Three – The Forbidden Gate

Infernal Saga (I & II)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three – The Forbidden Gate

 

He had lost count of the days that passed without night. Cepherus never saw darkness, not even once. All races were worried for it affects them as the time goes by. Luhan once talked to them in a meeting, saying the truth about his brother who died from that eclipse.

Luhan summarized what happened in the past, and how things became so complicated to the point that even Cepherus has to suffer as well. He apologized, much to their surprise and told him not to blame himself. Everyone would work together to find a way to bring order and balance back to their land.

“Does this means that we have to choose a new Moon Child?” it was the question that was opened from that meeting which made Luhan miss his brother more.

He shook his head, his lips tight in a thin line, “I’m afraid that’s not how it works, My lady,” he told the Aeri queen. “Celestial children might be chosen, but not by the gods,” he explained, “But the celestial itself.”

“You mean, the Sun choses you, as the Moon choses your brother?” The High Mage of Garnloks asked.

“Yes. The blood of a god is not only the requirement, but the heaven’s choice itself. We were offered by the gods, but the heavens have the right to reject or accept the offer.”

“So that means, unless the moon chooses a new child, things would remain the same,” The King of Herven concluded.

“The question is,” The Sabre King took a deep breath, “How long?”

Luhan once again left them with vague answers, as he doesn’t know what to do himself, “We are not sure yet, however, I assure you that we will not stop until we find the solution to this problem.”

 

∞ ♡ ∞ ♡ ∞

 

“Your highness, wait!”

Thundering footsteps echoed in the hallway of the palace, followed by labour breaths and cries of the servant following the young prince. There’s an echo of his laughter which made it even hard for the servants to find him.

Prince Hyun, in his early childhood, grew into a very mischievous kid. Silent most of the time, but very cunning inside.

When they could no longer catch up to the prince, the servants told the guards to be alert and find him once they found him. Though it might take quite a time for them to do so.

 

When the servants finally left him alone, the prince stepped out from the shadows with a small smile gracing his lips. Although he shows nothing on his blank expression, his eyes which burn brighter than the moon outside was enough to conclude he’s satisfied with the servants’ defeated expression on their faces.

Hyun hated it when they show up in his room. It means that Chan wouldn’t be able to come himself for that night. He hated those nights. If Chan wouldn’t be the one giving him his dinner then he wouldn’t eat at all. It’s time for them to know that.

 

The young prince, at tender age of nine, has mastered the art of flight. His wings sprouted when he was five, and since then it’s been growing as he trained with it. They were big for his age, they said, and he took pride of his raven wings.

He stepped on to the edge of the open window. The wind ruffles his waist length hair, caressing the feathers of his wings as if it calls him. But even without the invitation, the prince would come to it. And so he did.

Hyun dived, his arms pressed on his sides with his head first towards the ground. Just before he could reach it, his wings spread far on both sides, carrying him up above.

The prince soared high, spiralling towards the dark clouds. This was his favorite place, in the middle of nothing. The wind dances around him and the moon in front of him. He basked in its light, the crimson grace he bestowed them day and night. Daevric kingdom prospered with the moon and of course with Chanyeol’s rule.

Everytime he’s with it, Hyun would always feel the pull. It feels as if it’s talking to him, trying to reach him. But he never listened, he didn’t want to. He wasn’t sure himself, but he never trusted anything but Chanyeol’s words.

 

A few hours perhaps has passed before the prince heard another disturbance against the current of the wind. The heat radiating from the back was enough for him to recognize the king. He turned around, not surprised with Chanyeol’s frowning face.

“Don’t be stubborn, Hyun…” was what the king first said to him. Hyun giggled. He knew Chan would come and get him. He always knows where to find him.

The young prince flew closer to the king, and Chanyeol caught him just in time when their bodies collided with each other. Hyun pressed his cheeks against the king’s exposed chest, closing his eyes, “You’re here…”

Chanyeol brought the prince in his arms, still finding him light as feather even at this age. “Why won’t you eat without me huh?” Chanyeol poked the prince’s belly, making the latter giggle.

“I haven’t seen you the whole day and you want me to end it without even having a glimpse of you?” the prince’s pout made the king laugh.

“You missed me that much?” The prince nodded, and Chanyeol smiled. “Come on, let’s eat, but next time I promise to at least eat dinner with you if I’m busy the whole day, would that be okay?”

“Yes,” Hyun giggled.

“You wouldn’t give your servants a hard time?”

“Mm-hmm…” the prince hummed.

Chanyeol narrowed his eyes, adjusting the prince in his arms, “I’m not convinced. I can see sparks of naught in your eyes, Hyun.”

The prince laughed, throwing his arms around Chanyeol. “I’ll behave I promise!”

Chanyeol, still not convinced, just let the matter go as they flew back to the Dark Tower. He ate dinner with the prince, giving him ambrosia as dessert before tucking him in his bed.

“Good night, my prince.”

“Good night Chan…”

 

 

Hyun’s power developed as he grows. Chanyeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter