Chapter 2: That Night

Complicated (love)Life of Moon Byul Yi

"Hello. Earth to Byul. Hello."

Yongsun look to what Moonbyul's looking, in nothing, well most likely trees. They are in the school field, sitting quietly in the grass because their last subject professor gave them time to make they're own performance in this coming music festival and these two best friends are using their time very well - that they don't have any song to sing in the festival. She waved her hand infront of the other girl but no avail. Weird. And it makes her worry, it is very unusual to Moonbyul to spaced out especially when she is with her. When that happens, Moonbyul has a serious problem.

"Moonbyul? Moon byul yi? Byulie? Moonstar? Yah Byulkong!" This time the older girl shouted at her. And thank god, her Byulkong snaped out of her thoughts and turned to Yongsun.

"Ouch, my ear. What's with the shouting?"

"Sorry. Are you okay? You spaced out like fifteen minutes there." You know that Yongsun is very worried by just listening to her question. And it makes Moonbyul guilty for not paying attention to Yongsun.

"Oh? My Yongkong is worried about me?" Moonbyul lay down to Yongsun's lap while playing to the latter's chubby cheeks.

"NO, I'm not. Aish." Yongsun responded while crossing her arms which the other found it cute. Sulking Yongsun is a cute Yongsun, she thought.

"Aigoo, I'm fine. Its just that I don't know what to do when I meet her. I mean, its tonight and I'm not ready. Argh!" Moonbyul have so much frustration in her mind right now, and all she can do is to rant and whine in front of her best friend which look so confused right now. Moonbyul suddenly sit up and pull her hair to release some stress.

"Wait a minute. Calm down, who is 'her' you are going to meet? And tonight? Its our family dinner right?"

"Yeah family dinner of ours PLUS the Jungs. Ahh what do I do?" The taller girl emphasized the word plus, stating a fact that it is not just them who will be there. She panics and feesl anxious even just the thought of it.

"So what with that? Yah! Is there something you didn't tell me?" Yongsun punch Moonbyul's arm like she's offended that her bestfriend didn't tell anything about whatever it is. And with that, the anxiousness that Moonbyul felt earlier change into slight scared one. Scared like she's caught cheating in her girlfriend. But when she look to Yongsun with a puffed cheeks, eye brows are knitted but still cute.

"You're cute."

"Yah! It's weird! It's not what I want to hear."

"Hahahaha. Its like i didn't tell you anything, you don't ask something about it." Moonbyul said back, smiling at the grumpy child.

"So, tell me about it." Yongsun asked as if she deserve to know, because she's her bestfriend. And no secret between them. Yeah I deserve to know.

"Krystal 'Soojung' Jung is my childhood friend and that's pretty much it." Short yet meaningful answer that makes Yongsun unexpectedly uneasy.

"So, what if she's just your childhood friend? You don't have to be so nervous infront of her." Yongsun advices the once again anxious little hamster in front of her.

"Argh! I can't explain it. I'm always extremely nervous when she's here." Eventhough she slightly knows what Moonbyul feels because she, herself, knows what it feels like. But instead of giving her again an advice, stating the obvious is what she said. 

"Okay you're freaking me out. You're weird. By the way, my driver is here so I can't walk with you. Bye. See you later."

---------------------------------------------

1.. 2.. 3 hours have passed really fast for Moonbyul. Nervously walking around her living room as she waited for her brother to pick her up. Wearing a formal classic black and white suit showing her charismatic and handsome side, maybe too boyish for a girl but that her style. Don't judge.

They arrived in the restaurant that the Kim Family own. After some minute, one by one, the family members arrive and the last are the Jungs. Moonbyul can't take her eyes off a certain tall, flawless, absolutely beautiful girl walking on the isle towards them. There's also another girl stare or should I say glare to a certain brunette that is busy looking to her childhood friend.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Moon and Mr. and Mrs. Kim. Thank you for inviting us." A good looking guy in her 40's bow towards the other parents. 

"Don't need to be formal, have a seat. Be comfortable and just order what you want." Mr. Kim gladly offered.

The dinner went well excluding the akward glances of Moonbyul to a certain black haired girl, named Krystal and sharp and deadly glare from Yongsun to a certain numb named Byul.

"So, Moonbyul how are you? This girl right here can't stop talking about you or checking about you." A middle aged woman with an michievous look teased.

"Umma." Krystal coughed suddenly to interrupt her mother with a flushed face.

"Ahh, I'm fine. Mrs. Ju- I mean Auntie Jung." Knowing that the middle aged woman doesn't want too much formality especially between their families she consider them - the Jungs - as their blood related family. That's close they are.

"Have you lost contact to each other? Krystal is always, almost everyday, ask me about you when I went to Korea last week" Jessica Jung, a girl with a cold aura joined the conversation.

"Unnie! I'm not." This time Krystal whine a little louder which make the blonde girl chuckle. Childish Jung as ever. She thought and not so aware to the other person who has a confusion, envy?, sad? expression in her eyes while looking to the oh-so-happy Byul beside her.

"Umm. It's not that Jessica unnie, I think we are just too busy since we're are in the university now." Moonbyul replied as she rubbed her nape in shyness because she feels Krystal's gaze to her seat. Maybe not only Krystal's.

"Byulie introduce your friend to us. I don't know Taeyeon has a little sister. It feels like she's too quiet this whole dinner."

Moonbyul turn her gaze to Yongsun. Realizing that the other girl is spacing out she extend her hand reaching Yongsun's. 

"Hey are you okay?" Moonbyul said. Full of worry is evident in her tone. But the latter gained her conciousness when she a hand touching hers and eyes .

" O-oh? Oh! Hello, I'm Kim Yongsun, but you can call me Solar, Moonbyul's best friend. Nice to meet you." Solar said as she extends her arms.

"Hello Solar ssi, I'm Jessica Jung. Nice to meet you too." A shorter girl one of the siblings accepts the gesture and introduced herself also.

"Hello, I'm Krystal Jung. Nice to meet you too." Just by hearing the tone of her voice you can feel the coldness around. Since Moonbyul is a bit dumb for her smart brain, she just shrugged the intense staring game between the Moonbyul's two friends that Jessica, Taeyeon, and Minhyuk can only feel it .

Moonbyul excuses herself and went to the restroom leaving the three 'oldies' in this akward atmosphere between the two. It became more akward when the two stand up coincidentally at the same time.

"I need to-" "May I excu-"

They looked at each other, and you can feel the lightning forming between their eyes. Kim Taeyeon, Solar's unnie, break the tension as she allows the two to go to the restroom.

"Ooh Akward~~" Minhyuk throws a joke letting the tension ease in their place as the those two ladies make their own way to the restroom.

"Is it just me or those two want to fight at each other anytime right now?" Jessica comments and followed by Taeyeon.

"Call me in Jess. It feels like they want to kill each other."

Meanwhile, in the fightingroom - I mean restroom. Moonbyul is calmly washes her hands and have no idea what just happened in the dining area. She startled once she heard a voice calling her name.

"Hey Byulkong!" She sighed in relief when knew it is just Solar.

"Oh Yongkong why?"

"Nothing I just want you to know that we have a practice tommorow in our house, right? Right? Byul?- hey are you listening to me?" Solar realizes that Moonbyul is spaced out again. She looked around and didn't remember that the girl go to the restroom too.

"Hi Krystal."

Solar looked at Moonbyul and feel irritated because once again Moonbyul is not paying attention to her, which is very not so her, a greasy and clingy Byul she knew.

"Hello, Byulie Unnie." The younger girl bow and proceed to a cubicle.

"So, you're saying again?"

Moonbyul looked at Solar who is currently harshly washing her hands to the point Moonbyul is feel a water splashing in her face.

"Hey, calm down a bit."

"Oh, you're here? I'm sorry I didn't know. I got to go." Solar said while she wipe her hands and walked to the door.

"Hey wait up!"

What did I do?

As soon they reached the table, the dinner meeting is almost done. The parents are shaking their hands to each other like they already have a deal, things like that. After a minute, they bid their goodbyes to each other.

"Uncle Kim, can I have a time with Yongsun this night." Moonbyul asked permission to Solar's father. She really wants to know what she did why Solar acting that way.

"I'm sorry Moonbyul, its already late. Just talk to her tommorow."

"Sure. Thank you Uncle." Maybe I can talk to her tommorow

"Sure, no problem." The older man ruffled her hair and go to their own car while Moonbyul waving her hands bidding her goodbye. She walked in MInhyuk's car since Minhyuk said that he will ride home together with their parents. 

"Moonbyul Unnie" Krystal's there waiting for Moonbyul, cool breeze touches her bare skin that makes her shiver.

"Oh Soojung, what are you doing here? I thought you already left." Like a gentlewoman she Moonbyul is, she offered her vest and covered it to Krystal

"Minhyuk Oppa said that I will ride home together with you."

"Wait, in my aparment, you? me?" Wait a minute...

Flashback

The Moon siblings are on their way to the restaurant.

"Byulie, can I ask you a favor? actually it's not a favor but a resopnsibility." Minhyuk said with a serious voice which make the other curious.

"What it is Oppa?" It makes her more nervous than she already was because of this conversation.

"Krystal will stay at your dorm in two days."

"Oh sure. Is that all?" After 10 seconds of sinking the thought of what just Minhuk said.

"WAIT, WHAT? Krystal and me in the same roof?! NO WAY!" Minhyuk stepped the break, so shock because of Moonbyul sudden rais of voice.

"Hey, don't do that. We might get into an accident because of you." Her brother scolded her because of her careless action.

"I'm sorry, but Oppa I don't want! Doesn't she an apartment around here?"

"She will have and she need two days to find a place near the school, since your apartment is near at the school, they decided that she will stay with you. Besides, you and krystal are friends right?"

"Aish, its like I have a choice." Moonbyul sighed defeatedly, when it comes to her argument with her brother she always lose. Its like the way her brother speak are very convincing, that why he is the dean in our school. Minhyuk interrupts her thought when he said that there's another option.

"What it is?" Hint of hope is evident in her voice.

"Let her sleep outside, on the street specifically."

"Yah! It's not even an option!"

"You still takes care of her, huh?" Minhyuk asked all of a sudden which make his little sister think then sighed after she know what her answer is.

"Yes, yes I am"

End of Flashback

"I remember now. Come in. Let's go home, it's already late." Moonbyul said and opened the door for Krystal.

Its gonna be a tough day tommorow.

-----------------------------------------------------------

An update!

I'm sorry if it takes too long. Hope you like it. ;)