#2

Wealthy, Dirty and Lovely

Wendy swallowed hard as she put her hands on her thighs. The awkward silence was killing her and everyone in the room was holding back their breath. 

"I just can't believe that you would do that to your own daughter." Finally, Wendy broke the silence. They just fought and well, mother Son decided to sell her daughter to a strange family just to have some great business connections. That was what Wendy saw, at least. To the lady and her husband, they wanted her daughter to get married because from what they observed, she had been dying to find a good man and they knew just the man like that. Also, the great business connections was correct anyway. However, the news they received in the morning wasn't exactly what they expected from the perfcet man they found and Wendy could undrestand that. "I'm 21 years old, too young to get married. I am going to tell the Nam family by myself."

"Please, Wendy, mom and dad worked really hard to arrange this perfect relationship." Joy, her sister, also supported the parents' idea. "Oh, now you are taking their side as well?" Wendy grumbled. "This isn't some kind of war, Wendy." Joy sighed at her stubborn sister. Knowing Wendy, she was caring and fun-loving but of course, being stubborn was also her speciality. "I'm not picking sides, I'm thinking about your futur–"

"Mr. Son, Mrs. Son, the Nam family has arrived!" They heard their maid calling out and Wendy knew her life would officially be done here. 

The moment she saw the family, the father who looked like a serious business man like her father and the woman with expensive accessories on her body looked so much like her mother. Adults, she thought, even though she was also an adult. The parents shook hands and smiled happily at each other, they talked, and the was a tall young man behind them. He looked like he was around her age, dark hair with bangs parted to both sides, pale skin and although he had a faint smile on his face, he still looked cold but strangely... handsome, and he had this elegent aura of a rich person and Wendy certainly wouldn't want to be with him. She knew who he was just by the look. The Nam family's gold, the one she was going to marry. 

Sadly, Wendy would stop this marriage by herself. No matter what Joy and her parents said. 

They all sat around the table and the food was brought out, of course, she was impressed, the guy's replies to her parents were intelligent and well-manered. He was such a parents pleaser. Wendy couldn't take her eyes off him, though. She was not attracted to him, she was observing to find a weakness of the guy. Was he really perfect like what her parents said? 

"Well... Why don't we talk about Wendy now? She looks worried all the time, ahah!" Suddenly, Mr. Nam smiled at Wendy and she looked away the guy with widened eyes. "Y-Yes, Mr. Nam?" 

"Imagine a day when she calls you father-in-law instead of Mr.Nam, ohoho!" Mrs. Nam chuckled as well and everyone seemed to like it a lot, even Joy. Well, Wendy forced herself to smile as well. "So, you probably have heard about our son's incident this moring. The news were everywhere." Mrs. Nam spoke after she drunk the glass of champange. "We apologize about that, but that wasn't our son."

"....That wasn't your son?" Both the Son family spoke at the same time, except Wendy. She only hung open, confused. Ws that his doppleganger then?! "Oh, I mean, that was our son but that was Nam Mino, not Nam Taehyun." Wendy moved her gaze to the guy, so his name was Nam Taehyun. She then looked at Joy again and she remained silent, avoided Wendy's gaze. That was strange but Wendy listened to Mr. and Mrs. Nam as they continued. "Mino was really stubborn and reckless, he rarely hangs out with his friends and yesterday he went out and perhaps he went overboard a bit, and not many people know that he's also our son.. Only know about Taehyun so that's why things are that bad. But we already informed the media, we are hoping that they would fix this."

"But... then Mino is going to take responsiblity all by himself." Wendy blinked and Taehyun stared at the girl. However, she didn't know that. 

"No, Wendy, they are going to say they have taken the wrong person. Someone else that isn't related to all of us. However, worrying your family member is a good thing to do." Mr. Nam chuckled and her parents looked at her happily. "So... I know that this is such a sudden but unlike those K-Dramas my wife watches, Wendy seems to be ok with this? Just like Taehyun, too!"

"Well, Wendy is ok with everything in this world!" Her mother joked and everyone laughed. "Mom..." Wendy hesitated. "I'm sorry, but...

I don't really want to be a part of this arranged married." 

".....Wendy?" Her mother raised her eyebrows and everyone remained silent, even Nam Taehyun as he looked at her with amazement. "I think there's a misunderstood, we talked and she agreed to meet Taehyun." Her mother quickly solved the troubled situation and Wendy tried her best no to roll her eyes. 

"That's my sister! She is... full of surprises!" Joy grinned. "Maybe she's just being shy, don't want to imagine her dream is coming true." 

"Dream? Oh.. That's cute." Mrs. Nam chuckled. 

"Well, that's what Joy thinks, not me." Wendy smiled gently. "Well then, Joy, if this looks like a dream coming true to you, why don't you take this opportunity and marry Taehyun? I'm sure you're going to have a great time, be happy for your sister." She took Joy's hand in hers and Joy widened her eyes. The whole table looked at them with awkwardness and Joy hesitated. "Wendy, I, um... I..." 

"Wendy, you really are shy, aren't you?"

"Again, that's what Joy thinks, not...me...." Finally, Wendy realized who just talked. It wasn't one of the older but it was Nam Taehyun himself. They locked eyes and Wendy held back her breath.

Well, she wasn't expected that.


another short chapter, i promise the next chapter will be more interesting and longer ~ :D