Warmth (1/5)

Warmth

Jaejoong had just had one of the worst days that one could imagine. First, he had been late to work, for which he had been thoroughly scolded by his boss. Then, he had been told that he was giving a presentation that he had known nothing about, which, of course, did not go all that well. Finally, when his secretary had suddenly decided to his coffee into his hands without warning, the warm liquid (the useless secretary wasn’t even capable of bringing him HOT coffee, but Jaejoong was appreciative of that fact in that particular incident) had spilled all over his pants. Kim Jaejoong was obviously not having a good day.

Jung Yunho, on the other hand, was having one of the best days of his life. He’d been named employee of the week by his boss, had been given a hefty raise, and had just given the multimillion presentation that would put Steve Jobs to shame. He was about as happy as a clam, but a clam that had just gotten a raise.

Jaejoong, with his sad expression, was not aware of where he was going, and bumped into a tall, well built man, almost knocking him down.

Almost. He felt strong arms come around his waist, preventing his fall. He looked up and saw the smiling face of an angel, with pearly white teeth and glistening smile. He thought that he must have died and gone to Heaven, but nothing had happened…right?

The said man’s brilliant smile did not falter, and he asked Jaejoong if he was alright. Jaejoong could not reply.

The simple warmth that emitted from the stranger’s hug warmed Jaejoong to the core and suddenly, he felt so much better. The horrible day didn’t seem nearly as bad.

“It’s ok, I wasn’t looking either. I’m Jung Yunho, nice to meet you. And you are…”

“Kim Jaejoong. The pleasure is all mine.”