0-I

Super Man (one-shot)

 

The air, frosty and white, clamped around him like an Invisibility Cloak pressing the cold inwards against his skin as he carefully checked the rusty iron gates. Then, in one clean move, he manoeuvred his statuesque frame over them landing with a soft thud .He dusted his hands with satisfaction.

 

But despite his slick appearance, the tiny beads of sweat meandering down his back and neck, seeping into his designer suit gave away that the mission was far from safe or over.

 

‘Great! There goes another grand! And it’s my Gucci limited edition too!’he complained inaudibly.

(after every mission, he always complained of how he was flushing his money down the drain buying expensive suits but all he had to do was watch a James Bond movie and there would be one more suit in his closet)

 

The timer in his ear was ticking - immediately his eyes grew alert; darting around to survey the area in a trained manner.

There were only three rules in his line of work: “Never let your guard down","always follow protocol" and the most important -"Get the job done or die trying."  

=============================================================

The location was the parking lot of a dilapidated warehouse about forty minutes from the city. No sound, no lights, no cars, no humans – ‘Looks like I’m going to live another day,’ he said to himself silently.

 

Now all he had to do was search the warehouse, pick up some evidence, plant some video cameras and he might even make it home in time to play catch up with his bed for a few hours.

(ever since they had received the mission of investigating the nation’s top politician-by-day and drug dealer-by-night, neither he nor the rest of his team had time for trivial things like sleep)

 

He pressed his hand against the gun in his holster – just in case – before peering around the corner. The mist was still acting like a veil making it harder for him to see but easier for him to hide so he forged ahead. According to the prints that Kyuhyun, their internet expert/hacker, had e-mailed him, the warehouse entrance was towards the back, hidden behind the giant dumpsters.

‘So far so good.’

Usually he would have Kyuhyun or Leeteuk (aka Batman), the team leader, communicating with him through his earpiece but tonight the team was busy creating a distraction at the politician’s mansion to buy him some time.

 

He checked his watch – 2:21 am.

 

“5,4,3--

 

 

 

All of a sudden, the hair on the back of his neck stood erect. His ears picked up the shuffle of feet on the other side of the wall but still a fair distance away. 

‘Damn! This is bad.’

He had to get those devices implanted no matter what so it meant taking out whoever was on the other side, if needed. He sighed internally, taking his gun out with heavy hands. He hated mindless killing which was ironic considering his job choice and the fact that--

 

A light breeze brushed past him abruptly feezing his thought in time.

 

He froze.

This was worse.

Way worse.

 

The moment the scent hit his senses the scene around him seemed to slowly dissipate into a cloud of smoke. A clash of two worlds. Everything was swirling around, closing in on him on all sides until suddenly, he wasn’t there anymore.

Through the whirpool tunnel, images sprang to his mind – a pair of smiling eyes, slender manicured fingers, a rosy swollen mouth,  the elegant curve of a neck, hair that shimmered like gold in the sunlight.

(It was getting kind of hard to breathe)

Then, he was on a rooftop overlooking Seoul, with her.

 

“Oppa look! It’s gorgeous, isn’t it?”

She was lying on her back, her dark brown eyes wide in awe taking in the sight of the glittering sky.

“Yea.. definitely,” he answered - his breath a little short and eyes never leaving her face.

Who needed stars in the sky when there was a real person shining even more brightly right beside him?

 

“Oh my god!” she giggled catching his gaze out of the corner of her eye, “Are you being a greaseball again?”

“Hey! That hurts,” he took her hand entwining their fingers together, admiring how the diamond on her ring finger sparkled just like her eyes and pulled her closer, “I think you should make it up to me!”

“Really? What did you have in mind?”

He closed his eyes – her mischievous smile the last image in his mind – and lowered his lips to hers. He could taste the cherry from her lip gloss, strawberries that they had eaten earlier and a hint of--

 

“Hyoyeonnie, dear? Does Siwon want some coffee? I’m just putting the pot on!”

 

The pair quickly broke apart, gasping for air, at the sound of Mrs. Kim’s voice.

“Mian oppa,” she apologized sheepishly. She could tell he was frustrated – this was probably the twentieth time her parents had run interference. They deserved an award for having the worst timing or being the biggest wet blankets at some National Parents Convention or something - not that they disliked or distrusted Siwon though; the Kims were just overly protective of their only daughter.

“It’s ok,” he mumbled against the smooth skin at the base of her neck. “I’m happy just to lie here next to you.”

 

Cheerful dancing fireworks erupted in her chest. How she had managed to snag the most handsome and perfect sunbae in their University, she had never understood.

‘Maybe I was a saint in my past life!’ she grinned and dropped a kiss on his forehead.

“Hyo..”

“Mmmm..?”

“What perfume do you use?”

“What?” Her laughter tickled his face. “Why?”

“You’re going to think I’m weird so just tell me..”

“It’s a secret for you to figure out, Mr. Chemistry wiz! But want to know another one?” her voice dropped to a whisper and she leaned towards his ear,“I’m the only one you'll find with this perfume in the whole world.”

 

=====================================================================================================

A/N it turned out too long so i split it into two.

did you guess it was going to be Siwon too? :))