03.

Finding Father

 

03


      "What happened to your face?"

Sung-jae asked as he sipped on his banana milk, taking a seat infront of Jieun. 

Jieun massaged the large purple bruise on her forehead, seething as she stole a chip from Sung-jae. 

"This psycho's playing tricks with me," she sighed. 

Sung-jae's expression grew a little serious as he placed his milk down and looked at Jieun's distressed expression. 

There was no other girl he knew better than Jieun;  he knew her ever since they were born. They attended the same elementary,middle, and now high school, and it was almost strange if they weren't around each other. Although they were seniors in high school, the busy studying didn't keep them apart from each other.

"You know if they're not treating you well you can always come to my house-"

"I can't do that again Sung-jae," she said gingerly. "You've already done so much for me I couldn't accept anymore."

"There's still spot-"

"You've got to consider things in your mother's perspective too."

Sung-jae shrugged and continue to sip his milk. Sung-jae knew Jieun was so prone to getting manipulated by people; especially guys, and Sung-jae was the one who had to get her out of the mess almost every time.

"Plus, this place doesn't seem to be that bad." she shrugged. "It's in Gangnam.."

"Seriously?" Sung-jae said as he almost choked on his milk. Gangnam was a district for the people who had some money in their pockets; in other words, a place that Jieun and her family could have never thought about stepping a foot in.

"Not really sure if they are serious or not, but apparently the father owns the entire apartment."

Sung-jae raised an eyebrow, doubting the fact.

"Yeah right," he snorted. "If he owns the entire apartment, then I own Samsung."

"I don't know how Jiwoo and I will cope in that place with that prick in the house.."

"They can't be that bad," Sung-jae reasoned. "Guys are just guys. Just introduce them to league of legends and they'll stop bothering you for the rest of your life."

"There's two of 'em," she sighed. "This one brother seems okay because he seems like he doesn't want to associate himself alot with us, but the other one is the worst. It's like he wants to give me a death wish or something," she groaned.

"You sure it's not your temper?" You can get pretty fired up sometimes."

"No, this guy literally follows me around everywhere like he's a fricking dog or something. But you know I heard something suspicious that day I moved in,"

"Spill."

"The two brothers were arguing and I heard something about the annoying prick not having any shares in the apartment,"

"So?"

"Two brothers, only one gets the shares and the other one doesn't. This can only mean one thing.."

"One of them is not the real son," they said in unison.

"But that's too good to be true,"Sung-jae shook off. "It's the 21st century, it's funny if something like that actually happened between the two."

"I guess," Jieun nodded. "You should come over one time, once I get comfortable with the place enough."

"Sure, I want to see who this fake son is."

 

---

     Jieun felt the burning stares of people as she entered the apartment lobby with the big bruise on her forehead. She had weak immunity and her bruises didn't heal quickly, which seemed to be exactly what Baekhyun wanted. But she was used to people staring at her, because she was so used to running away in the middle of the street with everyone staring at her. 

She stood infront of the elevator, staring at her pathetic appearance in the reflection of the door. 

She heard a snort as she looked to the side and saw Taehyung staring at her, then at her forehead. She covered her forehead and forced a smile, getting on the elevator as the door slid open. 

Taehyung followed after, chuckling as he stood in the front corner. 

Jieun watched as Baekhyun ran toward the elevator, trying to catch it before the door shut. Taehyung continuously pressed the shut button, the door sliding shut right infront of Baekhyun's face.

"Thanks," Jieun said awkwardly.

She watched as Taehyung pressed the button to the rooftop, not home. 

"You're welcome," he replied back with a smile that seemed to imply a level of mockery.

"You're not going home?"

"Just meeting someone," he muttered back. 

"Oh," she nodded. "okay."

"Here," he ped his bag and slipped out an egg, tossing it to Jieun. She caught it with her arms and stared at the egg and then back at Taehyung.

"Why do you have an egg in your bag..?"

"Massage your forehead with the egg," he pointed to her forehead. "It should help alot."

The door slid open as Taehyung watched Jieun get off the elevator. She smiled half heartedly as she carried the egg in her hand, confused. She watched as the elevator number stopped at the rooftop.

She was getting curious; not that she meant to pry or anything.

She slipped the egg in her pocket and made her way toward the rooftop using the emergency stairs. 

 

 

As she neared the top, she could hear faint screaming of a girl and Taehyung.  She peeked through the gap of the door and saw the back of what seemed like a very beautiful girl, and Taehyung facing her as he screamed at her in anger. 

She gasped as the girl pushed him in the chest, and Taehyung screamed back louder. 

She hid behind the large air conditioner and watched the two fight.

"WHOSE BABY IS IT?!" 

Jieun's jaws dropped at Taehyung screaming the words that shouldn't be coming out of a high schooler's mouth.

"How am I supposed to know?!" The girl screamed back, her hair bouncing against her back.

Taehyung stared at the girl, hurt. 

"Don't act like you ever cared about me Kim Taehyung," she blurted. "What were you doing when I was out there? YOU WERE PLAYING WITH GIRLS TOO! Why can you do it but not me?!"

"THEN WHO IS IT?"

The girl stayed silent, uanble to say a word.

"Is it Lee Chul-woo, that model bastard you've been flirting with?!"

"No!" she blurted back.

"Han Jae-suk?"

The girl went silent, looking down at her feet. 

Jieun watched as a tear dribbled down Taehyung's cheek, unable to contain the betrayal and sadness that ran through his heart. He collapsed to the floor as he stared into the distance, the tears dripping.

"Out of everyone, why is it him? Why is it Jaesuk, my bestfriend..?" Taehyung asked, crestfallen.

Jieun felt angered as she watched this girl who was so brazen about what she had done.

"Why do you think? He loves me more than you do, Kim Taehyung. "

"Han Jae-suk is not your boyfriend, I AM YOUR BOYFRIEND!"

"Why are you being like this Taehyung? This is so unlike you."

Taehyung wiped his tears, anger overriding him. He grabbed her shoulders and stared into her eyes, pushing her against the wall. 

"Delete the child."

"What?" Suzy blinked twice. "Are you insane?"

"Did you just call me insane?"

"Erasing the child isn't going to do anything Kim Taehyung."

"Delete the child."

"No."

Jieun watched in shock as Taehyung sighed, staring at his girlfriend who looked at him emotionlessly. She didn't say a single word except stare at him with her right hand on her stomach. 

"Ow!"

The girl screeched as she turned around.

The egg was no longer in Jieun's hands as it landed on the girl's head, the yolk splattered all over her shiny hair.

Jieun gasped as she stared at the girl who stared back at her.

 

 

It was Bae Suzy, the kpop icon of innocence.