My Friends

I now pronounce you Kris and Chanyeol ***HIATUS TILL FURTHER NOTICE***

He was cursed. 

He was absolutely sure of that.

Hell, he was willing to bet his unborn child that God or whoever was in charge in this universe that he was literally cursed.

What was he cursed with you might ask?

If you were to ask his good for nothing co-worker Baekhyun (how that guy ended up being a doctor still baffled him to this day. The guy was too stupid for his own good!), Baekhyun would say that he didn't eat his vegitable when he was a kid and that's why he ended up so short and why all the goodness didn't grow in his heart, because he was short. And according to Dr. Byun: Short people were in general, evil people (one again proving his own stupidity, since Baekhyun wasn't all that tall himself and there was a slight height difference between them)

If you were to ask his wife, she would scoff and say that Kyungsoo was being over-dramatic and it was his own pessmistic attitude coming out to play. He wasn't cursed. He just spent too much time in his own head, according to his wife. And thoughts could be deadly if you spent too much time on them insead of dealing with reality.

But these two people whom he spends most of his waking hours with (well one being unwilling, he just couldn't get away from Baekhyun. He was literally everywhere he went!) didn't know about the other two people whom, although don't spend every waking hour with Kyungsoo are always finding ways to make Kyungsoo involved in their lives. 

Well that's a lie. 

Kris is the exception of the two. Like his wife, Kris was someone Kyungsoo didn't have a problem with. He secretly enjoyed their conversations, because it gave him insight to the life he will be having soon when his own child would be born into this world. 

But Chanyeol....Oh, Chanyeol....stupid Park Chanyeol....

The who continues to call himself 'The happy virus'

That fool, always finds some way or another to directly involve Kyungsoo in his shenanigans, especially the ones that really shouldn't involve other people. 

Example: Insisting Kyungsoo come over to Kris's house so that Kyungsoo can talk some sense into Kris about the very stupid plan Chanyeol has been plotting inside his big head. 

Okay, so maybe he isn't cursed but! 

Why does this always happen to him?

Why is he surrounded by insane people he likes to call his friends? 

And why in the hell did he even agree to Chanyeol's ridiculous plan in the first place!?!
 


*Flashback several months ago*

They are all sitting in Kris's kitchen, on a Sunday night in September. Chanyeol is sitting on the left of Kyunsoo, while Kris is sitting across from him. Kyungsoo is politely sipping on the bottle of beer Chanyeol had offered him when he got there an hour ago. The two tall giants are now on their sixth bottle of beer and don't seem to be wanting to quit anytime soon. When Kyungsoo had arrived to Kris's place, and saw how drunk Kris was he had asked where the twins were. Kris gruffly told him that they were spending the night at his mother in law's for the next two days and not to worry. Kyungsoo helped Kris to the kitchen where he saw Chanyeol swaying in his seat, softly singing to himself. Kyungsoo cringed when he saw that ever bright smile Chanyeol always seemed to have ever since they were children, and accepted the bear hug from the taller man. Once Kyungsoo was seated at the table did he finally ask what was going on and why they were already so drunk? Chanyeol hiccuped and pointed at Kris angrily who just glared back at him hard. 

"He-he has something to say," hiccuped Chanyeol, swaying slightly in his seat again "Go on," he slurred loudly "Tell 'Soo why we're drinking!"

"Why don't you tell him since your so talkative all of a sudden!" retorted Kris, opening another bottle of beer and taking a big gulp

"Fine! I will!" shot back Chanyeol, clumsily standing up from his spot at the table and staggering back

"Steady there," muttered Kyungsoo, reaching out and anchoring Chanyeol

"I'm fine," mumbled Chanyeol, waving off Kyungsoo's hand

Kyungsoo kept a hand on Chanyeol's jacket hem, just in case. He watched as Chanyeol coughed lightly, clearing throat and took off his cap only to put it back on after he ran his fingers through his hair (a habit he never grew out of from when they were teenagers) and finally spoke.

"Kris's life insurance was denied. He's in debt, he is going to lose the house if he can't pay back the loan he took out to pay for Rose's funeral. But that's not all." said Chanyeol in a serious tone

"What?" asked Kyungsoo bewildered and shocked "What else is-"

"It turns out Kris never officially gave up his immigrant status and is in the country illegally." continued Chanyeol, taking a swig of his bottle, "He will be deported soon."

"What about Sehun and Tao?" asked Kyungsoo earnestly, grabbing Chanyeol's sleeve with a worried expression 

"They were born here, and Rose was from here." replied Chanyeol "So they are by law, citizens of our great country." he said with a hint of sarcasm

"They can't seperate them like that," said Kyungsoo in a panic, looking between his two friends  "We have to do something!"

"We tried." said Kris suddenly, looking away from the two other men in the kitchen, "I have no problem leaving, I've been wanting to go back home for awhile now. But Rose's mom won't let me take the boys, and since she is their next of kin, if I were to leave she would be their guardian."

"That's terrible!" said Kyungsoo, looking at the defeated older man with remorse "There has be another way, we will find one Kris!"

"There is one," said Chanyeol quietly, causing Kyungsoo to look back at him with hope

"What is it?" asked Kyungsoo 

"Kris can get married to someone and get citizenship." replied Chanyeol "If he remarries, he will get his pension back, the boys back, and with a joint account with someone with good credit they can pay back the mortgage on the house and keep it."

"Who are we going to find to marry Kris?" asked Kyungsoo in frustration, unaware that Kris was glaring at Chanyeol the entire time

"I'm going to marry Kris," declared Chanyeol nonchalantly

It got quiet in the kitchen for moment. Kyungsoo let go of Chanyeol's sleeve and sat back in his seat in shock. He stared at his friends, noticing how both of them were glaring at each other. Kris looked like he was on the brink of lunging over the table and murdering Chanyeol. Chanyeol looked like he was ready to fight anyone, even Kris. Kyungsoo shivered at how cold and tense the room temperature had gotten and quickly reached over and grabbed the beer Chanyeol had offered him before and took a sip, trying to calm his nerves.

"Wow." said Kyungsoo quietly

"But we have a problem there," ranted Chanyeol

"What's the problem?" asked Kyungsoo gently, noticing how angry Chanyeol to have become in the last two minutes

"This idiot doesn't want to marry me!" grumbled Chanyeol slamming his fist on the table and pointing an accusing finger at Kris "He thinks he's too good to marry me!"

Kyungsoo took another sip, a bigger sip this time as Kris stood up from his spot at the table and shoved Chanyeol's finger away from him

"Shut up Chanyeol," growled Kris with a stern look "I'm not going to not marry you because you think I think I'm too good for you. Which is true. I am too good for you."

"Oh you shut up!" retorted Chanyeol "I'm your best friend, I want to marry you!"

"You are so drunk you don't know what you are saying," snapped Kris, "not to mention you are just the worst! Who the hell would marry someone with a stupid proposal like that?! Regardless if they are best friends!"

"I'm your best friend, I get to propose anyway I want!"

"Wait, wait," said Kyungsoo suddenly, causing the two to stop bickering and look at him "Are you saying you won't marry him because of the way he proposed to you?"

"Yes, keep up Kyungsoo," argued Kris

"Yeah 'Soo keep up, we can't keep backtracking because you are slow," said Chanyeol with a slurr

"Wait," said Kyungsoo loudly, "You mean you are willing to marry this stupid guy here?" he pointed at Chanyeol who opened his mouth in protest, "But want to be proposed to-"

"Hey I may be a man, but I deserve to be wooed!" shouted Kris drunkenly

"What the ," muttered Kyungsoo under his breath as he took a big gulp of his beer

"I brought the beer, dude!' shouted Chanyeol angrily "I got your mother in law to take the boys for a day or so, so we can talk and figure out. How more romantic do you want me to get? I've never been the romantic type, especially to a guy before! Give me a break! Just say yes to marrying me and we can be done with it!"

"Go and yourself!" yelled back Kris, "I'm not marrying you! I'm a grieving widower and I just want to get drunk off my !"

"You guys are seriously going about this in the wrong way," mumbled Kyungsoo

I kind of want to tell you guys how incredibly ed up this whole thing is, but it's never a good thing to rationalize with a drunk....especially with two drunks Kyungsoo thought to himself as he took another drink of his beer for a lack of anything better to do. 

"You want me to get down on my knees?" asked Chanyeol seriously "'Cuz I totally will!"

"That would be nice but I would be telling you what to do," answered Kris, "If you are going to propose to someone it should be thoughtful and romantic. Which are two things are aren't."

"You want thoughtful and romantic, I'll give you thoughtful and romantic!" shouted Chanyeol, jumping from his seat once again, knocking his chair over and moving the table slightly

"Easy there Peppy La Pew," blurted out Kyungsoo, who reached out and grabbed Chanyeol by the arm and forced him to sit down again 

"He said I wasn't thougthful or romantic!" whined Chanyeol as he picked up his chair and sat back down

"I heard and he has a point," argued Kyungsoo, "Chanyeol you are a single bachelor who has been...." trailed off Kyungsoo

"He's going to die alone," muttered Kris

"What Kris is trying to say is," glared Kyungsoo, "It would be nice if you weren't so tactful about the whole thing. I'm sure Kris just wants to know your not just doing this just to do it, but that you genuienly want to."

"I do!" insisted Chanyeol

"You've never been in a seriousl relationship so you don't know how serious marriage is," said Kyungsoo seriously "and marriage is a very serious thing. And what you are proposing is something people don't take lightly. If people find out this whole thing is a fake and you were only doing it to get Kris citizenship, you can go to jail and Kris could be deported."

"But I want to help," argued Chanyeol as he looked across the table and stared at Kris earnestly, "You're my best friend. I want to help you. If I have to marry you so you can stay here and keep the kids, as well as keep the home you made with Rose, I will do it. Because your my friend, and I want you to be happy! Or at least half as happy as you were before Rose got sick. Please," begged Chanyeol as he reached out and grabbed Kris's wrist "Let me marry you so you can stay here and keep everything that mattered to you."

"But what about you?" asked Kris quietly, "You are my best friend too, but you shouldn't be doing this for me. Are you going to be happy with this? You've been gone for a long time and are always moving. Are you going to be okay staying here? Are you going to be okay raising two kids that aren't even yours? Are you okay with being married to someone who just lost the love of their life?"

"You make me sound so fragile," joked Chanyeol half-heartedly, "I don't mind staying here, as long as I know I am needed here and I get to be with people I care about. I'll travel again, but for now, I think it's best I stay in one place. As for Sehun and Zitao, I love those two like they are my own kids. I don't have a problem being there for them, I'll be the cool uncle. As for you," paused Chanyeol, "Since your my best friend, obviously I have some form of love for you. I would do anything for you. You've always been there for me in the past, I think it's time for me to be there for you." he said quietly

"Ugh, no wonder you two are best friends," groaned Kyungsoo, "You guys are so cheesy it's on the boarderline of being sickenly romantic!"

"And don't worry about me being happy," carried on Chanyeol, "I'm always happy."

"Eww," muttered Kyungsoo, taking another gulp of his bottle

"Yep, your very chessy," said Kris "Why can't you be like that when you proposed?"

"Oh god, just let it go," groaned Chanyeol rolling his eyes

"It doesn't hurt to be romantic," muttered Kyungsoo, who got a nod from Kris

"I only came here to have a few beers with my bro and now I feel so attacked right now," mumbled Chanyeol as played with his beer bottle

"What I find amazing is that you want to marry him, and I am curious if you will feel the same way tomorrow morning when you are sober." said Kyungsoo casually

"I'll keep asking till he says 'yes'," said Chanyeol loudly, "Eventually he will say it!"

"You are so annoying," hissed Kris as he opened another beer bottle and took a drink from it

"From what I hear, married people annoy each other so I think we are going in the right direction with this" retorted Chanyeol 

"Why am I friends with you two?" asked Kyungsoo to himself as he took another drink

As the night progressed, and Kyungsoo was offered another bottle he saw how truely drunk and ridiculous his friends were. Kris and Chanyeol argued about the most absured topics. 

"I think its only fair that you take my last name, there I said it!"  argued Chanyeol holding up his hands in exasperation

"No way in hell am I changing my last name! You change your last name to Wu!" protested Kris drunkenly

"This was my idea!" shouted Chanyeol pointing at Kris once again (he seemed to be doing that alot tonight) "Kris Park. Has a nice ring to it don't you think?"

"Wu Chanyeol sounds cooler!"

"No it doesn't!" argued Chanyeol "stop being such a hard and change your last name! Otherwise we aren't getting married!"

"Fine by me! I can find my own way to settle things!"

"How the hell did Rose ever marry a stubborn jerk like you! I'm doing you a favor man! Change your last name!"

"Never!"

"Fellas, might I make a suggestio-" started Kyungsoo only to get rudely interrupted with-

"Stay out of this!!" shouted Kris and Chanyeol in unison

"I've never been married! I deserve a free pass on my first marriage!" said Chanyeol angrily "plus let's face it, I'm manlier than you! And I have all the qualifications to be the husband!"

"What the hell kind of age do you think we live in!" shouted Kris throwing his hands in the air "it's no wonder with that kind of backward thinking that your still single!"

"Guy's seriously, I have a solutio-"

"Not now Kyungsoo!" Shouted Chanyeol impatiently

"Lets also not forget I am already a father, I HAVE a job, and I am not afraid of flying bugs!" Said Kris with annoyance "and I happen to be 2 inches taller then you! Ergo I'm the man!"

"Let's settle this the old fashion way then" said Chanyeol suddenly taking off his jacket and throwing it on the empty kitchen table "if you think your the man in this relationship; beat me in a fist fight. Loser has to change his last name."

"I'm not fighting you in my kitchen Chanyeol," snapped Kris "I just had new cabinets put in!"

"Chicken "

"Lets go outside so I can kick your you !" snarled Kris as he stormed out of the kitchen

"Really you two?"

"Kyungsoo come too," shouted Kris over his shoulder "so you can be there to call an ambulance when I knock out that dumb who calls himself 'the happy virus'."

"Your going down 'cold city guy'!"

"Is this punishment for all the times I goofed off in school?" Asked Kyungsoo outloud as he followed his stupid friends out of the house "is God punishing me for keeping in touch with you guys all these years?"

"Its not always about you Kyungsoo!" Yelled Chanyeol and Kris together

"Stop ganging up on me and fight each other!" Screamed Kyungsoo in frustration "I only came here to talk some sense into you two and I feel so attacked right now by both of you!"


Kyungsoo glared at his computer screen, holding his phone next to his cheek. 

"Excuse me, Mr. Do? Are you there?" 

"Yes, I'm here." said Kyungsoo curtly

"Good, good, I thought I lost you for a moment," said the caller, "My name is Kim Jongdae, I work for Immigration and Customs. I am calling to set up an interview appointment with you."

Kyungsoo gulped and felt his heart beat a little faster. . This was the phone call he had been dreading.

"What for?" asked Kyungsoo, hoping his tone sounded casual

"Nothing to worry about, I'm just wanting to ask you a few questions about your friends Park Chanyeol and Wu YiFan who goes by Kris, and their marriage that took place a few weeks ago." 

Yep. He's cursed alright.


Hiiiiii

hahaha Ugh, I wanted to update this story first XD

I have a few more updates to take care of so I won't say much here. 

I really hope this story is making sense. If not let me know!

Thank you to those who subscribed and left comments! I really have no clue what prompted me to write this story but I did and I feel like I am disappointing you all DX

As always;

Comment, subscribe and please enjoy this story!

yaminom out~!