Chapter 2

This is Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jimin’s POV

 

“There you are! Where have you been?” I called out when Taehyung finally appeared before me, panting.

“Huff… Wait, let me catch my breath.” He let out a few short breaths.

I waited patiently for him to speak.

“Hey sorry I’m late. I was at the admin’s office.”

“Admin’s office? How come?”

“Oh there was this new guy who wanted to go there. So, I took him there.”

“You actually went all the way there to show him the place? Why didn’t you just tell him the directions?”

“He might get lost.”

What?

“Okay. I’m intrigued. Who is this guy that you went out of your way to help him reach the admin’s office?”

“What? No, it’s no big deal.”

“Are you serious now? Taehyung, I know you. You never help anyone who isn’t close to you!”

He remained silent for some time.

“Well?” I asked curiously.

“I don’t know. I just felt like helping him.”

That’s weird. My friend is not acting normal here. Whoever this guy is, I have to meet him.

“Okay.” I did not push for details. Just yet.

We played soccer only for a short while, thanks to someone. We rushed to our class as soon as the school bell rang.

_________________________________________________________________________________

 

Lunch break. But I still wasn’t lucky enough to get any new info on this ‘special’ guy that Taehyung had met. Taehyung insisted that he was just helping out the boy being a senior. But still, it had never happened before. And I knew this wasn’t something ordinary.

Nope. There’s no way you’re fooling me, Tae.

“Still not gonna tell me?” I asked pouting, as we sat in the cafeteria.

“There is nothing to tell.”

“At least tell me his name.”

“I don’t remember.”

Liar.

It’s written all over his face that he clearly remembers every single detail about the boy.

“Fine. Don’t. I’m still going to find out. No matter what it takes, I will find out. And then, things won’t be easy for you. Hahaha…” I said mimicking a devil’s laugh.

Before he could answer, his phone began vibrating.

“Yeoboseyeo?”

“Yeah, I’m in the cafeteria. Why?”

“Sure. Okay.”

He smiles as he aborts the call and picks up the menu.

“Was that..?”

“Yeah. Taehee is coming. Let’s see, what should I order for her?”

I was barely paying attention to what he was saying after the first sentence. Taehee is coming. My heart was beating like crazy. I excused myself to go to the washroom. Once I was there, I took a few deep breaths, splashed some water over my face and calmed my mind. And heart.

After my heartbeat sort of returned to its normal pace, I went back to our table. She wasn’t there yet.

I sat in my chair and gulped down a glass of water. I wanted to see her. It had been a long time since we last met. But I was also nervous. Much like I always was when she was around.

Yes. I was in love. With my best friend’s sister.

“Oppa~!”

I heard her cheerful voice a few minutes later as she came running to our table. I turned in my chair to look at her.

How can she be so beautiful?

“Oppa, how could you leave me and come this morning?” she started complaining to her brother.

Taehyung smiled as he got up from his chair to ruffle her hair. “I am sorry Taehee-ya, you know how it is when I come at the usual time. I really need some tranquillity in my life. Sorry sweetheart.”

“Yeah alright,” she said with a pout. “I understand.”

Taehyung gave his sister a quick hug. “Let’s go home together in the evening.”

“Oh I can’t, oppa.”

“Why?”

“I made a new friend today. He’s new to Seoul. So, I promised him I would show him our city.” She said smiling brightly.

He?

Okay. I admit it. I’m jealous. It’s not her fault. She’s generally amicable with everyone. But you don’t need to have super powers to figure out that every guy in our school wants to be more-than-friends with her. Yeah well, including me.

“Alright. Just be careful. And call me every three hours.” Protective big brother in action.

She nodded.

“I actually thought of bringing him here to meet you. But he was wanted in the principal’s office. So, I’ll introduce you next time. He’s a great guy.”

“Sure.”

She smiled before finally looking at me.

“Oh, Jimin oppa is here too? Annyeong,” she said with a wave.

“Ah hi, Taehee,” I said casually not to show the nervousness in my voice.

“I’ll go get our drinks,” Taehyung said before running to the counter.

Taehee took a seat next to me. After a few awkward seconds, I decided to start a small conversation in order to calm my crazy heart.

“Um, so…”

She

Please log in to read the full chapter