04.

Finding Father

 

04


     Jieun stood there, frozen, as Suzy stared back at her with a dirty look. 

     She looked at Taehyung with her peripheral view and saw his half sunken face as he stared at the floor. Suzy put on her sunglasses and her mask, accidently shoving Jieun as she rushed down the staircase beside her. 

Jieun bit her lips, unsure of what to do.

She felt as if she had committed a very big sin, when she didn't really do anything except throwing an egg at the hottest celebrity in this country.

Yes, probably was a big sin. 

She stood behind the air conditioner, glancing at Taehyung who stood there emotionlessly. She didn't know what to say to him or how to comfort him; she was sure she didn't even have the right to comfort him yet. 

She barely knew him. 

Taehyung looked up, staring at Jieun who didn't know what to do. 

"Taehyung, I.. I really didn't mean to eavesdrop I was just-"

"Can you drink?"

"What?"

"Can you drink?"

"I..'ve never drank before," she stuttered. "But I guess I could..?"

"Good," he walked toward her and walked down the staircase. "Follow me"

---

 

     Taehyung threw a black plastic bag at Jieun.

He took out a can of beer from the bag and took a large gulp, looking at the beautiful sun set of the Han river. He stared at the orangey pink sky as the sun met the water, slowly bringing out the gradient color of the sky. 

A silence flowed between the two of them as Jieun sat there, awkwardly hugging the bag full of beer cans. 

He glanced at her and gestured for her to drink one.

She didn't; couldn't drink, but she felt as Taehyung would murder her if she didn't.

She nodded awkwardly and opened the beer can, the foam that leaked out. She choked at the bitter taste, slamming the can on the ground. She felt as she would vomit on the spot if she had any more, but Taehyung's solitary drinking was what made her continue to sip the poisonous tasting drink.

-FLASHBACK-

     Jiwoo and Jieun sat infront of the television, watching in awe as the news anchor analyzed Bae Suzy's dating scandal with a non-celebrity. The news put the entire nation in shock, because Suzy was almost the iconic nation's first love and she had broken many men's heart with this news.

"What kind of non-celebrity is so great enough to seduce our Suzy goddess?" Jiwoo screamed as he glared at the news. 

Jieun had always thought that Suzy was too good for every single guy; she was too beautiful. 

"Whoever this guy is, he must be hella good looking or hella rich."

"Or both."

The two said in unison.

 

      Jieun peeked at Taehyung who gulped the beer and stared into the horizon with a bitter face. 

She didn't know if Suzy dated him because Taehyung was good looking or because he was rich; but she was sure that Suzy never really loved him the way Taehyung probably did. 

"When that dating scandal broke out, I felt like the most special guy in the world," he chuckled half heartedly and threw the empty can in the bin, taking out another. "I finally had the girl that I loved so much; the girl that every guy wanted to have." 

Jieun listened silently, not sure what to say.

"Weren't you curious too?"

"Of what..?"

"Of who the non-celebrity boyfriend?"

"Well yes but-"

"I don't know if I even have the right to say this," Taehyung seemed to be fully drunk. His cheek was red and his eyes were dim, losing its focus as he babbled on. He looked up at the sky and laughed, continuing to talk. 

"When I first dated her, when I first held her hand, I felt like I could fly. When I first kissed her, I felt like I was on cloud 9. But I realized, the more that I was beside her, the more I was trapping her. People have expectations, and they criticize what they don't like. They all think that Suzy's boyfriend is a good-looking, courageous and capable man who would do anything for her; they think I'm prince Charming."

Taehyung sighed miserably, finishing another can of beer and opening a new one. 

"But I'm just a miserable high schooler with nothing to offer," he screamed into the air. "A STINKING MISERABLE HIGH SCHOOLER!"

He stood up and screamed, passing out on the floor. 

"Taehyung!" Jieun screamed as she bent down to wake Taehyung who was sound asleep on the floor, reeking of alcohol. 

"I'm just a miserable high schooler who got cheated on . . ." Taehyung murmured under his breath as he shook his arms around, hooking his arm around Jieun's neck. He pulled her down to his chest and pressed her down. 

"Do you hear this heartbeat?! My head hates her, but my heart still loves her-"

"Okay you're really really drunk," Jieun grunted and forced herself off Taehyung's chest. 

He was on the floor, his eyes half closed as he murmured nonsense in to the air. 

"This beer isn't even that strong, why is he drinking something he can't even handle?" She muttered as she called Jiwoo.

She was going to need some serious help dragging this drunk bag back to the apartment. 

-----

     The three entered their apartment. The entire living room was dark; it was 12:00AM. Although Taehyung was skinny, he must have been filled with muscle because Jiwoo and Jieun were both struggling to drag him across the floor.

"Why the heck did you get this guy drunk?"

Jiwoo hissed as the two dragged him by his legs.

"I did not," she hissed back. "He started skulling tons of beer like it was water."

"You didn't bother to stop him-"

The two froze as the light switched on. They felt a presence behind them but they didn't dare look back; they were probably dead.

Jieun looked back to see Baekhyun staring at the sibling with a dumbfounded face. 

His brother was on the floor, unconscious, with a strange girl and boy dragging his feet across the living room. 

"Look it's not what you think-" Jieun stood up and approached Baekhyun who backed away. 

"Why are you backing away?" she blurted as she walked closer, Baekhyun sticking to the wall. 

"Get away, murderer." He hissed.

"Okay, what?" Jieun cringed. "You should be thankful I dragged his all the way over here you know that?"

"So that we can cremate his body? You traitor I knew you-"

"Shut up before I rip your mouth apart." Jieun shoved him on the shoulders and looked back Taehyung who continued to murmur Suzy's name under his breath. Jiwoo continued to drag Taehyung all the way to his room like he was dragging a corpse after a successful murder. 

Baekhyun's face grew tense as he watched Taehyung murmur Suzy's name.

"Did you find out?" He asked so seriously, it made her feel awkward.

"Yes," she sighed. "I didn't mean to.. he just.. blurted it out like I was you or something."

Baekhyun sighed and glared at her. 

"Why did you listen you annoying brat?"

"Okay, WHAT? That crazy bastard was the one who dragged me to the river with a bunch of alcohol and forced me to listen to his tragic love story and how she now has someone else she-"

Jieun closed , regretting the last part she had just said. 

Baekhyun's eyes widened as he grabbed her shoulder and pushed her against the wall. 

"Say that again," he nodded. 

"H..he made me listen to his love story, that's.. it." she stuttered, averting eyes with him.

"No," he pushed her back to the wall as she tried to walk away. "The last part."

"I don't know what you're talking about," she brushed his hand off her shoulder. "But if you're hearing things when the person speaking is right infront of you, you really should go get your ears checked." 

"Shut up, purple forehead."

She growled at him as she rushed back to her room, sighing in assurance. 

It seemed as only she knew this news about Suzy's pregnancy; only her. 

She sat down on her bed and looked out the window, thinking about what Taehyung had said. 

 

My head hates her but my heart still loves her. 

 

She didn't understand. 

Suzy seemed so standoffish, the opposite of the image the public thought of her. She was so cruel to Taehyung and gave him no mercy; how could someone fall in love with such hostile behavior and stay in love? 

"That's stupid," she muttered. "I would never love someone who's so mean to me."

She buried her head in her pillow and tried to fall asleep, leaving all her conflicts behind.

 

-----

      Jieun woke up to the sound of large gongs banging in her ears. 

Petrified, she hid in her blanket and stuck her head out to see what was going on.

Baekhyun circled her bed, banging on a large gong dressed in his expensive looking Hanbok. 

"Morning," he sang as he contined to bang the gong in her ears. 

"What the hell are you doing?!" Jieun screamed as she blocked her ears, trying to escape the sound. 

She felt like a demon was cursing her; it isn't pleasant when someone bangs a gong in your face when you're barely awake. 

"Rise and shine sunshine," he smiled and took a seat on the sofa infront of her, crossing his legs as he stared at the unkempt girl. 

She glanced at Jiwoo who was still asleep through the large gong ceremony. 

"How dare you trespass into a woman's room?"

"Yeah," he snorted. "coming from someone who doesn't even pay the rent."

She bit her lips and glared at him. "What do you want?"

"You know the life of the rich," he gathered his hands together and closed his eyes with a faint grin. "They must sacrifice so much to bear the weight of the crown; they must sacrifice their friends, their happiness, their life."

"Or maybe you just don't have friends,"

Baekhyun glared at her and continued. 

"This sacrifice has distanced me from having a good conversation with a dear friend in a while," he smirked. "So now, shall we continue the conversation from yesterday?"

Jieun sighed and stared at him. 

"Look," she kicked the blanket off. "It was just a slip of the tongue. It's honestly nothing you have to worry about."

"Sure, it's a slip of the tongue and it will be a slip out this house for you if you don't spill."

"Baekhyun!" she grunted. 

"Today is saturday, I can stay here all day and ring this beautiful alarm until that hole decides to speak."

"Why do you want to know so much? What will you gain from this? geez."

Baekhyun began to bang on the gong, skipping around her bed.

"OKAY OKAY STOP," she sighed and picked her ears. 

"Let's make a deal," she crossed her arms. 

"A deal? under my house? That's never happening, hmm m."

"Fine then," she gestured. "Telling you the secret? that's never happening, hmm m."

He sighed and dropped the gong on the floor.

"Fine, what's the deal?"

Jieun smirked and sat on the edge of her bed. 

"It's simple," she smiled. 

"Help us find our father."

"What?"

"You heard me," she nodded. "Finding father."


Author's Note:

Hello, this is Baekhyunwifey.

Thank you for those people who subscribed to this story. I really really appreciate it and you guys made my writing experience on AFF more exciting! I wasn't expecting anyone to subscribe to this story but I was really surprised when you guys checked this out. I know I lack alot in term of writing but I am writing this because I enjoy writing these "piece of life" stories and I am glad I can share it with you guys. 

I hope you liked this chapter and once again, thanks so much for subscribing, I love you all!