[1/1]

Spring Love

“If people did not love one another, I really don't see what use there would be in having any spring.” 
― Victor HugoLes Misérables


 

Spring is certainly the best season of the year. Spring is the season of new beginnings; fresh buds bloom, animals awaken and the earth seems to come to life again. Spring season offers great pleasures. The cold of winter are biting. The summers are hot. Rainy season remains full of dirt and mud. It is the spring season which catches our fancy. It brings extraordinary beauties and charms. There’s a reason for spring to be called the queen of seasons.

###

The female with straight, shoulder-length, caramel hair with fringe covered her forehead until it hides her small eyes, rushed with papers on her hold. She checked her wrist watch and muttered inaudible voices and quickened her steps. She murmured excuse me’s and bumped into some schoolmates. She was in hurry and her life depended on how fast she could get into Principal’s Office on third floor.

 

Instead of taking elevator, she chose to zip up the stairs, again bumped into some of her classmates and bowed a little until she reached for the office on the left side near the corner. She knocked it to hear a soft response coming from inside. After making sure she looked presentable enough – she kind of blamed herself for not tidying her hair, she stepped in to the room that sent fragrant of fresh lilies and linens. Her eyes found the Principal was sitting rather comfortably on her expensive couch, smiling at her; as if she has been waited.

 

“I’m sorry, Principal Seo. I was…, in auditorium. I didn’t hear my phone. Been practicing. Sorry.” Eunji bowed politely and she hears the Principal said it’s fine and it’s nothing to be sorry about. “So why are you calling me, Principal Seo?” she wondered hopefully. “Is this about my demo that I sent to the competition?” her eyes brightened a little because she was nodding lightly. “So? How it is? Do we get a result yet?” her eyes were hopeful. Of course she was optimistic, she sent a demo that if they liked her song, it would send her straight to a university she has been dreaming about after graduation, and in addition she was numbered First on her major, Music Composition, in Seoul High School of Performing Arts. Everyone; her parents, her friends, acquaintances, said that her song was beautifully written and it would win the competition. Smiling gleefully, she repeated her question. “So, Principal Seo, how is it?”

###

“Tell me one good reason of why do I have to wake up in one ing early morning while I could use this holy day to sleep.” The forcefully awoken girl was sitting up on her bed with her banana pajamas on, head leaned over the headboard, rubbing her eyes hazily. Hair was sticking out like a baby lion, trail of drool was traced, and she clearly had morning breathe. No, she didn’t care. All she wanted right now was the answer of her one and only question. The phone call rudely woke her from her slumber – she didn’t really like it when someone disturbed her peace.

 

“Come on, Eunji!” the girl with such deafening loud tone exaggerated. “You’ve been hiding in your cave like for what… three days?! I know it’s depressing for you but hey life has to be fair! You can’t have everything bests in life, what people will think about you?” she asked and the girl that called Eunji made a face. “Come on, I’m going to pick you up. We’re going to the mall.”

 

“I don’t want to go to mall.” Eunji replied curtly, wanted the phone call to end.

 

“Yes, you are. We’re going to have fun.” From her tone, everyone could tell who the boss is in their friendship of almost ten years.

“I don’t want to have fun. I want to wail, Yoon Bomi. I want to wail about my pathetic failure and end up falling asleep.” She tried again, now even put her position ready to sleep.

 

“You’re overreacting,” she scoffed. “I’m still picking you up. Almost there.” Eunji could hear the rush traffic, people talking, vehicles on the road, she was sure on her way to pick her up. Yoon Bomi, of all people.

 

“I locked the door, you see.” Eunji threatened, she didn’t, never actually locked the door. She just really, really wanted Bomi to cancel her intention and detoured, she really shouldn’t have bothered to come. “You can’t come in. I don’t share spare keys.”

 

“Hmm, is that so?” she challenged and now the circumstance around her lessened. “I can always scream and make security officers bang the door open. Do you want me to do it that that way? I thought you hate attention…,”

 

“I hate you, why can’t you just leave me alone?” Eunji wailed on her bed, still insisted to be alone.

 

There was a moment of silence before finally the door open, showing a figure of a petite girl with oval face, youth face with her wavy, ombre hair fell over her shoulder. She’s so cute when she pouted like she did right now.

 

Yoon Bomi befriended her since ages ago, simply after their fight over a boy named Do Kyungsoo when they were eight years old – arguing who should be Chun Hyang for the school’s festival. The result is clear; none of them was chosen to be his partner because the boy was traumatized with their catfight. After the biting, bruises, cuts on their bodies, and halfhearted apologies, they mended their friendship and grew a tighter bond until today. Unlike Eunji that picked Music Composition as her major, Bomi’s passion has been dancing and dancing only, so she applied for Dancing major and always got A+ for her effortless dance moves. Even now, Bomi already scouted by agencies but she still didn’t take any of their offers because her parents were strict and wanted her to go to college first.

 

Yoon Bomi was the social butterfly, while Jung Eunji was the awkward turtle; Bomi always got attention easily while it took hours for Eunji to adapt with the circumstances. Bomi pleased everyone’s eyes with her friendly gestures and playful jokes while Eunji was well-known with her rolling eyes and sarcastic remarks. Bomi is simply loved while Eunji is just likeable. But that still doesn’t stop them becoming best friends that shared everything.

 

“Stand up. You’re coming with me.” Bomi flicked her fingers commandingly, and without Eunji’s consent – not like she complaint anyway – she opened her closet and picked up her outfit for today’s sightseeing.

 

“I don’t want to go anywhere…” Eunji stilled and whined. Bomi turned to see her best friend and sat on the edge of her bed, hands intertwined with her dear’s. “I don’t want to go out, Bomi. I don’t want to walk out from this bedroom. I am so, so, so ashamed of myself. I thought everything would be just fine. I thought things would turn like how it supposed to be. I supposed to win!” she almost cried but nah, no more tears for that failure. “Principal Seo said my song is not good enough!” Eunji roared. “She said my song has no feelings in it. She said I lacked sincerity! What does she know about sincerity…, she also is single until today! She said that I could try again next month with a different demo…, ugh. I really hate this!”

 

Bomi embraced her best friend and tapped her shoulder, didn’t bother with the fact that Eunji hasn’t taken any shower nor brushed her teeth yet. “… Your song is good, Eunji. I admit it. But what Principal Seo said is right too. You wrote a song of brokenhearted girl, but you’ve never been committed in any established relationship, have you?” Bomi questioned with brow raised. Damn, the perks of having Yoon Bomi as your best friend; she knew everything about you and always being kind to remind her that she’s still that clueless . “… Your song talks about the sorrow and pain that you even had no idea how it actually felt like. How people would relate? Do you think Lyn could sing like that if she never felt what it was like to be abandoned?” Bomi asked a rhetorical question, the one that Eunji already knew the answer.

 

Pouting, Eunji leaned her head over her best friend’s shoulder and Bomi gave her a soft pat. They remained quiet for a while until Bomi widened her eyes and a bulb lit up above her crown of head. “Hey Eunji, I have an idea!”

 

Eunji leaned back her head to tilt it. She could see Bomi was smiling brightly, brighter than any sunlight. “Hmm, what it is?”

 

“… Principal Seo said that your song lacks feeling right?” Eunji nodded. “And you really want your demo to win right?” Another nod and she flicked her fingers. “I have a smart idea!” she giggled, “My idea is just so good and I bet you won’t regret this.”

 

Eunji now rounded her eyes in excitement. She really wanted a solution for this because heck, she really wanted to win. “You do?! What it is?! What it is?! Tell me!!” Eunji shook Bomi’s body eagerly but she only got her lips was tightened close with her best friend’s point finger and thumb.

 

“Bath.” Bomi motioned with her head and Eunji loosened her grip. “Bath first,” she repeated and Eunji grumbled but made no disagreement anymore. The girl broke up to chuckles when her best friend took the outfit she decided and went in to bathroom. No hesitation, Bomi picked up her mobile phone and typed a short message to a certain someone with a smile. “I am just so smart.”

###

The mall was packed, either it was because today was Saturday or it was because on early month since spring was coming. Flower buds blossomed and spring breeze is a favorite; it’s not too cold or too hot. It’s lukewarm and it’s Eunji’s favorite season of all. She followed Bomi’s big steps and they walked in to a coffee shop which was Bomi’s favorite. She asked the latter to sit and wait while she ordered for them.

 

Eunji was in the middle of playing Sudoku when boredom hit her hard. She locked the screen and looked around, gazes fell upon a couple giggling on the corner, men in suits with their brows furrowed, mothers bragging about their children, friends hanging out, and it finally fell on a certain figure walked in to the shop. He’s tall, lanky, muscular, with fair complexion. He got his jet black fringe fell upon his forehead. What stood up the most was his big, exposed pair of ears which reminded her of Lord of The Rings. He looked around from the pair of big, circle eyes and left Eunji wondered – he just wore a casual, baby blue long sleeved shirt and a pair of jeans from Giordano but it still seemed like he asked some designer to make it special for him. When their gazes struck in the air, Eunji chose to look away.

 

What your mother has taught you Eunji, don’t stare. Don’t stare because people would find it bothersome…, she couldn’t continue because from her eyes she could see he stepped closer to her. What should I say? Should I apologize? But I just ing stared! Staring is not a crime! Stalking is

 

“… Hello, are you Eunji, Yoon Bomi’s friend?” Eunji looked up to a mouth that spoken such a deep, velvety voice. She kind of surprised too because he had such a youthful, kiddy face and somehow that doesn’t match with his baritone timbre. Slightly, she nodded her head and the boy broke into a wide, happy smile. “Ah well then, can I have a seat?” he gestured politely at the vacant seat in front of her and Eunji thought there’s nothing wrong with it.

 

The boy slipped in to the seat quietly and nibbled his lower lip, as if he was nervous. He finally stared back at the girl because she clearly scanned him out. Eunji made no further comment because he’s just so Yoon Bomi’s type; tall, handsome, and has a wide, happy smile. “You’re close to Bomi?” she blurted and the boy was stunned with the question.

 

“Um…, no, not really. I happened to know her from few acquaintances.” he sounded nervous and Eunji couldn’t tell why.

 

“Ah…,” Eunji nodded her head, slowly understood why Bomi was so persistent on asking her out. She wanted to introduce Eunji to her new close friend of her. This wasn’t actually new, because usually Bomi would bring her ex-boyfriends to Eunji so she could get to know him. There’s circa Lee Howon from Dancing major, Bomi broke up because turned out he liked someone else and used Bomi to get closer to the friend of her. There’s circa Kim Minseok, Bomi broke up because they had different visions (as if Bomi understood what the meaning of vision). And there are still four or five more, but Eunji didn’t quite recall. And unlike Bomi, Eunji has never dated anyone before. Unrequited love, yes, lots of it, but nothing serious. She didn’t need additional burdens that coming from love or relationships. All she wanted right now is a way to get in to her dream university.

 

Before the boy could say anything, the loud, cheery voice suddenly burst their silence and her eyes sparkled seeing the boy was already sitting across her best friend. “Ah you’re here!” she giggled and smacked Eunji’s shoulder to give her a way so she could slip in. When she was about to move inner, Bomi shook her head furiously. “No! Or… okay, you move. Chanyeol you move too.”

 

Confused, the boy that called Chanyeol moved to inner side and still faced Eunji. Before Eunji could even smile, he looked away. She frowned mentally, slightly offended because the boy ignored her.

 

“Have you introduced yourself, Chanyeol?” Bomi asked and Chanyeol shook his head. The girl flicked Eunji’s forehead, “Aigoo this girl! You and your introverted mind! There’s a deliciously cute guy, sitting ing across you—sorry Chanyeol for profanity, and you don’t bother to know his name?! Aigoo! Now I don’t wonder if you grow old .”

 

“Yah, what’s with that word!” Eunji barked loudly and closed her lips as she saw the boy blinked. “Stop saying that! You make me embarrassed of my status! People will laugh at me! And I know him already! He’s your friend! He knows you from few acquaintances and he might be your recent close friend right?” Eunji pressed her tone on two last words as she gestured her hand on the air.

 

Sighing, Bomi finally said “Eunji, this is my friend Park Chanyeol. Chanyeol, this is my best friend Jung Eunji. Oh wait, you already acknowledge her don’t you? Since you both are in same major and stuffs…,” she trailed off, waiting Eunji to respond.

 

As expected Eunji widened her eyes. Same major? This cute guy is going to same school with her? “… Seriously?! Him?!” Eunji didn’t mean to sound offensive but she just couldn’t believe it. No way, no way there’s someone as cute as him going to same school and she didn’t notice. “But I never saw him before!”

 

Bomi scoffed, “Of course, since when does Jung Eunji notice people around her? All she cares about is academic, academic, and academic. You don’t spare times for things like this.”

 

“I do notice people around me!” Eunji defended herself, she had to protect herself from Bomi’s poisonous tongue.

 

“Right, and tell me at least five of your classmates.” Bomi challenged and now this Chanyeol boy seemed excited too, because he put a hand over his chin.

 

. “Well um…,” Eunji tried to remember. Why does this brain stop working when she needed the most?! This is emergency! She couldn’t fail at this too. One failure is enough to embarrass her squeaky clean record, she doesn’t need more. “Um…,” she her dry lips. “… Bang Minah!” she clapped her head.

 

“Yeah, you know her simply because she always is right below your scores. But okay, we’ll admit it. Four to go.” Bomi sipped her green tea iced latte with a teasing smile, she sure was enjoying this moment.

 

“… Park Sunyoung!” she tried again. Yes, there is someone named Park Sunyoung in her major right?

 

“You know her because she copied your work last year. But okay, we admit it too. Three more,” Bomi giggled in excitement while Chanyeol looked away to smile.

 

“Damn, why can’t I remember any of them?” Eunji tapped her fingers on wooden table, tried to think. “… Park Bogum!”

 

Bomi broke into laughter. “You know him because he’s such a dickhead remember? You told me you partnered with him for English Composition and he nods at everything you said. But fine, who else?”

 

“Can I count this person too?” she pointed at Chanyeol and the boy blinked impassively, Eunji turned to see Bomi and the girl was thinking for a moment before she shook her head. “Eh why?! You’re not in same class with me?” Eunji wondered with her puppy eyes and the boy leaned back on his seat because he might be not ready to see Eunji pleaded. Jung Eunji doesn’t plead.

 

“You’re scaring the kid, back off.” Bomi pushed her face back and sighed. “See?! You don’t even know whether he’s coming to same class with you or not. This is the problem Eunji! You’re so immersed with yourself until you don’t see people. This is also the reason why you’re still single until today because you can’t see there’s someone out there wants you to be his girlfriend!” Eunji missed the awkward choke when Chanyeol sipped Bomi’s latte or the meaningful smile on Bomi’s lips for a bare second.

 

“And what any of this relates to my song?” Eunji asked in puzzled mind. “You said you have an idea to help me!” Eunji roared and Bomi made a face.

 

“He is the idea!” Bomi squeezed his arm and Eunji gaped in ajar, didn’t see it coming. “Hear me out. Principal Seo said your song lacked sincerity, feelings and admit it…, she was right. You’ve never dated before in your life, that’s why your song sounds empty. So being a best friend, I asked for his help to be your boyfriend. I’m smart right? I know. I even got surprised with my brain…”

 

“Wait what?!” Eunji was sure she understood everything Bomi said until it was grey on boyfriend’s part.

 

“Park Chanyeol here agreed on being your boyfriend, to help you increase your feelings so you could make nice, better songs, to please Principal Seo’s taste. You’d like Chanyeol, believe me! He won for like almost how many again, Chanyeol? Ten?” she turned to Chanyeol and the boy murmured eleven. “See?! Eleven winnings for his compositions! He’d be a great help!” Bomi grinned, happy because Eunji looked so dumb that it hurts. “… He’s willing to help you and you’d better treat him right okay? He’s one of the rare bests.” Bomi added and she finally stood up.

 

“Where are you going?” Eunji caught her wrist and kindly tugged away by the female. “You can’t leave. I still don’t get it. You speak too fast, my head hurts.”

 

“Then let Chanyeol explain to you.” Bomi shrugged. “I think I saw a pair of cute shoes…,” she fled from the coffee shop in the speed of light, even before Eunji could scream for her name.

 

They both left behind with thick sense of awkwardness. Eunji was still raged with Bomi’s sudden attack and the Chanyeol boy just fiddled his finger with the hem of his shirt. Eunji cleared and the boy looked up hopefully at her, wished for Eunji to solve this out. “… Why?” Eunji asked.

 

“Because…,” Chanyeol sighed. “… I really want to help you.”

 

“No paybacks?” Eunji raised a brow. Everyone wanted a piece of her; her fame, her writings, and her friend – Bomi. People came to her for a reason and it made Eunji stepped back and closed her door for everyone to walk in.

 

“I just really want to help you,” Chanyeol replied quietly.

 

Eunji exhaled, finally surrendered to her fate. If this supposed to be happening then fine be it. Eunji was ready, “Okay then. Do you want to be—” before she could finish, she was cut off by the taller.

 

Chanyeol took out something from his pocket – Eunji’s eyes widened because it was petals, three of them precisely, of rose. “—I’m the guy so I have to say it.” he finished with an anxious smile. “… Here are three pieces of petals from a rose. I want you to use this to answer my question. Three petals mean yes, while two means no.” he explained and Eunji’s heart beat quicker than it supposed to do. “… Jung Eunji, do you want to try falling in love me?”

 

She was this close to tears. Damn, is this how feels like to be proposed? This good? She wondered why she never experienced this before. Slowly, her fingers reached for the petals on wooden table, eyes glanced at nervous Chanyeol.

 

Three petals mean yes.

 

So yes, Jung Eunji wanted to try falling in love with Park Chanyeol.

###

The rumor of Jung Eunji and Park Chanyeol dated spread quicker than the cheat sheets on finals. From what she noticed, she finally found out that Chanyeol was kind of popular among girls. Turned out the boy’s name was well-known, Eunji learnt that Chanyeol’s locker usually full with letters and gifts that almost made the boy grumble because there’s no space for him to put his books and stationeries (she knew it when she met Chanyeol in hallway and he asked to go to class together, but since Eunji was too scared for standing too long with him, she excused herself to bathroom), Eunji learnt that Chanyeol was playing on school’s band, full-time drummer part-time guitarist/lead singer (she found out about this when she’s in the bathroom fixing her makeup), Eunji learnt that Chanyeol played too on basketball team, Point-Guard.

 

She has been the subject of envy, hatred, and false accuses. They stared daggers at her, whispered to each other about how she looked. Eunji never thought that being notice could be this overwhelming. But instead of barking at them, she just rolled her eyes and focused on listening to the music blasted from her ears. Rumors are tiring, rumors are endless. Eunji didn’t want to waste her precious time on stupid things like those.

 

Now, she gradually noticed each of her classmates as they walked in to the room. Just mere glances here and there, but when that person walked in, Eunji felt her stomach twirled upside down. But it doesn’t miss from her eyes the way he tapped her back lightly and walked to back side. Eunji then learnt that he was sitting two seats away from her, when she pretended to drop her mechanic pencil. Shoot, he looked so nice with blue; he now wore a blue varsity jacket on top of his uniform.

 

“Chanyeol oppa!” Dozens of girls walked in to their classroom, Eunji widened her eyes, she didn’t know anything about this before. Chanyeol had girls calling him oppa? “Chanyeol oppa, there’s a rumor saying that you’re dating! Is it true?” one of the girls whined at him, shaking his arm then and now. “I’ll be so mad at you!” she faked a pout and crossed her arms.

 

How Eunji wished Chanyeol shook his head and said it’s just trash news. It would hurt, but at least she didn’t get any unneeded stares. Eunji would really like it if Chanyeol just went with low profile relationship – and this only for her song, darn it! No need to glare like whoever these girls are did to her now.

 

Chanyeol exhaled and clapped his hand mannerly. He stood up after putting his bag over his table and set himself beside Eunji, who’s been praying alone. “I do,” he nodded.

 

“With her?!” they pointed and Eunji wanted to ask them for a fight. With her, it seemed like they didn’t believe for someone like Chanyeol dated someone like Eunji. Hey, her records maybe are way brighter than theirs! Should she brag now? No…, she shouldn’t. “You’ve gotta be kidding me.” she sneered enviously.

 

The way Chanyeol put his arm over her shoulder, it’s something new for Eunji since no one except Bomi ever did that to her. “… But I’m serious.” Chanyeol let out a grateful smile. “I date her, am dating, I mean. I’m sorry if I cause pains in you but I really can’t help myself. I really like her.”

 

Park Chanyeol was responsible for almost nine girls burst in tears, one passed out, and two screamed like they were possessed or anything. Something that Eunji realized that Chanyeol hasn’t taken his hand off after they were all gone.

###

“What are you doing after school?” Eunji looked up and found Chanyeol was slurping on his soup. The boy sat with her after he confirmed that they were dating, joining Eunji and Bomi for lunch. Bomi just let out a small smile and about to leave when couple of boys walked to their direction.

 

“Ouch—what the…,” Eunji’s words grew faint as she looked up to see what made Bomi squirmed her arm. Three boys bringing their trays walked toward their direction and made no hesitation to tag along with them. Eunji blinked blankly, half surprised half expectant about the uninvited visitors on their table.

 

“Oh,” Chanyeol put down his spoon and bumped his fist with three of them, smiling. He turned and saw Eunji was bewildered and realized she might not know them. “Guys, this is Eunji and Bomi. Eunji, Bomi… they are my band mates slash best friends slash trouble makers. This one is Kim Jongdae, he’s majoring in Art Directing,” he pointed at a guy with high, apparent cheekbones that smiled at them. “Byun Baekhyun takes Theater Studies,” he pointed at a guy with rectangular smile and pale complexion. “And this one is Oh Sehun, Dancing.” he tapped lightly on the shoulder of a boy with sharp V-line jaw and stoic expression. “Ignore him, he’s looking like grumpy grandpa since he was born.”

 

Eunji nodded slightly and Sehun elbowed Chanyeol with a grin. “She’s prettier than pictures hyung, I bet you’re happy now—ouch ! What the hell hyung!” Sehun raised his foot and yelped in pain while Jongdae and Baekhyun just chuckled.

 

“Not here, Sehun, not here.” Baekhyun singsong and Chanyeol glared at him too.

 

Eunji didn’t understand any of it, she felt betrayed somehow because everyone on the table seemed to know there’s something going on. The only thing she knew that Bomi had a thing toward Kim Jongdae, but that’s it. She had no clue when Bomi spoke up, “Ah so you know about it too?”

 

They burst into a fit of laughter. “Of course! He’s just too easy to read. Anyone could tell in a blink of eye, right Chanyeol?” Jongdae teased the taller and Chanyeol was being kind with ignored it and asked Eunji the same question.

 

Eunji quiet down and finished her lunch with an indescribable feeling inside; she wanted to know what made Chanyeol so furious but his cheeks reddened and why his friends and Bomi seemed to know something.

###

Eunji was staying late in practice room. After her last demo was rejected, Eunji tried harder. She really wanted to win and she was willing to do anything; if it also meant she had to stay longer in this small, narrowed room with a grand piano and cabinet. Her phone was dead since hours ago so she couldn’t tell anyone that she’s staying behind in school. Bomi said she had a practice and Chanyeol had an errand he needed to take care of. So yeah, being friendless and introvert, Eunji had no choice but being alone.

 

Checking her wrist watch, half gaped because it’s almost 11pm, Eunji decided to call it a night. The thunder was loud since minutes ago and she’d better hurry before hair pours down. Eunji tidied her stuffs and made sure nothing was left behind, before opened the door and almost passed out in surprise.

 

No, please no, it’s not a ghost.

 

It was Park Chanyeol, sitting on his cross-legged, holding two umbrellas – one was dark blue and the other was shocking bright pink, and he was focused on his phone screen. He looked up finally and let out his wide smile, before stood up and cleared dirt over his pants. The floor hasn’t been mopped for ages maybe.

 

“What… What are you… Here… When… How long…” Eunji’s mind was too shocked until the words spluttered carelessly, but she didn’t care because Chanyeol seemed to understand what she hinted.

 

“I finished my errands and I tried to reach you but the line was off.” Chanyeol started. “I called Bomi and she said maybe you’re still at school, since you usually are here to write songs or homework. The forecaster said it might be raining tonight and I don’t think you bring umbrella. So I decided to come.” Chanyeol explained and Eunji was dumbfounded.

 

“How long you’ve been here?” Eunji asked quietly.

 

“Three or four hours?” Chanyeol touched his lower lip and Eunji had to look away to clear her mind. You’re sleepy Eunji, you’re so sleepy until you think that lip touching is y, seriously Eunji get a grip! “… I don’t count.” he shrugged.

 

“Four hours?!” Eunji widened her eyes. “Why don’t you just knock and come in?! My goodness, I felt awful. I’m sorry I didn’t finish earlier. Shoot I wasted your time, I’m sorry.” Eunji was freaked out and bowed down politely to him.

 

But Chanyeol just laughed; a laughter that filled with sincerity and kindness and handsomeness. How could he do this to her heart? Seeing him like this already sent tingling sensation over her spine. “It’s okay Eunji, really. I’m happy to do this. That’s what a boyfriend supposed to do.”

 

Eunji said nothing and just stared up at the taller.

 

“Come on, it’s getting late. Your parents might already look for you.” Chanyeol took off his blue varsity jacket he wore earlier and put it on her. “Next time you should wear jacket okay? The blazer won’t avoid you to get sick.”

 

“But it’s spring,” Eunji reasoned out and put on his jacket, kind of annoyed when the sleeves were too long for him.

 

“Yes, but it doesn’t mean spring’s night breeze is not bad for your health.” Chanyeol chuckled seeing the oversized sleeves and the girl glared at her. “Come on, let’s go home. Do you want to buy anything before we go home?”

 

“Fishcake.” Eunji whined. “I’m dying.”

 

“Fishcake it is,” Chanyeol nodded and walked beside the girl. Talking about what she did inside and what he did while waiting, errand that Chanyeol had to take care of, and Eunji’s favorite.

###

Being with  Chanyeol was the easiest thing ever, she didn’t need to think about topics to make the taller talk because Park Chanyeol simply was such a talking machine; he talks a lot, and even though it’s meaningless, Eunji found the talk was interesting. Maybe because the way Chanyeol told her stories – he was animated, full of laughter, and flew his hands wildly to support his stories. Eunji then later realized his eyes beamed the brightest when they talked about guitars in general, futures, and her noona – which made Eunji giggled because he admitted that he’s such a noona-pabo.

 

“There’s one time when I broke my noona’s ex-boyfriend’s nose because he cheated on her. My noona didn’t know about if for like couple weeks until one day she just barged in to my room and I thought she’s going to slap me or hit me or scream at me for what I did…,” Chanyeol sighed and shoved his hands deeper to the pockets of his jeans, “but she didn’t. She just hugged me and cried on my chest.., which by the way the tee I wore that day was brand new and expensive and I bought it with my savings, I still believe until today that she intentionally did that…, but anyway! She said that she was thankful and that punk deserved some attitude.” he glanced at Eunji and continued, “And since then, I’m always careful about who my noona dates is, I usually ask her to introduce the guy she’s looking to find his real intention with her. My noona is the second most amazing woman in my life, and I don’t want her life isn’t as amazing as she is already,”

 

His eyes sparkled and she realized that she grew fond with the shining dark orbs of his. Eunji shouldn’t feel this right? Chanyeol was supposed to be her only way out to find inspiration for her compositions, so she could make sincere songs just like Principal Seo wanted. But how couldn’t she like it when Chanyeol’s life story makes her heart thud a bit louder?

 

Chanyeol halted in front of her dormitory and stood in front of her, giving back the tote bag that he brought for her earlier. “… Make sure you have dinner okay? Don’t skip your meals.” he kindly reminded her and Eunji made an okay sign with circling her thumb and point finger. “Why don’t you just move in Bomi? Isn’t it lonely to live alone?”

 

“No matter how much I love Bomi…, but no. I don’t think we could be a great pair of roommates. Bomi is loud and noisy, she refuses any kind of silence which happens is my favorite. And again, Bomi stays with her cousin, so yeah… but I don’t feel lonely though, Bomi spends most of her time with me, quoting her my cousin is a ninja. When she’s gone, it’s all quiet, but when she’s home, all I hear is moan and moan. So instead of growing as a erted-mind later, I’ll just tent here. So not lonely,” Eunji raised her thumb at Chanyeol and smiled seeing the innocent blinks of his eyes.

 

“She’s honest,” was all Chanyeol said to comment her bluntness and Eunji nodded eagerly. He checked his wrist watch and clicked his tongue. “Then… I’ll be going?” he waved his hands and was about to go when she called his name.

 

“Um…, could you…, um… text me once you’re home?” Eunji felt her cheeks redden. “I just want to make sure you’re okay,” she quickly added but the boy seemed to ignore her next words because he’s already grinning like a fool.

 

“Okay sure! I’ll text you once I step in to my room! Bye-bye, Eunji. I’ll see you tomorrow!” he waved again at her before turned over his heels and rushed to bus shelter – to catch the last bus.

 

True to his words, after Eunji was finished cleaning up and about to get on her bed, her phone beeped twice. She reached for it and a smile grew slowly on her lips.

 

From: Chanyeol (11.31 PM)

Just got back in my room and Baekhyun asked for midnight snack.

Have a nice rest, Eunji. See you tomorrow :)

 

Somewhere in her heart, deep down and still resisted to happen, Eunji was this close to squeal like a girl in love and smack the pillows. But no, she didn’t, she just replied with a monotone I’ll see you tomorrow and sleep well :) before putting it over the nightstand. “… Don’t be ridiculous, Eunji.”

###

Eunji learnt a lot about Park Chanyeol as time went by, and she didn’t know why she ended up writing about his facts on her notebook;

  1. Chanyeol is a noona-pabo that shows how protective and attentive he is on his sister.
  2. Chanyeol can’t skip a day to tell Eunji some greasy, cheesy, cringeworthy pick up lines, such as “Roses are red, tomatoes are redder. I think we both know, I like you way better.” or “Are you related to Yoda?” with a wide smile which made Eunji giggled because Yoda was clearly his nickname from his band mates, Eunji muffled her laughter and asked why, and with a wider grin, he continued, “Because yodalicious.” — please don’t tell him that Eunji was this close to throw him out of the school building.
  3. Chanyeol likes it when Eunji caress his hair or reach over and his earlobes. His facial expression is the funniest thing she ever seen.
  4. Chanyeol gets jealous easily. Just lean a bit closer to Baekhyun or Sehun (because if she goes to Jongdae then it can be double trouble) – and in three seconds, Chanyeol would meddle into anything they do, join their conversation uninvitingly, and sometimes he might glare daggers to his friends.
  5. Chanyeol doesn’t know this but Baekhyun told her something big, “Hey Eunji, back when Chanyeol has a crush on you, he used to practice pickup lines in front of me very, very diligently.” which surprised Eunji because Chanyeol has a crush on her? — she definitely pretended she didn’t hear it when Baekhyun mumbled, “so you really can’t see it huh?”
  6. Chanyeol has a weird habit of staring at Eunji for too long, so when she’s sitting or writing or eating, with him beside or across, she can sense his gaze on her and whenever she asked a brow questioningly, Chanyeol would just smile and shake his head.

 

There are still lots of his cute facts, and Eunji always had to remind her heart to slow down a bit. Because seriously, Chanyeol had this special ability to make her fall so easily, either it’s because of his smile, his laughter, or maybe it’s just him in general. Chanyeol did things, magical things to Eunji, and that’s not good. Sooner or later, Eunji could lose her sense – and no, she didn’t want to ruin everything. Because since beginning, she believed Chanyeol agreed just because he wanted to help her…, no feelings attached, and she knew it too well. But even so, even she repeatedly told herself so, why does her heart sink and upset with the sudden thought of him leaving?

###

Eunji woke up with dizziest headache ever, she thought there were three TVs in her room and she fell on the ground when she stood up. It’s been already three days since she caught a cold but did nothing about it. She had to go to school, she couldn’t let this sickness win. Eunji blinked to get her vision clear but she failed. It was all blur and she couldn’t stand it. Losing the battle, Eunji canceled her intention to wash up and just crawled back to bed and closed her eyes with pressing her hand on it.

 

She hates to be sick. But she hates it more because she was alone. No one is going to take care of her like this. Bomi might be ready for school already, she said since two days ago that she would have a dancing practice with people from big agencies came. Eunji wanted to ask for her help but no, Bomi is busy. She’s only going to be a burden if she asked her to stay.

 

Chanyeol? Suddenly that name popped out in her mind but then she shook the idea off. She just knew about Chanyeol for fine three weeks but it doesn’t mean Chanyeol then willingly would take care of her. Eunji is a wailing baby when she’s sick and she couldn’t, not yet, to show Chanyeol this side of her.

 

So Eunji chose to sleep it in. It would heal. Sleep would heal any kind of sickness…, or so she thought.

###

“Eunji, can you wake up? You need to eat. Eunji…,” Eunji slowly fluttered her eyes open, because she felt her cheeks were caressed softly and a familiar voice called her name soothingly. Eunji thought it was all dream because it was too good to be true. The scent of musk, sandalwood, and fresh mandarin was too familiar with her since two weeks ago – it was smell of Park Chanyeol.

 

Park Chanyeol?! She opened her eyes and sat up abruptly, surprising the male for sure since he quickly stepped back with his eyes widened. Eunji covered her face with the sheets and groaned under her breath. She pinched her thigh just to make sure she wasn’t dreaming and ouch it hurts! It meant that this was real. Chanyeol was in her room and he watched Eunji’s bare face. And she cursed inaudibly. “… Why.., why are you here?” Eunji asked under the sheets, refused to see him. “Who told you I’m here? Shoot. Bomi tells you, doesn’t she? That brat. I’m so going to kill her…”

 

She heard Chanyeol stepped closer and tried to pull away her blanket, which she refused and insisted to hold tighter – but Chanyeol is a guy and a guy would always have better force. With a slight motion, he pulled the blanket off of her and Eunji had no choice but covered her face with her hands. No, she has a bare face on and that’s not okay. Not when there’s a guy in front of you. Chanyeol also pulled away her hands and he leaned closer. She was about to scream when all she felt was Chanyeol pressed his forehead against her and mumbled, “… you’re burning up,” before stepped back and put his hands on his waist.

 

“This is a result of not listening to your boyfriend,” he stated and Eunji looked up instantly. “… I told you to wear your jacket or hoodie…, or anything thick. I know this is spring and everyone loves this season, but it doesn’t stop spring to make you sick if you’re not protecting yourself. I asked you since three days ago, didn’t I? You said you were fine even though with that frowning lines on your forehead and you kept massaging the area between your temples. I asked you again two days ago when you put on a mask and you still insisted that you’re okay. And yesterday…,” he sighed guiltily. “I bought you ice cream without noticing you were coughing!” he shook his head and let out an exasperated sigh. “… And now, do you have any idea how worried I am not to see you in class this morning?”

 

Eunji lightly shook her head, feeling stupid about it. She wanted to defend herself but she knows Chanyeol was still talking.

 

“… I called you, dozens, but you didn’t pick up. I need to run to find Bomi so she could tell me about you. She also was surprised, seems like you don’t let anyone knows that you’re sick aren’t you, little angel?” Eunji acted calm with the nickname he gave her. “… Then she said that the only reason that would keep you at home is either you’re dead sick or really dead. So Bomi told your dorm number and I went here as soon as possible.”

 

Eunji watched the clock hung over the wall. 10am. It’s still school time! Did it mean Chanyeol skip school? “… School?” she asked whisperingly and only got a mere response from the giant.

 

“Come on, I made you juk. Seeing that you might pass out since morning, I bet you haven’t grabbed your breakfast.” Chanyeol then went to nightstand on Eunji’s left side where she always put her phone on and found a bowl of warm juk and also a white paper bag with Chanyeol’s name written in Hangul. “Eat first, medicine after.” he sat right across her, only centimeters away.

 

Eunji pushed back her head a little. She hasn’t washed up, she hasn’t brushed her teeth. Damn, she hasn’t changed her pajamas! In short, she was disgusting. Seeing the confused expression from the taller, Eunji cupped her face with her hands and muttered, “… I haven’t brushed my teeth yet. Neither taken a bath. I’m disgusting.”

 

Chanyeol broke into soft chuckles and instead of letting Eunji to go to bathroom and did her duties, Chanyeol inched closer. “Those actually are not my problem, right now the most important for me is seeing you eat.” He took a spoonful of rice porridge before brought it to . The girl chewed it and Chanyeol watched her attentively. “My mom always cooks me this when I get sick. I don’t think it tastes nice, but I hope it’s fine?”

 

Eunji had no complaints about this juk, really. Even it tasted bland, for Eunji this was heaven. Having someone taking care of her and made her homemade meal was beyond imagination, and more having someone sacrificed for her was everything. Eunji was so touched with Chanyeol’s action and she felt it would be nice if she said something, “It tastes heaven, thank you.” Eunji smiled and she glanced at tinted cheeks of his and added, “… Thank you for coming here too,”

 

“What…, it means nothing.” Chanyeol shook off his hand in the air before fed her spoonfuls. “Eat well, Jung Eunji, so you can have that lovely smile back.” he voiced with smiling, cheery tone that had Eunji smiled. “Yes, that one exactly, that lovely smile of yours.”

 

After feeding Eunji, Chanyeol went out of the room so the girl could shower or at least clean up. What touched her more that he kindly made her bed and washed the dishes, and he even wondered whether Eunji needed help inside the bathroom or anything. She was embarrassed but thankful to have Chanyeol keeping her today.

 

When Eunji finished showering, she walked out of her room only to find Chanyeol was playing with her acoustic guitar that she put carelessly over the couch. She joined the giant by sitting next to her, smell of fresh roses and vanilla mixed up in the air and it paused Chanyeol for a moment before he continued played randomly.

 

“Oh what is it?” he took a piece of paper with scribbled notes on it. “A song?” he turned to see Eunji and raised his hand high so the girl couldn’t take it away. “Oh, but it still doesn’t have lyrics.”

 

Eunji bent down her head as he replied, “… It’s stupid. You’ll laugh at me.”

 

“I won’t. When did I ever?” he asked back and put the paper on his lap, guitar on his hold. He slowly played the notes, tried to make sure it sounded right and glanced at Eunji now and then to get her approval. After a while, he smiled. “This is going to be a good song, I tell you.”

 

“Actually…, I have something in my mind about the lyrics,” Eunji took the guitar off his lap and played the notes, purposely looked away because she couldn’t stand the way Chanyeol stared at her. It’s not good for her health; Eunji wondered if there’s even a repairman for a heart that beating too fast.

 

When you open your eyes in the morning, do you think of me?

When you see something nice, do I come in your mind?

Do you suddenly smile to yourself like me?

 

“I do,” Chanyeol whispered softly and if she was a cheese, Chanyeol would be the sun – and she would melt under his gaze. “For the questions, I do.” he emphasized. “I do think of you. You do come in my mind, and I do suddenly smile to myself, like a foulest fool I may add.” Eunji stilled and Chanyeol leaned closer. “… You did, no you do strange things to me and I can’t help myself not to fall. Tell me Eunji, is it just me or you feel this too?”

 

Eunji said nothing, he got her tongue-tied and Chanyeol thought it was a right moment to lean in. She still didn’t say any word when Chanyeol’s nose brushed hers, their lips were too close and they surely were exchanging breathes. “… Can I kiss you?”

 

Eunji merely respond, so Chanyeol thought, again, it was the right moment. So he painfully slow to kiss her lips. It started with a soft peck, but a chaste one, that sent electrifying sensation over Eunji’s body. Her cheeks heated and she thought everything was already set on its place, until a realization hit her hard; Chanyeol agreed because he just wanted to help her.

 

She pushed him back and hurriedly stood up, wiping with her palm. She shook her head furiously, “Why are you doing that?” she stepped back when Chanyeol was about to reach her. “We shouldn’t. I shouldn’t. Fall for you, I mean. We can’t kiss. I use you! I use you! We can’t romancing this. We agreed on this. You helped me for my compositions, nothing else!” Eunji blurted out incoherently and missed the hurt expression on Chanyeol’s face.

 

“After everything,” Chanyeol cleared his throat. “After everything I’ve done for you, after all things we got through together…, do you still believe that I do that just to inspire your songs?” Chanyeol asked irritably, he harrumphed and balled his fists.

 

“I can’t.” Eunji shook her head. “I can’t like you. Love, relationship, you…, only ruins my perfect plans. I don’t need additional, unneeded burdens. My goal right now is only and only goes to my dream university. And that only can happen if I win the competition with my demo. I thought Bomi made it clear already,” Eunji knew she was rambling but who cares?! All she wanted right now is Chanyeol knew the lines that she draws clearly; she CAN’T fall in love.

 

What she didn’t see it coming is that Chanyeol scoffed. Park Chanyeol scoffed, with his eyes, cheeks reddened. His eyes were damp but he wiped them carelessly as he nodded. “So I’ll just be an additional, unneeded burden.” he grinned halfheartedly.

 

“That’s not exactly what I meant—” but she was cut off because Chanyeol tidied his stuffs quickly and yanked her hand away when Eunji tried to reach for his shoulder. “Chanyeol…,” she called quietly but the boy had her lips shut.

 

“… Get well soon, Eunji.” He bowed slightly and walked out the door, only to bump into Bomi. He didn’t say a word, just nodded slightly and went away, leaving Bomi panted since she ran from school and her eyes rounded to find Eunji was on her knees, hiding her face with her hands, crying. She quickened her steps and squatted down.

 

“Eunji, what happened?” Bomi asked, since Bomi was a bit sensitive over small things, she sounded desperate and trembled, almost crying. “What happened? Why are you crying? Why Chanyeol leaves like that? What happened?”

 

“Bomi…,” she looked up and found Bomi’s eyes with the teary eyes of hers. “I’m a very stupid girl. I’m stupidly heartless. I’m selfish. Bomi, what should I do? I make Chanyeol hates me…,”

###

From Bomi, Eunji finally knew everything – just like pieces of jigsaw puzzles placed perfectly. Turned out that Chanyeol already had his eyes on her since long time ago, Bomi said since they were classed together last year and he was head over heels for her angelic voice. He tried hard to capture Eunji’s attention – including by winning eleven compositions, in hope for her to finally at least know his name – but he failed, since Eunji was too absorbed with her own little life. Chanyeol had no confidence to talk to Eunji, so he decided to talk to Bomi. Firstly, Bomi was pessimistic for him to be able to win her heart – because come on, it’s Jung Eunji they talked about! But then, Principal Seo happened.

 

Eunji read their chats, where Bomi asked him to be her boyfriend to help Eunji for her composition since her demo was rejected. She read that Bomi said that Chanyeol had to put his feelings the least, because there’s still no chance for Eunji to notice him. A tear rolled down when Chanyeol said he was ready with all consequences.

 

So now Eunji finally realized that the chat on the canteen that one day, where Sehun teased Chanyeol and when Bomi wondered whether they knew, they were talking about her. And Baekhyun’s words too now seem explainable. Chanyeol did really have a crush on her.

 

“So now,” after the long, sleepless explanation, Bomi let out the question. “What are you going to do? Are you going to let him walk out of your life that easy or are you going to at least, fight for him?”

###

The rumor was spreading and divided into two sides; a) Chanyeol and Eunji have ended their brief relationship due to different principles and b) Chanyeol and Eunji just had a big fight and decided to have a hiatus for indefinite time. If the question was asked personally to her, Eunji would gladly picked the latter one – because it meant she still had a chance to apologize to Chanyeol about everything.

 

But the thing is, Chanyeol is unreachable. He leaves the classroom right after the teacher left, he doesn’t eat with his friends anymore so neither of them knew where he went, and he rejected and ignored all of Eunji’s calls and messages. Eunji knew she deserved some attitude, just like the ex-boyfriend of his noona…, but can’t he see that she’s trying to get him back?

 

Eunji was called again by Principal Seo, she was delightedly announced that Eunji should join Acoustic Fest – it’s a jam where the students occasionally joined and performed their own-written songs with musical instruments; piano or guitar. Principal Seo said there’s a highly chance that the university’s lecturers or their dean would attend, so Eunji should perform her newest composition if she wanted to attract their eyes.

 

“I heard you’re dating now...,” she winked meaningfully at her. “Now I believe that you fully understand about sincerity and relationship. So I expect you to show a new, meaningful, beautiful song. Bang Minah and Park Chanyeol would attend as well.”

 

Eunji’s hearing sharpened at the mention of his name. “Park Chanyeol, Principal?” she tried to make sure. “Music Composition’s Park Chanyeol, isn’t it?”

 

Principal Seo nodded. “Yes, the tall one with deep, low voice.” she smiled. “Even though he’s not going to perform his composition, I still count him in since he wins lots of compositions, he’s experienced.”

 

A light bulb suddenly lit over her head. She clapped her hands excitedly and held Principal Seo’s hand and shook it furiously. “You inspire me, Principal Seo! Thank you!” she gave her a light hug and stormed out of her office room, leaving her flabbergasted with something that just happened.

###

Eunji spent hours in practice room, trying to make a song. She dedicated all her thoughts for it and refused to come out until it finished – which meant she could starve in the middle of nights and just hold on with the bottles of water that accompanied her. Until one day, Eunji went out because she wanted to pee, as she opened the door, she found a box of food – fried kimchi rice, some chocolate bars, and vitamins. No name or identity written on it. Shrugging it off, thinking they were all from Bomi – the girl could be such a sweetheart sometimes – she put them in the practice room and after that she went to bathroom.

###

Acoustic Fest was crowded, since the visitors are not only the students of their school but also everyone outside. And it’s free. So yeah why not come around and watch art school’s students sing to please their ears. Eunji checked the line-up and realized that Chanyeol would perform before her. And just like Principal Seo mentioned before, he didn’t use his song, he picked John Legend’s All of Me and going to play it with piano.

 

“Eunji!” The said name turned around and found Bomi stepped to reach her with a smile, along with Jongdae, Sehun, and Baekhyun trailed behind her like ducklings. Cute, she thought and waved back to her. “How are you feeling? You’re good?” she asked and Eunji raised her thumb. “Your song, is it really titled Secret?” she wondered and the girl nodded at her. “Whoa, I thought it was a lie or a prank,” she gripped both of her arms and now her gaze sharpened. “You already know that Chanyeol is going to perform before you right?” a nod. “Then there’s a possibility where he just walks away when it’s your turn right?” another nod. “Okay, so here’s the plan. Baekhyun and Sehun are going to strangle him so he stays to watch your performance. Your job is to perform flawlessly, so he knows your heart. Okay?”

 

Eunji nodded heartily. “But Bomi…, what if—” she was cut off by the puppy eyes Baekhyun.

 

“No way,” he shook his head. “I know my best friend and I know how his brain works. As I ever told you already, Eunji…, he practiced pickup lines for you since he had crush on you. Do you think it would fade away easily? Chanyeol still and always head over heels for you, now just depends on how you make sure about that.”

 

“Good luck, noona!” the stoic Sehun finally broke into a smile. “Never doubt my hyung’s love. He’s one of a kind you see,”

 

“Yeah,” Eunji smiled back at the handsome boys in front of her. “He’s the one that I cherish the most,”

###

Eunji watched from backstage as the guy ascended the stairs to get on stage, opened and closed his fists to warm up before sitting down in front of the piano. He introduced himself and the song he’s going to sing with the microphone that was set on the piano before, and started to play.

 

Cause all of me loves all of you,

Love your curves and all your edges, all your perfect imperfections

Give your all to me, I give my all to you,

You’re my end and my beginning, even when I lose I win

 

Anyone could tell that he played it with all his heart out; the way girls swooned with his charms and went ooohhhh with his singing, the way he closed his eyes along his performance, and the way he played it smoothly. He owned their hearts after he finished his performance and bowed down politely with letting out a small smile, then descended the stairs only to find Eunji was holding a piece of paper.

 

He didn’t say anything, just a soft pat on her crown of head before he left her wordless. She turned to catch a glimpse of him, then gulped. This was going to be her only chance, to win him back. So no, she’s not going to ruin it.

 

She ascended the stairs just like Chanyeol did, and stood up in front of the crowds before bowed at them. But unlike Chanyeol that went straight to play, she bit her lower lip and tried to find the lanky figure. She did, finally, when Bomi and Jongdae raised their hands and pointed at Chanyeol that was struggling with Sehun and Baekhyun were holding their arms, as if he was a prisoner.

 

Eunji took off the microphone and touched her heart, whispered to calm down for a moment before she finally spoke up, “Hello everyone, my name is Jung Eunji and I’m a student of Music Composition major. Um today I’m going to perform a song that I wrote by myself. But…, before I get to play, let me explain you a teeny, tiny bit about my song.” she cleared and continued, “… This song is written for a certain giant, yes a giant, that uses his height to tease me, that uses his height to annoy me by using me as his armrest, yeah he’s such a snobby kid I know, that is always loud and noisy…. A giant that isn’t suppose to be so meaningful in my life.” Eunji could sense most of the students knew who she was talking about, because now they sent glances to struggling Chanyeol, the boy had his eyes on her. “I’m sorry, Giant.”

 

She went to piano and placed the paper, stretched out her arm and cleared , as she readied to sing, no turn backs, no second chances. She’s not scared, not anymore, not when Chanyeol already had his arms wide open, just for me.

 

Today please listen to my story, all this time, the unknown secret

I’ll say it; I love you, I love you, I try yelling the unheard voices

The words I can’t say are stuck on my lips, I can’t be like this so I close my eyes

Still I can see him, I don’t know why I’m saying all of this

 

She glanced as Chanyeol was staring hard at her, with his arms crossed. Oh, so Sehun and Baekhyun already let him go.

 

Words I’ve said wrongly, no they become worries

Look around, you will always be my love

 

As she ended her performance, she let out a small smile, hoping Chanyeol would be there to watch her. But her hope was torn as Chanyeol was already gone and her friends just frowned at her. Smiling bitterly, Eunji descended the stairs and let out a heavy sigh as she looked around, the cherry blossoms that were so beautiful. She really needed to go home as soon as possible, she couldn’t cry here, not when everyone was here. Because if she did, everyone then knew that she was dumped, big time, and it’s way more embarrassing than a rejected demo. Holding on to her song, Eunji walked away with her head bent down and shoulders slumped.

###

Eunji knew sadness is not healthy because all she wanted to do right now was crying or tearing up. Well maybe she could tear up in bus, it’s safe and none knows her. Yeah, if she wants to cry she could do it later in the bus. So she has to hurry, she has to—

 

Her steps halted as she stared up at a boy that looking up at all those pinkish petals. He gazed down, after sensed that he was being stared at on his peripheral vision. He turned and found Eunji was looking away and was about to walk away, but not so fast, not when he could easily caught her arm.

 

They were standing on barely three steps away, Eunji avoided his eyes and Chanyeol tried to stifle a smile. “So you really did find inspiration to write a song,” he finally spoke up.

 

“It’s a trash.” she pouted and looked up. “I could do better but Principal Seo only gave me three days to finish my song…, so that happened. I’m so not going to enter that university.” She glared at the taller. “And I’m going to blame all of this to you,” she jabbed a finger on his chest.

 

“Me? Why me? I did nothing!” Chanyeol caught her finger and intertwined her small, slender fingers with his.

 

“Because you keep popping out in my brain!” Eunji roared. “You shouldn’t be there, but damn you were so persistent. When I’m studying, when I’m eating, when I’m sleeping too you were there! All I did is thinking of you and I am this close, this close, to ask Bomi to bring me to a physiatrist to check my mentality.” Eunji was supposed to play angry girlfriend card but seeing Chanyeol etched that small smile made her heart did that thing again, raced faster without her consent.

 

“So you prefer me to leave your mind?” Chanyeol asked as he looked down on their linked hands.

 

The girl nodded, and Chanyeol widened his eyes. “… Only when I’m studying please, I need to graduate with flying colors to enter colleges, and I can’t do that if I have you disturbing my peace.” Eunji broke down to a same small smile. “Do you forgive me?” Eunji asked after a brief silence.

 

“I’ve never been mad at you. I was disappointed, but it never lasted long. I like you too much Jung Eunji…,” he answered calmly. “And if I was mad at you, do you think I’ll put a box of food in front of your practice room?”

 

Now her turn to widen her eyes. “It was you?” she blinked. “I thought it was Bomi being a sweetheart…,” the boy just cackled and Eunji shook her head. “Never mind, I enjoyed the food really. You’re a good cook.”

 

“Yep,” he nodded in agreement. He released her hand for a moment and picked out something from inside his pocket. It felt like Déjà Vu; Chanyeol has three pieces but not petals of roses, it was cherry blossoms. “Three means yes, two means no.” he looked at her eyes, “… Jung Eunji, would you be my girlfriend, for real this time?”

 

Eunji nodded and took three pieces of cherry blossoms and pulled him in for a super, tight hug. Mine, officially mine. Now his height, his attention, his voice, his smiles, his scent, his laughter, his everything – even his oversized jackets – is now belonged to her, Eunji was happy.

 

Under the cherry blossomed that its petals were falling due to spring breeze, the boy gazed down on her and leaned in again, to peck her lips. It was chaste and honest and filled with sincerity, and when she slung her arms over his neck to bring his face closer, Jung Eunji couldn’t be any happier.

 

Because whenever Jung Eunji felt scared to fall, Park Chanyeol would be there with his arms wide open to catch her.

 

 


April 18th 2016.

To be honest, this was written right after I read some of IG’s updates where it seemed like Chanyeol and Eunji were sending signals or anything, like match posts here and there. Maybe that’s why too slowly Chanyeol swam to my attention. But well, just let this delusional shipper squeals alone and wishes they really could happen…

 

And um, since spring is happening in SK, and it seems to be everyone’s favorite weather, that’s why I also decided to take spring as background weather. And art school simply because none of Chanyeol and Eunji were graduated from art school, yet they played amazingly on many musical instruments – that leaves me in envy. It still has lots of fails in this story so please forgive this lame, lazy writer okayyyy?

 

EUNJI’S SOLO DEBUT! WHOSE BODY IS READY? MINE IS. FOR REAL. Eunji was too gorgeous in teaser images, too perfect to be a human being in teaser videos. Please support her okay? Let our angelic-voice fairy rise because she deserves attention to be well-known. :)

 

I wish you have a good day and enjoy this failed attempt of fluff one-shot, and thank you for stopping by! I’ll see you on other stories of mine ^^