Final

Young hearts

"Cat, can you please try to understand," Mingyu pleaded as Wonwoo stood in front of him, fuming with rage, "I was only joking; I didn't kiss you to make you upset."  

 
"You're not funny," Wonwoo snapped in response, "what you did, didn't make me upset; it disgusted me." 
 
Mingyu could feel tears building in his eyes and cowered at the thought of what Wonwoo might say next. 
 
"Kim Mingyu," Wonwoo said with an taunting smirk, "do you by any chance...like me?" 
 
Mingyu was too fearful to respond and just stood there; jaw clenched and teary eyed.
 
Wonwoo laughed devilishly before walking closer towards Mingyu and looking him in the eye.
 
"You, your feelings, your actions, and your entire existance, are shameful.  You told yourself you would never become attached to anyone, but look at you now.  You like, no, you love me and you've already lost me.  You'll lose the other boys too; you'll be all alone, just like you deserve to be." 
 
Mingyu's cheeks were drenched in his own tears and his hands were shaking uncontrollably.  Wonwoo began walking away and Mingyu knew that he was gone.  He had lost him.
 
~~~~ 
 
Mingyu woke up in a cold sweat and realized that real tears had formed and were dripping down his face.  It had been two weeks since he last saw Wonwoo and nightmares occurred every night.  Sometimes they were Wonwoo telling Mingyu he hated him and other times it was him rejecting his feelings.  Mingyu had always enjoyed dreams and tended to follow the things that happened in his dreams, but his mind had betrayed him and joy was no longer present in his slumber.  Because he followed his dreams so often, he was terrified to confront Wonwoo; he didn't want to be rejected.  He knew it would destroy him if Wonwoo rejected him, but not seeing Wonwoo was destroying him as well.  His emotions were overwhelmingly him and normal actions were becoming harder.  He didn't eat, he didn't play with the boys, he couldn't sleep because he was afraid of the nightmares, he was slowly becoming less of himself.  
 
The rest of the boys were asleep as Mingyu slowly got out of bed and stepped outside.  He took a shaky breathe, attempting to calm his heart from the dream.  He couldn't keep going like this; he missed Wonwoo so much, he needed to see him.  He had never let fear get the best of him before and he hated the fact that it was now.  He had always said that a positive though should come after an 'if' statement, but he kept thinking negative.  'What if he hates me?  What if he rejects me?  What if he never talks to me again?' These things flooded Mingyu's mind and he could feel his own thoughts strangling his heart; the heart that wanted Wonwoo so badly.  
 
"Get a hold of yourself, Mingyu," he muttered to himself as he ran his fingers through his hair.  He was done; he was done being scared and wouldn't do so anymore.  It was a week day and without giving himself another second to think about it, he walked to Wonwoo's school.  
 
It was still early in the morning so he reached the school as kids were just arriving.  He waited for a couple of minutes to see if he could spot Wonwoo, but couldn't find him.  He saw Jisoo walking towards the school and reluctantly walked to him.  Mingyu knew that Jisoo was a good guy; hanging out with Sungcheol gave him a bad name.
 
"Have you seen Ca- I mean Wonwoo," Mingyu asked as he walked beside Jisoo. 
 
"He hasn't been coming to school," Jisoo said while stopping to talk to Mingyu, "teachers said he could take as long as he needed for emotional healing." 
 
"Emotional healing from what?  What happened?" 
 
"Have you not talked to him lately?  I thought you guys were close." 
 
"We are..sort of...well...no, I haven't talked to him.  Is he okay?" 
 
"Mingyu, his grandma died a little over a week ago.  He's been a mess; Jihoon even made the other boys and I go to the funeral cause he felt so bad."  
 
"Sungcheol let you guys go to her funeral?" 
 
"Sungcheol got expelled and his family moved to go to a different school." 
 
Mingyu was in such a state of shock that he didn't even thank Jisoo for the information, before running off to Wonwoo's house.  His mind was so scrambled and he held so many thoughts that he couldn't even cry over Wonwoo's grandmothers death; he was simply worried about Wonwoo.  He ran to the apartment that Wonwoo once shared with his grandmother and knocked on the door.  Wonwoo didn't even ask who it was before opening the door, "Mingyu, w-why are you here?" 
 
"I'm here to talk to you," Mingyu said, he could see the pain in Wonwoo's eyes and it him more than it hurt Wonwoo, "can I come in?" 
 
Wonwoo opened the door without a word to let Mingyu in; he slowly walked over to a couch next to his grandma's chair to sit down and Mingyu sat next to him.
 
"I um," Mingyu was never one to stumble on his words, but so many things had changed lately that it didn't suprise him, "I heard about your grandmother....I'm so sorry." 
 
"It's not like it's your fault," Wonwoo said apathetically as he looked at the floor, "it's just the way things go.  People find things and people that make them happy, and they get ripped away from them." 
 
"You shouldn't think so negatively." 
 
"Maybe if I would've thought negatively this entire time, it would've been easier.  But you wouldn't dare let that happen." 
 
"W-what do you mean?" 
 
"When I meant you guys, I was so use to thinking negatively that I was almost numb to the feeling of sadness.  I felt nothing and if my grandma had died before I met you, I could've gotten over it.  But you showed me how to be happy, you told me to think positive and it ruined everything." 
 
"You're mad at me for making you happy?" 
 
"Yes," Wonwoo snapped as he looked towards Mingyu, "because, when all you know is pain, sadness isn't that bad, but when you know what it feels like to be happy.....it makes the sadness so much worse.  You're selfish!  If you were mean, if you treated me like Sungcheol did, I would've been fine, but you were nice.  You were more than nice, you're everything I could ever dream to have and you made me happy.  Why did you have to make me happy?"
 
Wonwoo's eyes were dripping with tears and Mingyu didn't know what to say.  There was a lump in his throat; he was afraid that if he swallowed it, he would choke.  Mingyu slowly wrapped his arms around Wonwoo's shaking body and held him as tight as he could.  Wonwoo buried his face into Mingyu's neck and gripped onto his shirt; a little tighter and he would've ripped it.  He was sobbing loudly and Mingyu shared his pain by crying with him.  Mingyu couldn't stand himself; he had made Wonwoo this way.  He was responsible for the pain that tore through Wonwoo's heart.  
 
Wonwoo slowly steadied his breathing and pulled away so that he could speak, "that day when I spent the night in the cabin....I had a dream my grandma died.  You always talk about how important dreams are and I knew it was going to happen so I was trying to prepare myself, but then you woke me up and made me happy.  Then I tried to stop being happy so it wouldn't hurt...but then you kissed me and.....I can't be sad when I'm around you.....that's why I haven't talked to you.  I was preparing myself, but it still hurts....it hurts so bad..." 
 
"Wonwoo," Mingyu said with a shaking voice, "I know that happiness makes sadness worse, but sadness makes happiness better.  You have to know what it's like to be sad before you're happy, and when you've felt sadness, well the happiness feels a lot better afterwards.  It's like falling down really hard, but getting up and jumping with more power than that of which you fell.  It's bad right now, but I swear it'll be good soon and that good will make you feel like the bad didn't even exist." 
 
"Do you really think that?" 
 
"I do and I'll do my best to make you happy.  I will try my absolute hardest to keep a smile on your face." 
 
Wonwoo pulled Mingyu into his arms and took a deep breath, "you don't have to try to make me smile; it just comes naturally.  If you were to stay with me for an eternity, I know I wouldn't shed a single tear except ones to remind you how happy you make me."
 
"Cat......I love you." 
 
"I love you too, Mingyu."
 
"I guess I can't always trust dreams," Mingyu said with a chuckle. 
 
"What do you mean," Wonwoo responded as he pulled away. 
 
"I've been having a lot of dreams where you say that you hate me or you just leave me." 
 
"Well, I think my dream that my grandma died, was to prepare me for her actual death.  Maybe those dreams were to prepare you for if I did hate you, but that could never happen.  I couldn't hate you if I tried." 
 
"Wow, you're really impressive.  Most people hate me without even trying." 
 
Wonwoo laughed and gave Mingyu a playful push before hugging him again.  They spent a while together before walking to the cabin.   
 
"Hello," Chan waved enthusiastically upon seeing the two, "we were about to go looking for you if you didn't come back soon.  Good to see you again Wonwoo!" 
 
"Hello Chan," Wonwoo responded with a smile.   
 
Jeonghan walked over to Mingyu and whispered in his ear, "so.....are you and Wonwoo together now?  Like, you know.....a thing?" 
 
Mingyu blushed for the first time in a long time, "I guess so." 
 
"YAY!" 
 
Jeonghan jumped around happily while the other boys assumed what he had just confirmed.  
 
"Cat," Mingyu said as he turned towards the mentioned, "I am formally asking you to live in this cabin with me and those other annoying guys that you'll have to deal with if you accept."
 
Wonwoo teased a bit by tapping his finger on his chin, "I don't know, you snore when you sleep....it's quite annoying. 
 
"Oh, quit it.  Yes or no?" 
 
"Yes." 
 
Mingyu picked up Wonwoo bridal style and began to walk him into the cabin. 
 
"What are you doing," Wonwoo giggled. 
 
"Taking you to our home.  You're my Cat and I'm never letting you run away.  I'm keeping you forever." 
 
"Good.  Forever would be pointless without you." 
 
 
 
~~ 
 
 
So, yes; this is the last chapter.  I was going to extend it, but then I decided to cut it short by a chapter.  I felt like I was ready to end it, so I did.  I love this story and I hope you guys did as well.  I can't thank you enough for all the comments you've given me; they mean so much.  I really hope you guys enjoyed this.  Thank you guys so much.  I love you <3