The 'You-Didn't-See-It-as-I-Did' Part 1

It Would Always be You

"Eonni, let's just go back to dorm. It's getting very late. We have-"

"Could you please just relax a bit, 'kay? They won't be that worried about us. We're adults and have rights to have fun, right ?" Solar kept pulling the younger girl arms whilst leading her to a street food vendor 3 blocks away from their dorm. You have to tell me about that phone call cause I will not buy any bullsh#t tonight !

When they arrived, the smoke of grilled sausage and steam of seaweed broth overwhelmed the whole place. Like any other street vendor, the structure of the spot was only surrounded by thick carpet-like plastic. There were only a cut on each side of that 4-sided plastic wall that could be fathomed as window, and each of them were closed. The seller' ahjumma was busy stirring the broth. She nodded only when the girls arrived. This IS the only place where I , we, could be ourselves. There will be no camera recording or taking our picture. None is pretentious and everyone's drowned in soju-washed up problems, Solar thought to herself.

"Eonni,  where should we sit?" Tucking her arm from the older girl' grip, Moonbyul was very bothered by the idea of not following company's rule on night outing.

Byul was very known to be the most strict member when it came on abiding what had been set and ruled out by the CEO. There will be no success without strong principles was the very phrase imprinted on her mind. She realized that she would not be at where she was right now if she didn't treat herself very hard. She would not be Mamamoo' Moonbyul, would not be able to sing and dance on stage, would not be able to shed dozens pounds from her body, and would not be able to make Minhyuk called and asked het to meet up. I WOULD not be able to make him call me. Huh, the old Moonbyul won't even be noticed by everyone, by HIM. The very last thought hit her hard. She sighed bitterly then planting her sellf on the nearest seat.

"Aah, why do you sit there? There's empty seat in the back", Solar protested

"Eonni, look around! There's hardly anyone here, except that ahjusshi !"  Byul shouted a little bit out of frustation, which later she regretted cause it was so visible that the girl in front of her was a bit taken a back. I shouldn't be like this. This eonni just trying to help, so there's no reason to be such an about it. Relax, Byul, relax ! But, Moonbyul was right. There was hardly anyone in that vendor, or in the street to be fair. It made sense, since the night was very late. So far, there were only couple of people seen walking in the street -probably just came from their works-, then none else.

"O-okay then. There's no need to be angry though, poop ! He he", Solar smiled nervously flashing the front teeth then followed the younger one to sit across each other.  "I just don't want us to be interrupted by a drunk ahjusshi who will say 'I see you a lot in tv. Do you know Suzy ?' He he," she giggled then raised her hand and shouted "Ahjumma, one bottle of soju and three kimbab rolls, please! "

"Eonni, that is too much. We won't be able to-"

"Oh please, cut me some slacks !" Solar interrupted, then took a pair of chopsticks. "My dearest Byul, we hustle here and there is for nothing but to be able to eat deliciously. So let's just forget the fact that we have diet on our list." Solar stopped to pick pickle near her elbow, then continue, "What's the harm, by the way? The worst, our face will be bloated tomorrow and Hyejin will be really mad at us, he he."

"Whatever, I guess. It all will be on your blame though once the CEO asking where we are to the other member", Moonbyul pouted. But, she couldn't hide her smile from the corner of the lips. In Byul's eyes, Solar is just a very impulsive leader. Her actions were heavily based on her mood, which was always happy, and that sometime put her or the whole group in trouble. But Byul couldn't be grateful enough as sometimes she needed Solar at critical times, like that day. What will she ask me, though ? Does she know that Minhyuk called me earlier? Should I tell her what's been going on? All these secrets start killing me from the inside and chew my sanity bit by bit. But I-

"Here is a bottle of soju and three kimbab rolls. If you want more sides, just ask. Enjoy !" The ahjumma's sentence pulled back Moonbyul to reality.

"Thank you," Byul answered softly. "Eonni, what do you wanna talk about with me?" Asked the younger to the older girl directly, but still avoiding to look her in the eyes.

"Mmmmmh.., I don't knowww. Maybeee.." Solar strecthed the conversation longer to pour soju to her and Byul' glass," who's calling you relentlessly today?"

"It's a long story. Really." Moonbyul chugged the liqour in one shot. Strange, the liquid wasn't bitter at all, in fact, it was sweeter that what she expected. Maybe, Solar's question and the reality of what happened all of the younger girl's senses on flavor.

"I have a whole night," Solar stopped a while to search for Byul's eyes. But, all she saw was empty voids. "So, who is the caller?" Again, she poured soju onto Byul's glass. She will tell me the truth if she's drunk. Although, perhaps, I have to piggyback her back to dorm.

"It's Minhyuk. The almighty Lee Minhyuk. The one and only I wish I can get rid the name off of my brain ! Dammit !!!" Moonbyul was a light drinker, and a glass of soju didn't help her on the reality department. Everything started getting fuzzy in her sight as she losing grip on what's real and what's on her head only. 

"Byul, hey, there are tons of Minhyuk out there. Be specific, poop !" 

"BTOB' MINHYUK !" Moonbyul grunted the name deep, before chugging another glass of soju. "That son of  b#tch !!! "