#1

Wealthy, Dirty and Lovely

"Yah, Son Sooyoung, where in the heaven did you leave my jacket at?" It was nine in the morning and Wendy was in a rush. Her hair was still messy and her makeup wasn't done yet so she was running down the stairs while brushing her hair and yelling her sister's name. She was late for her date. 

Son Sooyoung, or rather known as Joy, was typing something on her phone and chuckled when she saw the image of Wendy. "It's not like you only have one jacket, come on." 

"But that jacket is my favorite jacket! I only have like ten jackets, unlike you!" Rich people, you say? 

"Fine! It's not like I was trying to steal or something, tho." Joy rolled her eyes as she sat up and walked into her room. Wendy sighed and noticed what was on Joy's phonescreen. Normally, she wouldn't be a little brat like Joy but they were sisters so nothing would matter if they knew each other's secrets, right? She slowly approached Joy's phone and the younger sister was still complaining. "Aish! Where did I even leave it?! Unnie! Just take a random one, can't you?"

"No can." said Wendy, those texts really made her surprised. "Future youngest CEO of South Korea caught hanging out at the club...? Oh, they were talking about the Nams, aren't they?" Wendy remembered the first time she met the Nam family and there were two boys, looking grumpily just like Joy when their parents talked to her. But they were quite young back then so after heaving the meal, Wendy and Joy just dashed away to do their own girl things while the boys, surprsingly, still sat at the table with their heads high. Lately, they talked about the Nam family a lot as well. How Mr. Nam seemed to be sick and one of the boys had to be the heir, Wendy guessed the boy who the paparazzi took photos of in this article must not win the position. "Since when did Joy even get interested in these things? I thought she was only interested in beauty and k-pop boy bands." 

"There you go, unnie." Just when Wendy put Joy's phone down, the jacket was thrown at her face, covered her head and she heard Joy giggling a little. "Aish, this kid!" Wendy chuckled as she put the jacket away and fixed her hair. Why does my jacket smell like alcohol? Must be Joy's fault. "So I guess the future youngest CEO is going to be fired, huh?"

"Eh?" Joy blinked at quickly grabbed her phone on the table. "Y-Yeah! That's too bad, right?" 

"Joy? Why are you suttering?"

"I'm not, I just, I. Ugh! I am suttering!" Joy knew it was useless for her with this bad habit of lying to her sister. She sighed. "No, he's not gonna be fired and I'll make sure of that." Before Wendy spoke, Joy continued. "I was there with him at the club. We hang out with the same friends and yesterday was the first day we met. We had a conversation, he said he had to leave soon but I just pulled him back and we had a few drinks, then our friends danced until 3 in the morning and when we left the club, we noticed the paparazzi but it was too late." 

"You know our parents won't be happy if you get caught, especially by the paparazzi." Wendy narrowed her eyes and looked to her jacket. "Then that pretty much explained why my jacket smelled like alcohol." 

"I lied about my name, unnie." Joy smiled. "So they won't catch me. I was wearing a wig as well so if you look at those photos on the article then.. It's pretty much a red haired girl with two other girls and two guys and one of them was Nam Taehyun." 

"Nam Taehyun?" Wendy had to take her own phone out and checked. 

"Yes. Don't tell me you don't know! He's hot, mysterious but luckily I scored a point in his eyes! He complimented your jacket so thank you, sis." 

"You... Dear god, Joy." Wendy rolled her eyes. "Does mysterioys men still exist because the last time I checked, they were on tv." 

"Unnie, you are gonna be late to your date."

Just when Joy finished her sentence, Wendy opened her eyes wide and screamed. "I'M LATE!" Then dashed away, leaving Joy giggling like an idiot in the living room. 

 

9:25am. 

Son Wendy arrived at the mall and looked around to find her date. Oh, right. She and her friends went to a mixer yesterday and she found a guy she could like so her friends helped her set a date for them. He was still a university student like her but older than her one year old and he worked as a barista as well. The last time she got to know a guy, he tried to steal her bag and ran away with all the good impressions so this time, she had to be more be careful. 

All she wanted was a good romantic story without money involving but as her mother once said, "Everything is about money wehn you grow up."

"Wendy-ssi?" A voice called her name and she turned around to fine the guy yesterday. She was about to give him a bright smile but then she noticed the girl next to him, that girl was linking arms with him and seemed surprised to see her as well. "I thought you stood me up." The guy awkwardly said and the girl quickly let go of his arms. 

"I'm very sorry about that, some stuff happened lately so I was late." She made it all up. She made him wait for so long after all, she did feel guilty but did he just leave her to another girl? But... she totally get it. "I guess you already found a date, huh?"

"We were old friends in high school and we just met today." THe girl smiled. "And it seems like a rich girl stood him up and I tried to warn him about it but he just wouldn't listen and I told him they loved to make excuses for their wrong actions to make everything right." 

"YooAh, stop it." The guy rubbed his temples. "Wendy, I'm sorry, I thought we wouldn't happen but–"

"We won't. Your new girlfriend's got a point." Wendy looked at the girl with a hint of sadness and angriness as well. YooA looked away as she bit her lips and the guy was acting all awkwardly as he tried to pull her back into his world. "Goodbye, Donghae-ssi. It was great knowing you for a night." Just with that, she left.

Wendy didn't feel anything in her heart at all. The emptiness swallowed her and Wendy stopped by a coffee shop and took her phone out. "Wendy? Hey! How was your date with Donghae? Mine went really good!" It was Irene, her best friend and Wendy chuckled at how happy the girl was. "That's great, I"m happy for you! Mine went to a trashbin but I think I'm not feeling down or anything."

"Wait, what happened?" Irene sounded worried. 

"Well, I made him wait then he found a old friend and she talked bad about the rich people to him, perhaps made he change his mind then when we met, he tried to pull me back but I left." 

"Now that sounds like a good thing to do! But, are you sure you are not feeling down?" Irene sweetly spoke. 

"Yeah." Wendy looked at the couple sat in front of her. "I've experienced bad days enough to get over this day. Sorry, I've got another call–" She frowned as she looked at the phone to see her mother was calling. She swiped left and answered the call. "Hello, mom?" 

"Wendy! Get back home now and get ready for lunch!" 

"Um, mom it's still too early for lunch and I can't attend your lovely meetings with those professional people or anything. I've just got a bad thing to deal with." 

"No, it's nothing related to my lovely meetings with the best people in the world but yes, it is." Wendy narrowed her eyes and tried so hard not to interupt her mother. "It's a lovely lunch with the Nam family if you remember them?" 

"Oh, of course. I know who they are and we used to have dinner once." Wendy nodded her head. "But they just had a scandalous new this morning, are you sure it'd be a great idea to have some business with them? I don't want our family's name to be bashed or anything but I don't think relating to them is a good idea. Mom, Irene is waiting for me on the phone right now so if you please excuse me--"

"No! It's a serious conversation we are going to have btween the daughters and the sons!" 

"Ask Joy to do it?"

"Wendy, get back here right now. NOW. You are about to get married. MARRIED."

 

 

"Wendy?"

"Hey Irene, I'm sorry for kepping you waiting."

"It's alright, so was it Donghae? Apologizing?"

"No, it's my mom and I'm about to get married."

"...Hah???"


hello, i'm sorry the first chapter is so short TT but it's kinda like a prologue so!