wouldn't be here."

"Well, you're in a rather vulnerable state, aren't you?"

"You're in the same position. Moreover, I feel like you might be taking it even worse."

Jongdae only started a the older for a few moments, "how do you do it? Remain so calm?"

"I believe that acting upon emotions is no good. Plus, I have important things to take care of at work, I cannot let a situation like that ruin everything I've worked for. World does not end with one boy," he murmured.

"Did you even love him?"

"Of course I did!" Minseok exclaimed, quickly calming down, "I still do. And it breaks my heart, it trully does... but there is more to life that this. I wanna get over it sooner than later."

Silence fell above them. Minseok stood by the counter, preparing some toasts, and Jongdae sat by the table, looking outside a massive window.

"Here," Minseok whispered, placing a few toasts and a cup of hot tea in front of the younger. When he looked at the boy, he realized the other was crying, "Jongdae? Are you alright?" he asked confused. Minseok was not really good at dealing with emotional people.

"I don't have anything and anyone apart from him, you know," he mumbled, not looking at the older, "I don't have a dream job, I don't have a fine apartment, I don't have dreams I can focus on. I have nothing. He was my everything."

Minseok's heart ached for the younger. He was not good with emotional people, but he wonderful at taking care of other's. So he quickly walked over to Jongdae, and pulling him up wrapped his arms around the younger, embracing him tightly. Within seconds Jongdae kept Minseok in a koala hug, sobbit into his shoulder.

"Everything will be fine, you'll see. There's plent fish in the sea, believe me. It's not worth breaking down. He's not worth your tears, Jongdae," Minseok was whispering, trying to calm the other down.

"Nothing will be fine, hyung."

"You're just thinking so, because you're breatbroken."

"I'm a mess. Maybe that's why he left me. Maybe if I acted like nothing happen, he would come back to me?"

"Getting a love like this back is not losing your self-respect, Jongdae. Relationship based on lies is not healthy. There is someone else waiting for you. Don't let this ruin you."

Jongdae's grip around Minseok tightened, as he cried harder.

There was something familiar about Minseok, something that reminded him of Luhan, and it calmed him down, as well as made him cry more at the same time.

The scent.

Jongdae woke up to a loud banging. At first, he did not recognize the surrounding, but after a few moments he remembered where he was. He also remembered why he was there. He looked around, and heard water running in a bathroom. Then, someone started banging at the front door again. Jongdae got up, and left the room, walking up to open. He caught a glimpse of two cups, and a plate of toasts on a kitchen table, when he passed the room.

Upon arriving at the door, he unlocked it, and froze as he realized who stood on the other side.

He was looking at a schocked and terrified face of his boyfriend.

"Lu - Luhan?" he mumbled, having problem catching a breath.

"Jong - dae?" the older repeated, "what are you doing here?!" he exclaimed nervous.

"I -" he began, but the water stopped running, and when the door to the bathroom opened, Luhan gasped. He turned around, and saw Minseok step outside, with wet hair, towel around his shoulders, and grey sweatpants. He froze, when he spotted the blond.

"What are you doing here?" he spat.

"Minseok?" Luhan mumbled, looking between him and Jongdae.

"How - how do you know each other?" Jongdae asked, feeling of confusion burdening him.

"He's my boyfriend," Minseok said coldly, "or should I say ex-boyfriend?"

"But -," Jongdae started, feeling dizzy. Luhan paled, taking a step back, "but Luhan is my boyfriend."

Minseok froze again, the towled falling to the floor.

"What?" he gasped.

"He is your roommate?!" Jongdae yelled, anger taking over him, as he looked at Luhan.

Minseok laughed nervously, "a roommate, Luhan? Am I truly your roommate?!"

"No, you don't -" luhan stuttered, but then gulped, "it's not like -"

"It's not like this? Then how?" Minseok yelled, coming to the door, "you er! How many other people are you screwing, huh?! Oh god, get the out! And don't come back!"

"But, Jongdae -" luhan pleaded, suddenly turning into his younger boyfriend, knowing he might have higher chances with this one.

"Oh, no!" Minseok stood in front of him, "you ed him good enough. Don't come closer to him," he pushed Luhan back, grabbed Jongdae's wrists, and after throwing the younger inside the apartment, he shut the door.

"Oh my god," Jongdae mumbled, "what the !?"

Minseok was looking at him, hurt and betreyal evident in his eyes.

"You are the one he was cheating on me with..." he mumbled.

"Minseok, I swear! I didn't know he had someone when I met him, he never said anything! He never mentioned anyone! I swear, you have to believe me!"

Minseok only turned around, and walked into the kitchen, to make himself some coffee.

Jongdae stood awkwardly in the corridor, not knowing what to do.

"Hyung," he whispered, "hyung, I swear, I didn't know. I am not this type. I'd never do anything like that. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, I really didn't know."

Minseok bit his lower lip, and sighed. Maybe Jongdae was speaking the truth?

"How do I trust you?" Minseok mumbled, his hand shaking.

"I - I don't know," Jongdae sighed, "I guess you're right. I'll just go."

"Coffee," Minseok called after him, placing yet another cup on a table.

Jongdae raised an eyebrow, and Minseok just sat down. He slowly neared the older, and nervously sat as well.

He was about to start speaking again, when they heard someone yelling outside.

"Minseok! Minseok!" Luhan screamed outside the window.

Minseok looked at Jongdae, and they both got up and went to the balcony in the bedroom.

"What you're still doing here?" Minseok spat, leaning against the bars.

"Minnie, babe, list -"

"He's the babe, Luhan, you're confusing your lovers!" he shouted back, skinning into Jongdae's direction. The only nervously bit on his bottom lip.

"Minseok, c'mon! Talk to me!"

"Naah, I don't think so!"

"Why is he still in our apartment?! Why am I the only one you threw out?!"

And then it hit Minseok, "roommate," he mumbled.

"Luhan, you'd better go," Jongdae screamed, seeing Minseok was frozen.

And then, the older moved, he quizkly went inside and was back right away, with a pile of clothes in his room.

"Because he does not refer to me as his roommate, you boy!" Minseok yelled, throwing Luhan's clothes. They were falling down, floating, waving, "make yourself at home in that cheap flat you bought! Oh yeah, I know!"

He disappeared again, just to come back with a few folders. He took out most of the papers, and threw them out as well.

"Minseok! What the ?! Are you retarded?!" Luhan squeaked, running a hand through his hair.

Jongdae only leant against the wall, laughing into oblivion.

"See you never, looser!" Minseok shouted, and turned to Jongdae, "do you feel like breakfast?"

"Sounds great, hyung," he smiled widely, suddenly feeling better, "how about I make pancakes?"

"Sure thing, I love pancakes," he smiled back as well, and they disappeared inside the apartment. 

 


 

Hello guys! 

Yup, here we have some Xiuhan, Xiuchen and Luchen!

I hope you enjoyed this little bit of a one shot! (and it stays a one shot, there is nothing else to come!)

Yaaay!

Thank you ~ badblood.

P.S. not proofread !