Him

Cynosure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Yeah Dad, I know.”

 

He sighed as he ended the call and flopped over on the bed. Why was he always so frustrating? Do this, do that – it wasn’t as if he was a child anymore. For God’s sake he was already in University! He had spent years and years of his life living up to his father’s expectations. Top grades. Basketball Captain. School President. And now, majoring in a degree he honestly had no interest in. His whole life had been devoted to someone else’s dreams and ambitions; “I just want what’s best for you” his father would always say. But how could he know what was best for his son when he hardly ever even spoke to him? The only thing they ever spoke about were his grades. That, or which courses he should study at University. Apart from that, they were close to strangers. He never attended his son’s basketball games, never saw his artwork. Hell, he didn’t even bring him to buy his fancy dinner suits and had the butler go instead! For all the wealth and money they had, people would be surprised to see how far off the reality was from the fairytale they thought he lived: he was not happy in the least.

 

“You okay there, mate?”

 

Ten flopped down on the bed beside him. Ten was in a rather similar situation to Jaehyun’s, just perhaps a slightly better one in Jaehyun’s opinion. Okay, maybe that wasn’t true; most people wouldn’t want to be in his situation. Ten came from a broken family – a really, really, broken one. His father was… what the boys described as ‘messed up’. Still, Jaehyun envied the fact that his own take on life meant at least his son had more freedom. There were still expectations to live up to, the typical ‘Get good grades’ and ‘Look good for the cameras’ but apart from that, his father didn’t really into other affairs of his son’s life. They had sort of a deal, as Jaehyun remembered it went something along the lines of ‘only care for the cameras’ and everything that happened behind closed doors was none of the other’s business. They did whatever they wanted, without the other’s consent.

 

Jaehyun sighed and rolled over, groaning as he threw an arm over his face. “Yeah, it’s just my Dad… as usual.” He let out another frustrated sigh and stared blankly at the ceiling. “Well, I’m not surprised… He’s always pushing your buttons, isn’t  he? Seriously, the old guy needs to take a break.” He stopped twirling the basketball on his finger and stared at his friend’s disheveled appearance, “Not gonna lie man, you look like .” Jaehyun groaned again and sat up, running a hand through his messy hair as Ten pressed on. “Wonder what they’d say if they saw the ‘Perfect President’s Son’ in his natural habitat-”

 

“Have you guys seen her? Have you? I cant believe she’s actually here! I swear the Gods have blessed us with her presence this is like the most amazing moment of my life…”

 

Doyoung and Taeyong came barging their way into the dorm room, their faces painted with excitement. Johnny bustled in soon after, shutting the door behind them and shaking his head in disapproval.

 

“They’ve just seen Park Soyeon, what a bunch of ers” he sighed as he made his way towards the two boys on the bed. “Seriously? Park Soeyon? Jesus… I thought I’d never see her again…” Ten started as he followed the first two boys to the kitchen where their lunch awaited them. “Yeah, well, apparently she’s studying here now, and even in some of the same courses as our boy Jae!” Johnny turned and narrowed his vision on the disheveled figure slumping against the edge of the wall. “Rough day, buddy?” He joked, slinging an arm around his friend as he lead him to the dining table. “You,” he began, sitting Jaehyun down firmly in one of the seats, “my friend, need to eat. Loads

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter