young love

thinking out loud

Yugyeom may be too young and inexperienced to know what it’s like to be in love. But he wasn’t as naïve as to not know that the fluttering feeling he got every time his favourite hyung was around was not normal. It wasn’t like he could deny the feeling that surfaced each time the older showed even the slightest affection to him. He knew it was more than just simple admiration when he found himself lost in watching the other sang notes that Yugyeom himself could only dream off doing. He had long accepted the fact that even the elder’s loud laughter was more than enough to grab his attention. Attention he was willing to give any time of the day – even if he didn’t seem to.

  Yugyeom may be young but he was old enough to notice more than a few girls turning head whenever he entered the room. He was well aware of the stares he got when he began to dance whether it was on stage in front of thousands or simply in the practice room when he’s just letting the music move him – from one particularly that he was pleased with. He noticed the not so well hidden glances his way each time the other thinks he’s not looking. He realized that the affections he received from the older was different – the way the other kept bugging him for entertainment, how he was the only one to ask for a kiss when Yugyeom was forced to carry out the penalty.

  Yugyeom was well aware of the dance he was stuck in with Youngjae. But he also knew of the company’s dating ban that will definitely not fare well if either of the members was caught in a relationship – especially if it was to happen between group members. He learned to keep his distance whenever the cameras were on, turning anything remotely romantic into light banter between two friends. He learned to smile and laugh so naturally that no one would’ve guessed the longing in his heart, when Youngjae had personally serenaded Suzy.

  But Yugyeom may be just young enough to spend hours with his eyes glued to the screen watching dramas, fantasizing the day he would finally be allowed to pull Youngjae in for a kiss. Or some kind of grand speech that would let everyone know Youngjae was his. Or maybe just a song – or more likely a dance – personally for the other. The grand gesture that would bring him to confess to the older.

  Yugyeom could only dream for right now, he was still young.

***

first drabble or short fic or whatever you call it~~~

leave a comment. working on the second one, and I'm already havin troubles OTL