Ch#1

Of Library and Unrequited Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byun Baekhyun was just another boy, whom people stamped as a nerd just because he liked to sit at the back of the class and quietly mind his own business- it was something those stupid people couldn’t understand Baekhyun thought, because they were unknown to the meaning of introvert and personal space so he never bothered about it. He was more of reclusive and shy type.

As usual, Baekhyun was sitting in the library, his nose buried in the heap of books while he was studying; giving it all his consideration and concentration. He looked up from his book after he finished a passage and sighed heavily. The small guy took off his black, thick-rimmed spectacles and perched them down on the brown, wooden table. He rubbed his long slender fingers on his face to liberate his stress. Exams were coming and Baekhyun intends nothing else, but for them to finish already. Another sigh truants past his lips as he put on his spectacles again and averted his mind back towards the book in front of him.

Baekhyun was busy mugging up when the chair beside him was pulled back swiftly producing a loud screeching voice in the quiet atmosphere of the library. The boy can’t help but gape at the sight in front of him, skeptically. On no accounts in his life, he had even thought that Park Chanyeol will sit with him.

“Can I sit here?” Chanyeol asked him quietly with a small smile playing on his lips. The glower, that the librarian sent his way after he pulled put the chair was menacing and implied for Chanyeol to understand the meaning of silence before she makes him silent eternally.

Baekhyun timidly nodded his head at Chanyeol, his feelings going wild within him, churning a queer feeling in his core. The poor boy almost went crazy when Chanyeol offered him a vibrant smile before sitting on the chair adjacent to him. Baekhyun abruptly immersed his head back in the books to veil his blistering scarlet cheeks. Chanyeol fished out his calculus book and begun studying after plugging in his earphones. The smaller guy sneaks a quick look at the other’s face from the corner of his eye and a sigh absconds past his lips.

His side profile is so ing perfect. After, a while of marveling secretly, Baekhyun decided to study again cause, as much as he loves staring at Chanyeol's face he also loves his excellent GPA.

Romeo and Juliet is a magnificently written play by William Shakespeare. It is a story about two lovers…….

Okay…… A frown made its way on Baekhyun's pretty face. As much as he tried he can’t get a hold of the words which were printed on the book in front of him. It was as if letters were dancing around on the page.

Romeo and Juliet is a magnificently written play by William Shakespeare. It is a story about two lovers…….

For heaven’s sake, I can’t even empathize with these 2 stupid lines.

“Will you please stop listening to your music on such a high volume? I am making an effort to study here.” Baekhyun said, his voice hushed and quite, traces of exasperation visible in it. The words left his mouth even before he could think.

Stupid! Stupid mouth…now he will think I am some kind of a whiny .

Chanyeol, who was diligently listening to his stupid song didn’t pay any heads to him and that just provoked Baekhyun instead of making him happy; he was sure he was high on something or maybe his mind is ed up. The little one was not sure what his mind was thinking and he didn’t even know why he can’t control himself when his stupid feet reached out to kick Chanyeol’s shin. It wasn’t meant to be too hard, but judging from the other’s reaction…the blow was pretty hard.

! …. my life. I am so dumb….

The taller male looked up at him shock featured on his cute, puppy-like face. Baekhyun hated to admit that the thing which was more distracting than his loud metal rock music was the fact that he was so perfect. Ash gray hairs which fell in his eyes, beautiful almond color large feline-like eyes, long eyes lashes that fell upon his perfect cheekbones, and a defined jaw line- Baekhyun felt like Chanyeol was perfect, to say the least.

As much as Baekhyun likes him, he still can't help but feel annoyed. No offense, but studying something is already boring and studying something repeatedly is torturous. Don’t get him wrong he, at all the times find Chanyeol cute when he catches a glimpse of him doing silly things with his friends from across the room.

Oh! How much he wanted to erase that across the room. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were far-flung from being friends. Chanyeol was one of the most popular jock in the school while Baekhyun was just a nerd. The smaller doubted that Chanyeol even knew he existed, before 2 minutes ago.

"Is something wrong?" He asked with a pout engraved on his lips while his outsized hand reached out to soothe his injured leg.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to. It was accidental.” Baekhyun apologized, his stare directed at the carpeted floor. The smaller was actually guilty. He never meant to do any of it. It was just that his brain-to-mouth filter doesn't work and now brain-to-body too. His life was ed up.

“It’s okay, it didn’t hurt that much. Did you want to say something?” Chanyeol let a lazy smile on his face while looking at the smaller guy in front of him. The smaller was looking so cute with his head down in shame; it was as if it was a puppy getting scolded by its owner.

“Perfect.” Baekhyun blurted out of nowhere. The boy's eyes rounded as he slapped a hand on his mouth surprised, his eyes set upon Chanyeol’s baffled face.

“What?” Chanyeol asked confusion carved on his face in bold letters. The taller was beyond confused.

“Uh, nothing… Can you please turn down the volume of the music?” Baekhyun’s words stumbled out of his mouth incoherently, desperately trying to change the area of interest- in which he succeeded.

“Oh-I am sorry. Actually, I am used to studying in my room alone so I tend to listen to music on a high level but I had to come to the library today because my housemate Kai brought his long time crush Sehun to the apartment so I decided to leave them alone. No offense I don’t want to hear them doing things.” Chanyeol shuddered as his nose crumpled up in distaste.

“Sehun?” Baekhyun asked his eyes brows shooting up. The smaller one was already ready to kill someone.

“Yeah. Why is something wrong?” Chanyeol asked curiously while staring at his book. After a moment of contemplation, Baekhyun shook his head.

“No. It just seems like a familiar name.” Baekhyun has a 100% doubt that this Sehun guy is none other than his stupid best friend who has been admiring Kai from afar. Oh, Sehun wasn't like Baekhyun. Sehun wasn’t a nerd- in fact, he hated studying, still, he was good at it and he was popular around the campus too, totally opposite from Baekhyun again.

Following the small exchange between both of them, they silently minded their own affair. Just like that, 2 voiceless hours passed. Suddenly Chanyeol got up from his chair, towering over Baekhyun’s small form. The sudden action startled the poor boy.

“It is 7 now, it’s getting dark outside I am going you should go too,” Chanyeol informed Baekhyun, looking down right in Baekhyun’s eyes. He knew it wasn’t intentional but his heart was doing somersaults.

“Oh- it’s 7 already?” A blushing Baekhyun exclaimed before he got up and started packing his things; trying to hide his red cheeks with the English book in his hand. A low chuckle left Chanyeol’s lips as he turned around to make his way out of the Library but all of a sudden he stopped in his tracks, turning around to face Baekhyun again.

“I am Park Chanyeol by the way.” Chanyeol offered his hand for Baekhyun to take while a small smirk graced his feature. The cute blush on the other’s face was too amusing to see.

“I know. Who doesn’t know your name?” Baekhyun laughed nervously while contemplating. The smaller guy after contemplating for some time put his hand in Chanyeol’s big hand, who gave it a small squeeze.

“I am B-” Chanyeol cut off Baekhyun, the side of his mouth twitching upwards slightly, again.

“Byun Baekhyun, I know.” Chanyeol gave the former a lazy smirk before leaving the library and a dumbfounded Baekhyun behind. To say Baekhyun was surprised was an understatement.

Baekhyun’s mind was blown.

The shocked guy stood on his seat frozen, before finally snapping out of his daze because of the book which fell from his hand. Baekhyun made his way out of the library after collecting his things, still hazed. A recap of all the things that happened in the library made the poor lover boy squeal loudly.

“He touched my hand!” Baekhyun squealed, a dreamy smile plastered across his face. He grabbed the hand which Chanyeol took hold of almost about to kiss it but decided against it as there were a lot of people who were giving him a judging-you look. He cleared his throat awkwardly, silently deciding in his head to squeal later at home.

He will try not suffocating himself with the pillow too.

 

 

The next day Chanyeol was sitting in the cafeteria with his friends (the whole Exo, other than Baekhyun and Sehun).

“Where is Kai?” Kyungsoo asked while munching on his food. While he was speaking half of his food was flying out of his mouth; falling on Luhan who was sitting in front of him. Luhan gave the doe-eyed guy a disgusted look before wiping it with a tissue.

“Speak of the tanned devil and the devil is here,” Tao answered from behind while pointing towards cafeteria door with his chin. Kai was walking in hand-in-hand with Sehun.

“Sit with us today.” Kai requested while pulling off his best puppy face. A lot of grunts of disgusting were heard but Sehun just laughed.

“I have to sit with my best friend Kai. I can’t leave him alone.” Sehun patted Kai's shoulder.

“Invite him over,” Chanyeol suggested, hardly managing to keep the grin off his face. He was creepy and he knew it.

“Yeah invite him over. Your best friend seems really nice but he just does not talk to anyone if it’s not necessary.” Chen joined in.

“Whereas, all that you talk about are unnecessary things.” D.O snickered earning himself a slap from the said boy. D.O was in the mood of some good teasing today.

“I don’t think that he will agree.” Sehun sighed while shaking his head in denial.

“Ask him first at least.” Kris and Luhan protested.

“There he is, now go and ask him.” Kai pushed Sehun lightly towards Baekhyun who just entered the cafeteria.

After Sehun was gone a dreamy sigh escaped Chanyeol's lips.

“He is so ing perfect.” The taller male smiled.

“Why don’t you ask him out?” Lay asked him, perplexed.

“I went to the library because you guys told me to do so but I am not going to confess yet,” Chanyeol exclaimed.

After a moment, Sehun walked back to their table with a told-you look on his face.

“He isn't agreeing.”

“But why?” Chanyeol whined. To say Sehun was shocked will be an understatement.

“I mean why?” Chanyeol gave Sehun an awkward smile. The taller male was praying inwardly that he didn’t give his crush away.

“I think you guys already know why. He doesn’t like the crowd and there are like ten of you guys.” Sehun stated giving all of them a pointed look.

“If he won’t come here then we will go to his table.” Xiumin and Suho grinned at everyone. They were freaking evil.

“That's a nice idea,” Before Sehun can even protest everyone made their way to the table on which Baekhyun was sitting, grabbing chairs for themselves in the wake. Sehun was dragged by Kai towards the table. The male sighed and counted with his fingers.

1...2...3…

“I hate you Oh Sehun!” Baekhyun grumbled with a scowl on his face.

“It's not my fault they came here on their own.” Sehun protested with an incredulous look on his face. He was so tired of all this drama.

“First, you didn’t tell me that you are dating and now this. What kind of best friend are you?” Baekhyun whined.

“Ignore him,” Sehun said and sat down, pull

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter