untitled

thinking out loud

  "Yah Kim Yugyeom!"

  Youngjae can't help but laugh at the way the maknae quickly tried to duck away before breaking into a sprint. Just a few minutes earlier, Yugyeom was dropping snide comments - not to mention the honorifics - on his hyungs and attacking Youngjae with the toy hammer. He made a mistake however of accidentally hitting their leader, which led them to the current situation at hand with Yugyeom running as far away as possible and Jaebum giving up halfway. Being the good leader he is, Jaebum could only force heaved a sigh and forced a smile at the laughing fans.

  They were still having their fanmeet after all.

  The event progressed smoothly with a few bumps in the way, like the time where Yugyeom and Jaebum fought over who would get to read out the questions sent from their fans. Jaebum had his mic ready, but Yugyeom was already in front of the screen. Jaebum tried to pull the younger out of the chair, with much resistance from the other. Since none of the other members seemed to notice, as were busy playing around for the fans, Youngjae went over and tried to break them up, only to get elbowed to the face. He made a face acting like he wanted to cry, earning a collection of pitied awws from their fans. He barely noticed the laughter and the hurried apology before being pulled into something that was too quick and short to be a real hug.

  "Are you okay?" Jackson asked later, after attempting and failing to hit their laughing maknae.

  Youngjae just barely caught himself or else he would've fallen on his face, after Yugyeom had 'accidentally' pushed him off the stage. Youngjae simply laughed before shaking his heading and shot an assuring smile to both his worried members and fans. But some of the other members had begun to take notice at how Yugyeom had been treating Youngjae a little rougher than usual throughout the event. While in front of the fans, none of them could do anything, they really wished Youngjae would at least retaliate to even things out.

  But Youngjae knew Yugyeom well enough that the maknae was still a carefree mischeivous boy. He was in his playful mood, and no amount of threats from the older members will change that.

  Sensing that things might turn bad for the younger, Youngjae decided to be the bigger person and took a step forward towards Yugyeom - translation ; being extra clingy and all up in his face. For a moment it was like the tables had turned, Youngjae was the one who snuck up at the younger which elicited a surprised repsonse and Yugyeom was the one who kept on laughing while trying to steer clear of the other.

  But Youngjae was nothing if not persistent, he kept going up to the maknae leaning in close, crossing the boundaries of personal space. While it excited the fans, Youngjae began questioning his decision when he can actually count the lashes on the younger's face and saw the flush creeping up his neck. The way his eyes seemed so focused on something.

  "Yugyeom ah, you like me right?" he whispered so low he doubted anyone heard even with the mic attached to their shirt.

  Yugyeom's eyes widened, before quickly backing off and shoving the other away laughing nervously. He immediately went off to entertaining the fans on the other side of the room, far away from Youngjae. Youngjae laughed, a spark of delight ignited in him. Suddenly he had more than one reason to cling on to their adorable maknae.

***

so the prompt was hate, and I just couldn't do anything even remotely related to hate since the two are such fluffballs. this is the closest I could get.

edit : I just realized this has been sitting in my drafts the whole time. sorry about that! I thought no one liked it