Her

Cynosure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

<3 Months Later>

She honestly wasn’t sure what made her heart race more: the fact that it was her fist day of school, or the fact that he was here too. It had been her dream, since she was a little girl, and now, she had accomplished it. For nearly a month she’d been fretting over her future, scared her dreams would be shattered. Yet, she thanked her lucky stars the day she had gotten the letter – she had placed amongst the top five scorers in her school and had been offered a fully paid scholarship, with the inclusion of free tuition and boarding. It had been the happiest moment of her life yet. Not only was she going to study a course she’d only hoped of getting into nearly half of her life, but she was also finally able to escape, free from her. It was like a fresh start to her life. Not only that, Nari and very, very surprisingly, Johnny had also managed to attain spots in the exclusive college (although she was pretty sure he bribed them). It was actually rather nostalgic, seeing some familiar faces gave her a sense of comfort and belonging. Perhaps it would be a new start for her social life as well. The college was the most prestigious and exclusive one in the whole country and honestly, she felt nothing but lucky to be accepted. Over the summer, rumour had it that the boys in the basketball team had also been accepted through basketball scholarships (although they definitely didn’t need them, especially not him) but she chose not to get her hopes up. After all, anything could change over three months. Besides, it was just one night. It wasn’t even that long (although her heart did clench a little at the thought of him forgetting about it). Given his title and good looks, she wouldn’t be surprised if he found a significant other. After all, he had to grow up sooner or later. She had been shocked when she found out that he had never dated a girl before, especially given his daring performance that night on the rooftop. However, she chose to believe it because Johnny was the person who had mentioned it, and why would Johnny lie about such a thing? Still, summer always meant change and maybe it meant Jung Jaehyun had changed too. Being surrounded constantly by hoards of pretty girls meant plenty of opportunities and options; she wouldn’t be too shocked if he decided to take one up. Plus, what were the chances she’d even see him? She was majoring in art and design whilst he; well, she would expect him to take up a more… honourable degree: perhaps business or maybe law seemed more suitable. What a shame she thought, as she’d seen some of his sketches displayed in school and personally thought they were fantastic pieces of art. Still, she knew Jung Jaehyun was the type of person to live up to expectations and boy were there huge expectations placed on him. But a small part of her always said what if and although she had been trying her best to brush off the incident day in and day out, it seemed like the more she tried to forget him, the more her mind wandered back to the night where he seemed like the most beautiful thing in the world.

Sighing, she picked up her suitcase and started walking up the marble steps of the college entrance, towards her dormitory. This was no time to be thinking of Jung Jaehyun. They may have shared a small moment, but that moment was gone now. He had moved on with his life, and she really needed to as well. Besides, she didn’t have time for relationships. Sure, over the holidays she’d considered a few guys, but no one really tickled her fancy. Even during her induction day in the morning, a few guys had come up to her to greet her or introduce themselves; and while they went as far as asking if she wanted them to show her around, sit with them during lunch, or even giving her their phone numbers, none of them sparked an interest in her. It seemed as if that short moment with Jung Jaehyun had changed something in her completely. Her heart raced at the thought of no one but him. And honestly, she hated it. She’d never been the type to be interested in relationships or romance, but as much as she hated to admit it, her thoughts were constantly clouded with the night on the rooftop and a pair of very soft lips belonging to Jung Jaehyun. As she proceeded down the courtyard, she felt a light tap on her shoulder.

“Hey.” Before her stood the very boy who she was constantly trying to forget about; it looked like there really wasn’t a chance now. Her cheeks began to flush and she fought to keep the pink hue that was slowly beginning to rise from showing. Jung Jaehyun, in all his glory, smiled gently at her; his dimples beginning to show as he ran a hand through his shiny, jet-black hair. It had been dyed a warm chocolate colour when they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter