Chapter 2

Let Me Know

The four of them were gathered around a table; Soonyoung pestering Jihoon for affection but the smaller male would swat away any of the older’s attempt while he continued to revise, and Seokmin was amused by their interaction and occasionally joined in to tease the pair. Mingyu sat there, one earpiece blasting music into his ear as he looked around the library, ignoring the open book in front of him. Coming to the library to revise for the past few days has been exhausting on the brunette. He had been staring so much at the tiny words printed on pages that the information was now haunting him in his sleep, therefore, has entirely given up on revision today. Truthfully, the younger male saw no point of them coming to the library. They barely even revise and would just prat arse around in the library as always, apart from Jihoon who would try to concentrate on studying but he’s constantly disturbed by Soonyoung and the others so he barely ever studies.

Leaning back on the chair, Mingyu closed his eyes, letting the music vibrate through his body and gently tapped his foot to the beat.

It still bugged him that he never asked the guy’s name. Whether he wanted to or not, that moment stuck to him and wouldn’t leave, therefore, he came to the conclusion that to stop thinking about it he would need to get that stranger’s name. Basing on how many books that guy was carrying, Mingyu assumed that he visited the library frequently. So the library was the best bet of seeing the stranger again and fortunately, he was right. Usually around the same time for the past few days, he would catch a glimpse of the raven haired weaving between the tables with a collection of books cradled in his arms then shortly disappears into the maze of bookshelves. Normally, the brunette noticed that the male would often mainly visit the romance section and pick up a few novels to indulge himself in.

 

He’s probably a bookworm, Mingyu thought, And most likely a sappy romantic.

 

“Um, excuse me, Mingyu?”

 

Immediately, Mingyu leant forward and pulled out his earphone, turning round to face the person who called his name. To his surprise, he saw his classmate, Jung, standing besides him with her hands fumbling with the hem of her shirt.

 

“Hey, what’s up, Jung?” he responded, smiling back at her.

 

“Is it okay if- um.. I borrow your- er notes?” she asked hesitantly, then continued more confidently,”yeah, your notes from the other day in class. Please.”

 

She quickly brushed a lock of her short, brown hair behind her ear; a light dusting of pink across her cheeks as she avoided looking directly looking at the male.

 

“Sure, just make sure to bring it back” he answered, digging into his bag to retrieve his notebook for class then passed it to Jung.

 

“Of course, I won’t need it for long. Thank you” Jung replied, gave a quick nod then rushed towards her group of friend who greeted her with hushed squeals and laughter.

 

“How can you not tell that she has a crush on you, man?” Soonyoung asked, jabbing Mingyu

in the chest to get his attention.

 

“I’m pretty sure she doesn’t. She’s just a shy girl” Mingyu replied, shrugging his shoulders and rubbed the area where he was poked.

 

“Nah, she definitely does. She’s constantly staring at you in class and asking for your help” Seokmin added.

 

“Maybe she needs help with the meaning of some words” the brunette answered,”you guys think too much into it.”

 

“It’s just you being oblivious to people. Not us.”

 

“Yeah, yeah, it’s not my business anyway.”

 

“I can’t believe girls like you when you have a ty attitude like that. That’s so unfair” Soonyoung complained, sulking.

 

“Oh..? Since when have you been interested in getting a new partner, Kwon. Soon. Young?” Jihoon hummed, arching his eyebrow at the brunette while keeping his eyes on his textbook.

 

“Uh-oh, you’re in for it now, Soonyoung” Seokmin chuckled, both him and Mingyu then laughing loudly as Soonyoung began to get flustered and frantically tried to reassure the smaller male next to him.

 

“No-wait, that’s not what I meant- I only want you forever and ever, and ever, and-” Soonyoung stammered before being interrupted by Jihoon placing his hand over his mouth to hush him then quickly give a small, quick peck on his cheek before removing his hand and intertwining it with Soonyoung’s.

 

“I know what you meant, you doofus” he replied.

 

“Jihoonieeee~ you’re so adorable” Soonyoung exclaimed, his cheeks a vibrant red and wrapped his arms around the younger male who squirmed in his embrace.

 

“They’re so disgustingly cute, aren’t they, Ming?” Seokmin said, leaning in closer to the taller who nodded in return.

 

“Too cute that I might throw up” Mingyu replied, then proceeded to pretend to make gagging actions.

 

“You’re just jealous” Soonyoung booed, still not letting go off of Jihoon despite the other’s attempt to break free,”If you had a partner then you would be the same; maybe even worse.”

 

“Bingo! I’m oh so lonely and desperate to be sickeningly cute with someone that I don’t know what I’m going to do if I don’t find a partner soon” Mingyu replied sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

 

“It’s a sad life for us single lads” Seokmin joined in, pretending to be upset and clutching his hands together,”we’re underappreciated and just want to be loved.”

 

“You two are just idiots. Why don’t you try blind dates?”

 

“Nope. Never again.”

 

“Dating apps?”

 

“Do you know how well they usually go? No.”

 

“Interested in anyone?”

 

Mingyu sat there for a moment, thinking carefully about that question and trying to picture someone, anyone who came to mind. Is there anyone…?

 

“Nahhh.”

 

“What is your type? I’ve never really got to pin your specific type” Seokmin said.

 

“I don’t know… maybe someone who’s tall? Kind and has an easy-going attitude” he replied, thinking thoroughly about his answer.

 

“No specific looks? Like dark hair, long hair, or whatever?” Soonyoung asked.

 

“Not really, if I like their face then I like their face but like everyone else, it’s always about personality really” he answered, shrugging his shoulders,”I’m an easy man.”

 

“You’re really not. You’re the definition of fussy” Jihoon commented

 

“I am not.”

 

“Oh, you are.”

 

“Shut up” he sulked, pouting as he crossed his arms over his chest and looked away in the direction of the bookshelves.

 

While the others continued their teasing, Mingyu tried looking out for the familiar figure with the same amount of books stacked in his arms. Usually, the brunette would have spotted the black haired male by now but unfortunately, it didn’t seem like the guy was around. It was entertaining but cute the way that the male kind of struggled to carry the load of books as he carefully walked between the chairs and people, and Mingyu had wanted to help but fought against the idea, thinking it’d be better not to go up to him. Today though, he didn’t get to see that. Disappointed, Mingyu slouched back in the chair and placed his earphones back into his ears and turned back to the open textbook in front of him, attempting to revise.

 

_________________________________________________________________________


A/N : Been so busy recently with school work and social life, and I keep on getting ill so it took longer to write this chapter which I apologise for. Anyway, I know there was a lack of Wonwoo in this chapter but it’s necessary, I promise. I’m also so excited for the new Legend of Zelda game and can’t wait any longer to play it ( TT TT ) Hope you guys have a good day though!