Chapter 1

Politics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Joohyun, can you pass me the sugar?” Bogum requested, wiping the beads of sweat off of his forehead with his lower arm due to both his hands being occupied. He and Joohyun were busy preparing food in Bogum’s kitchen for their first meeting as a party— as a political party. It was their senior year of college in Seoul University, and it has been four years since they both apprehensively but successfully joined RV, the 29-year old premier socio-political party of their school. Bogum, because his older brother was not only a former member, but a former president. And Joohyun, because where Park Bogum goes, Bae Joohyun is forced to follow.

Joohyun’s hands move on their own searching for the cup of sugar her best friend was asking for, as her gaze was busy with something else, rather something more essential in her opinion. “Here,” she said, hands gripping onto the glass handle.

“Thanks,” Bogum raises his eyes from the bowl before him towards Joohyun seated on a stool at the edge of the island he was working on, her chin quietly seated on her hands. Realizing Joohyun wasn’t reciprocating the act, he finds out what her concentration was instead on, looking towards the direction of the window she was deliberately gaping at. His older brother, Song Joongki (he became an orphan at 5, and was adopted into the Song family, but chose to keep his last name, Park-- long story), comes into view. Joongki was jogging back and forth in their backyard. Topless. Of course, he had to be topless. Of course, he had to be working out now. His pale skin was bathing in the afternoon sunlight, sweat on his toned muscles glimmering under it. As he took step after step, his quick but gasping breathing followed. And Joohyun's shameless gawking did too.

"Gross," Bogum rolled his eyes, snatching the cup from Joohyun’s hands. “Stop that right now.” He dipped his pinky in the cup of white particles, bringing it up to his tongue afterwards. That was definitely not sugar. Thank god he checked. “And this is salt. We almost made salted frosting.”

“What?” Joohyun responded, startled.

Bogum set aside the cup of non-sugar, and moved towards the pantry behind him to look for what he asked for on his own, ignoring Joohyun. “Not only are you ogling over my brother, you’re ogling over our party’s representative president--” Every party was required to have what they called a party representative president. Basically, an alumnus or alumna who has been elected university president in any of the previous years. Basically, a chaperone with experience. This year, Bogum’s brother wasn’t only voted as so, but also volunteered himself due to his dongsaeng’s current position—all of which must have been very exciting for him, an RV-loyalist. A great one at that.

Joohyun gasped, acting offended. “I was not ogling—you’re just jealous.”

Bogum turned around with the correct box back towards his station, scoffing. “You wish.”

“You wish, I wish.”

“You wish I wish, I wish.”

“You wish, I wish, I wished I— how does this even make sense—“ Bogum shook his head. “Can you focus?? It’s our first meeting as a party, with us finally as senior generals— you as the head candidate, if I may just remind you. We have to concentrate.” He lifted his hand threatening to flick her forehead.

Joohyun whacked his hand away, dodging him. “Yeah, okay, shut up,” She groaned, pouting. But sat up straight, taking a deep breath. “I will focus—I am focused. Completely and undeniably focu—“

The backyard’s door at the side opens with a distinct sound, both Joohyun and Bogum whirling around upon hearing it. Especially Joohyun. At an extremely faster pace, knowing no one else could have opened the door. Joongki enters, running a towel from his neck down to his chest. Still topless. Still no shirt on.

Bogum sighed. Joohyun quietly gulped, her pulse rate seemingly reaching its maximum.

“Baking, I see?” Joongki observed out loud, walking towards them. Still very much topless. Shirt still very much non-existent.

Bogum kept his gaze on the ingredients he was mixing. “Yeah we’re—“

“Yes, oppa.” Joohyun intercepted, all the aegyo she’s never had in her whole life suddenly and effortlessly blooming.

“Hmm,” Joongki took a sniff, leaning on the island inches away from Joohyun, she swore she almost fell off her stool. “How many have you made so far?”

“Six packs—“

“Huh?” Joongki said with a quiet chuckle, Bogum side-eyed her by reflex.

Joohyun (thankfully) leaves her daze at that. “Uh-uh, I mean, I meant—“ She stammered, tucking strands of hair flying in front of her face behind her ear. “I meant six packs of cookies. Of cookies.” She repeated, an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter