Moving In

I now pronounce you Kris and Chanyeol ***HIATUS TILL FURTHER NOTICE***


Chanyeol stared awkwardly at the empty bedroom, gripping the cardboard box filled with his stuff he had brought from his home. It was cluttered, with his old dresser and bed pushed to one side of the room. Boxes and suitcases were shoved into the corner. This felt so weird. When was the last time he actually moved to a new place and actually settled down there and unpacked everything? That was easy, never. He was a rich boy, he had people to do the unpacking for him. Even when he left home to travel, he never actually unpacked. Chanyeol moved from place to place, never staying in place for too long. Chanyeol bit his lip apprehensively as he wondered how he was going to sort everything out.
 

Chanyeol jumped suddenly when he felt something cool touch his arm, tugging at it. He sighed in relief when he saw it was only little Sehun and not some scary little gremlin from the cript. Sehun was Kris's youngest son. He was very quiet unlike his older twin brother Zitao who was a wirey ball full of energy. Sehun stared up at him his upper lip tucked in between his teeth on the strap of his overalls. 

"Oh, Sehunnie," he sighed in relief, smiling weakly "You scared hyung. What's up?"

"....."

Chanyeol looked around as he waited for the boy to say something. For a three year old Sehun sure knew how to make him feel awkward. What with his faraway gazes and his soft voice. Chanyeol wasn't use to being around someone as quiet as Sehun.

'You have to be patient with Sehun, he can't speak yet.' 

Kris's words rung in his ears as he recalled the conversation they had a week ago when they arranged for Chanyeol to move in with Kris and his son's, and Kris told him the rules of the house as well as precautions when dealing with Sehun. Sehun was autistic with ADHD. He was slow learning basic things and couldn't speak yet. Chanyeol looked down at the small child who was looking up at him with a blank stare as if he was sizing up the tall man. Sehun sure was a quiet kid, but his demure was very endearing. 

Sehun seemed to have taken a liking to Chanyeol as well, always following him wherever he went, making sure he sat next to him during meals, and was stubbornly insistant on Chanyeol being the one to wish him 'good-night' every night. Even when Chanyeol wasn't there at the house, he would get a phone call and a soft 'Sehun want's to say good-night'. He didn't talk much, but Chanyeol didn't seem to mind one bit ('That stoic silent type reminds me of someone I know' he thought to himself) Smiling at the poker face kid, Chanyeol put his box down and knelt down so he was eye level with Sehun. 

"Would you like to help hyung unpack his stuff in his room?" Chanyeol asked gently,  "Hyung could really use some help and Sehunnie is a such a good boy, I want him to help me."

".....mmmph ack dat." mumbled Sehun as he turned away from Chanyeol and started pulling the cardboad box Chanyeol had been holding, dragging it to the bed. Sehun then tilted the box on its side, spilling out all the contents out on the floor, nodding his head in approval.

"That's one way to do it," nodded Chanyeol with a grin, "You look through those while I run and grab some more of my stuff, okay Sehunnie? Hyung will be right back."

Chanyeol waited for a response but all he got was Sehun's back as he started playing with an alarm clock and a paperweight. Chanyeol walked out of the room and started making his way down the steps, when he saw Kris was walking up the steps holding two of Chanyeol's boxes with Tao following closely behind holding Chanyeol's Rilakkuma childsize plush toy. Chanyeol chuckled at the sight below him. Tao had stopped halfway up the stairs, a hand on his hip, fanning himself with his other hand, and complaining that stairs were hard. Chanyeol moved past Kris and stood infront of the child.

"Need help Peaches?" asked Chanyeol sweetly as he lifted Tao into his arms who squealed in delight

"Hyung put Tao down!" giggled Tao as he squirmed in Chanyeol's arms trying to break free 

"Okay, okay," replied Chanyeol as he placed the toddler back on his feet, "Be careful with Rilakkuma, okay Tao? That's hyung's favorite teddy bear."

"I will!" vowed Tao with a wide grin, stomping up the stairs quickly calling for his brother and leaving the two adults alone.

Chanyeol looked at Kris for a moment and was surprise to see his friend was staring back at him with an unreadable expression on his face. He looked at the boxes in his hands and reached out to take the top one causing Kris to break away from the eye contact. 

"I can carry these for you," came Kris's reasonable voice

"I know but I want to help," answered Chanyeol simply, "Besides these were the last of my boxes."

Chanyeol watched as Kris nodded his head slowly before walking up the stairs leaving Chanyeol alone for a moment. Chanyeol looked inside his box and smiled when he saw it was the box filled with old photographs, one picture stood out. Picking up the silver picture frame, Chanyeol smiled when saw a younger him and Kris. They were both wearing black tux's, Chanyeol was smiling broadly with one arm wrapped around the older while doing his signature 'peace' sign  while Kris stood next to him stiff as a board, looking like a nervous wreck. 

"Ha, he still has that scared look," he muttered to himself with a smile as he put the picture frame back into the box and pulled out his phone and his smile widen at his screensaver: A selfie of him and Kris.

 Chanyeol is still smiling the same broad smile while Kris just looks blankly up at the camera, looking super cool but Chanyeol knew better. Chanyeol is holding up their left hands, showing off the silver and black rings on their fingers. Chanyeol's band was a pure white silver ring with a chrome lining in the middle with a small diamond in the middle. Kris's band was black ("black as your soul!" as Chanyeol put it) with a more sophisticated look, there was no precious stone on it, but a onyx wave in the middle with Sehun and Zitao's names written on the inside of the wedding band. Kris did try to ask what the wave length was, but Chanyeol quickly brushed it off and told him not to worry about it. 

"Hey you okay down there?" came Kris's voice, snapping Chanyeol out of his thoughts

"Yeah, I was just thinking is all." replied Chanyeol with a grin, holding up his phone and showing off their picture 

"I thought I said to delete that," frowned Kris as Chanyeol tucked his phone back in his pocket and walked pass him to the room he would be staying in

"I happen to think this is the cutest picture we have ever taken." defended Chanyeol, "I look good in this picture, despite being hungover." he added over his shoulder

"Charming." sniffed Kris, walking behind Chanyeol and reaching into the other's pocket taking the phone 

"Hey you were hanging too," pointed out Chanyeol as he walked into the room, "Holy crap this room is kicking."

Tao was laying on the bed still hugging the Rilakkuma doll, but underneath him were piles of Chanyeol's once folded clothes. Tao was even using one of Chanyeol's pullover's as a blanket. Sehun was digging through more boxes and throwing stuff out, he had already gone through a suitcase that was filled with Chanyeol's shoes and hats and had thrown them all over the floor, but was wearing a black panama hat along with a pair of dress shoes Chanyeol rarely wears. Chanyeol couldn't help but smile when he saw Sehun had found a pair of old glasses of Chanyeol's and put them on upside down.

"Oh my god, guys!" cried Kris, rushing into the room and picking up Sehun and putting him on the bed, "I said don't make a mess! This is Chanyeol's room and these are his things!"

"We were helping." piped up Tao who was holding up a wrinkled shirt, "See, helping!"

"mmpgh asghl aaag at!" yelled Sehun who smacked Kris's hands away from his head

"Sehun, that is not a toy." chided Kris gently, trying to take the hat away but pulled away when Sehun screamed

"It's fine," insisted Chanyeol with a grin "He looks cute. Sehunnie looks very cute in hyung's hat and shoes." 

"...rrshgh maha engat!" said Sehun with a huff and hopping off the bed to walk to Chanyeol, holding his arms out "...mmup!"

"Isn't Tao cute too, hyung?" pouted Tao looking up at Chanyeol sadly, as the older man picked up Sehun and gave him a kiss on the cheek 

"Tao is always cute," smiled Chanyeol cooing for effect, pleased when Tao's pouting face turned to a bright smiling one "Tao is Chanyeolie's cute baby!"

"You spoil them too much," muttered Kris as he got off the bed picked up Tao from the bed

"I am their god-father, that's my right." defended Chanyeol, nuzzling his face into Tao's cheek earning a giggle "And also their-"

"Not in front of them Chanyeol." interrupted Kris, giving him a look 

"Right, sorry," apologized Chanyeol with a half smile, "So why don't you guys go play in your room while I put everything away?" he said, hoping to change the subject 

"But I want to play with rrrrlllllkuma bear," pouted Tao as he pointed to the bear on the bed

"Tell you what," said Kris suddenly, "why don't you take the bear outside and show him the backyard with Sehunnie while I make you a snack."

"Okay!" agreed Tao happily, squirming out of his dad's arms and pulling on Sehun's sock "Let's go outside 'Hunnie! We can play with rrrrkkuma bear!"

"It's Rilakkuma," corrected Chanyeol, as he put Sehun on the floor and taking the hat off of him as he did so, "You guys be careful with him okay? That's hyung's favorite bear okay?"

The two toddlers didn't say a word to him as they ran out of the room both holding onto the bear their father had given them. Chanyeol smiled as he heard them shouting and laughing down the hallway.

"Be careful!" shouted Kris but sighed in defeat when he heard a loud crash and Sehun screaming in excitement, "I better go and make sure they don't break something important or you know, start a fire." he finished with a run of his fingers through his hair, "Call if you need me."

"Sure, sure," nodded Chanyeol, "go make sure they don't terrorize the dog."

"M'kay," replied Kris quietly, "I'll let you know when it's dinner time." he added as he stopped by the door

"Go, Kris," smiled Chanyeol "I'm fine."

Kris awkwardly nodded his head and left the room, shouting for Sehun and Tao to stay on the back porch since they didn't have any shoes on him. Chanyeol could hear Tao shouting 'Okay!' from downstairs. He turned around and looked at he tornado that the two 2 year olds wrecked upon his room. Rolling his shoulders back, groaning at his back popping Chanyeol started picking up the mess on his floor. 

Humming quietly to himself, Chanyeol would smile from time to time when he heard Sehun's tinkling laughter or Tao's boisterous laugh, or when he heard Kris shouting for them to be careful or not to do something slightly naughty like stepping off the porch or trying to ride Rourou like a horse. As he was putting away the last of his hats into the drawer, Tao came running into his room knocking over his guitar case. Thankfully it was empty. Tao ran to him grabbing his hand saying that they were having pizza for dinner. Chanyeol carefully picked up the case and followed the toddler out the room who was already running down the stairs shouting to his father that he had got Chanyeol.
*

Kris was walking up the stairs when he heard Chanyeol's low voice coming from the twin's bedroom. As quietly as he could, he walked over to the slightly open door and peeked inside. Chanyeol was sitting on the floor with his knees brought up, a book in his lap. Tao was laying on his bed curled up on his side, trying his best to keep his eyes open. Sehun was already fast asleep, with his hands holding onto Chanyeol's arm that was extended out for the toddler to hold. Chanyeol expertly turned the page of the picture book and kept on reading, unaware that Kris was staring at him through the crack in the door. 

"'What did you write in the letter?'" read Chanyeol outloud "'Said Frog I wrote 'Dear Toad, I am glad you are my best friend. Your best friend Frog.'"

Chanyeol paused and looked to the left side and saw Tao snoring softly with his mouth slightly open, his blanket hanging off the bed. Closing the book, Chanyeol got on his knees and tugged the blanket off the side and gently laid it over the sleeping baby. He then gently pried Sehun's hands off his arms, standing up when he was finally free. Kris slowly opened the door and held up the red and blue sippy cups he had rushed down to get for Sehun and Tao before bedtime. 

"They fell asleep after the five pages I read them," whispered Chanyeol as he took the blue cup and placed it near the edge of Sehun's bed so the toddler could reach for it if he woke up thirsty

"Thanks," mumbled Kris, "I got caught up trying to finish the dishes and cleaning up the bathroom after their bath that I forgot about reading to them before bed."

"It's okay, Kris," insisted Chanyeol "I didn't mind. Besides, it's been awhile since I read 'Frog and Toad Are Friends'."

"It's one of the books we got them for Christmas last year," whispered Kris softly looking down at Tao and smiling at him with a faraway look

"We should get them more books," nodded Chanyeol as he ruffled Sehun's hair gently, "My mom use to read poetry to me before I went to bed. I'll ask her if she has some of my old books."

Kris nodded his head and gently pushed the other man out of the toddlers room, he stopped abruptly and tapped Chanyeol on the shoulder. 

"Check this out." he whispered and flicked the light switched, smiling when he heard Chanyeol gasp.

When the lights turned off the entire darken ceiling was filled with many tiny white lights scattered across the room, some in small clusters while others gently reflected baby blues and pink, making the room transform into a tiny galaxy.

"Wow," breathed Chanyeol in awe, "Thats awesome. I want one for my room."

Kris clamped his mouth shut to keep him from laughing, he knew Chanyeol was going to say something like that. It was like his best friend to want something that was meant for a child. Rolling his eyes, Kris gently pushed Chanyeol out of the room and closed the door leaving it slightly open just in case one of them (mostly Sehun) woke up from a bad dream. Once they were out of the room did Kris turn to face him

"If your a good boy, I'll buy you one." said Kris with a fatherly smile

"Wow really?" asked Chanyeol excitedly

"No, go buy yourself one." said Kris bluntly

"Boo you !" huffed Chanyeol, before he grinned at the taller man "Hey wanna go watch some TV and drink some wine."

"No." replied Kris stiffly, "It's late and I have to get up early and get the boys up for day care and I go back to work tomorrow."

"Oh yeah," said Chanyeol quietly "I forgot about that."

"You can go watch TV if you want," offered Kris, "It's your house too ya know."

"Nah, I'll probably go to bed too," replied Chanyeol, tucking his hands into his pockets "I need to go do a few things in the morning."

"Okay, then." nodded Kris as he awkwardly swung his arms at his side,"I-I'll say good night then..."

"...Do you wanna-"

"What?"

"....Want a hug?" asked Chanyeol with a small grin extending his arms out for the older

"....."

"C'mon Kris, its just a hug," sighed Chanyeol but still maintaining his patience, "Married people hug each other."

There was a minute of awkward silence before Kris let out a soft sigh, and walked back to where Chanyeol was standing and lightly wrapped his arms around him. Chanyeol gently wrapped his arms around Kris's shoulders gently patting him on the back. He inwardly smiled when he felt his hug being reciporcated with Kris resting his head on his shoulder. Kris was the first to break away from the hug. 

"Good-night then," he said quietly

"Night," said Chanyeol gently

Chanyeol slowly walked to his room but stopped when he got to the door, he looked back and waited for Kris to open his door on the opposite side of the hallway and walk into his room. Chanyeol sighed and went into his room. 

Day one living with Kris. Done.
*



I already had 12 Subscriptions...and I only had the description written out!!!
You guys ROCK!!!
This is one of 3 stories I am planning to release the next few weeks. 
I have been wanting to write a family KrisYeol story for quite some time now. It's still a little too soon for me to write a MPreg story so, I decided to make one with an already prestarted family. (I was going to make Chanyeol the father and Kris the best friend...but Kris looks like the father type already XDD Sorry Chanyeol~!)
If its confusing right now, don't worry! It will make sense as the story unfolds.