Chapter 1

The Needed Talk

 

 

 

Momo’s POV

“But I love you. More than she ever do.”

“I know that. But being who you are… it seems like you will never dare to be with me. And I can’t wait anymore.”

She let go of my hand and turned around, walking away from me. I wanted to grab her hand once again but it hit me hard that her words are right. I will never dare to be with her no matter how much I love her.

“But this isn’t right. You know it. We love each other.”

My words came out as the faintest whisper as I watched her disappearing back. Even up to this moment, I am still contemplating on what to do. I wanted to run after her and begged her for another chance but her words…made me realised that I really could never make her happy. Not when my conscience keep killing me for always wanting to be with her.

 

……3 years later…………..

 

“Hey Momo. You’re late again. Miss Im is looking for you.”

“I know. I know. I got caught up in the train station. I’ll find her in a sec. Thanks for the heads up Somi-ya.”

I winked at her as I ran behind the counter and dropped my bag under the long counter. I went straight upstairs to find Nayeon a.k.a Miss Im Nayeon. I barged in without knocking only to be greeted with the view of her straddling Jungyeon, lip locking with that girlfriend of her. I will skip all the unnecessary info for the sake of that pretty byuntae employer of mine.

“What the….! Geez Im Nayeon it is only 4 o’clock in the evening for my cheeseburger sake. Do you guys really need to hit it so early like this?”

I slammed the door shut, shaking my head to get that nasty view out of my head.

“I know you like what you see Momo-ssi.”

I rolled my eyes as I heard giggles coming from the other side of the door.I banged on the door once before running downstairs to help with the preparation for our opening hours.

 

 

 

Sana’s POV

“Hey Sana, don’t forget that we’re having a small party tonight. It’s Jihyo’s treat.”

I just smiled at her word. Mina always love going to bars. Especially when it is someone else treats. She is the biggest party girl I ever know. Occasionally she would drag me with her but I always split up with her when it is getting too late.

“Okay everybody. Let us all met up at the bar. Just come up to the VIP section okay. I’ll be waiting for all of you there. No skipping for today’s party. And I meant it to you too….Sana-ssi.”

I scratched my lips and sheepishly nodded at my boss’s word. There is no sneaking away for this one and I could only sigh as Jihyo smirked at me.

An hour after the working hour ended, Mina and I arrived at the club. The loud music is booming throughout the club. I hurriedly rustled my way through the packed dance floor, trying to catch up with Mina who is already ahead of me. The VIP section came into my view as the crowd begins disappearing a bit near that section.

“Drinks on me tonight so you guys don’t have to worry and have fun. I’m off to find my girlfriend.”

Jihyo walked away, heading toward the bar. Mina is already busy heading back to the dance floor. And the rest of the employees are busy chatting with each other and I must say I am not really interested to get involved with their talks so I got up and head for the bar as well.

My eyebrows twitched as I noticed Jihyo flirting with a tall girl at the other end of the long counter. So that must be her bartender girlfriend she had been talking about everyday. How lucky Jihyo is to date someone who is tall and y like that. I used to date too but we broke up a few year ago. My heart started to ache as I think about it. I think I needed a drink so I waved my hand to place an order but it seemed that the bartender is too busy flirting back to Jihyo to notice my waving hand.

“You hand might fall off if you wait for that one to come and get you your drink. Here let me take your order.”

I jerked my head to the front as I heard that voice. A familiar voice that I had been missing every day until now. I froze as my eyes lay on the owner of that voice. My eyes trailed across that same familiar blonde bang I used to see every day 3 years ago. And at last my eyes landed on her face only to notice how skinny they are right now compared to the last time I see it. My heart ached even more as I noticed the small smile she is giving me right now.

“Can I take your order now?”

“I…I...Just give me a glass of….mar…martini.”

“Okay. One glass of martini coming right up for you.”

The drink is served right away and she is off to tend other customer. My mind runs wild as I continued staring at her. How come she is so calm like that? Perhaps she does not recognise me? But I have not change that much for the past three years except for my new hair style and maybe the big glasses I am wearing right now.

I was startled when I felt a pat on my shoulder. I blinked repeatedly as I looked around noticing the empty club. It is already the closing hour?

“Wow! This is the first time you ever stay until this late Sana. What’s gotten into you?”

“It…it is closing already? But we just got here right?”

“You’re funny. You have been sitting here for the past two hours do you realise that? Now can we go? I really need to hit my bed and get my beauty sleep.”

Mina dragged me out of the club. I kept glancing around for her but she is nowhere to be found. Mina left me in front of the club for a while to fetch her car.

 

 

 

Momo’s POV

“Hey Momo. We’re opening a little late tomorrow. Okay?”

“Okay byun-yeon.”

“Yah! You wanna die?!!”

“Please take care of my danshin boss Jungyeon-ssi.”

“Yah Hirai Momo! No one call me like that. You come back here right now you little devil! Yah!!!”

“Let it go Nayeon. Let’s go.”

“But Jungyeon-ie~”

“Let’s go Im Nayeon. Now!”