Final

Dreams (Remake)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Loud music was resonating all over the area, overlapping the deafening screams and loud conversations. The colors of the lights switched at each beat, making it seem as though the wallpaper had been changed each time, blinding each individual inside, but nobody seemed to mind. Music took its responsibility as something people should raving to, with people dancing all over the dance-floor, serving its entire purpose.

 

"Tiff, mom just called. I can’t make up an excuse anymore. I have to go.”

 

"Alright, Sica. You sure you can’t stay?” Tiffany asks and Soo Yeon looks regretful, “Alright. Hope you see him in your dreams again.”

 

"Happy Birthday again,” Soo Yeon hugs her friend, “And I hope I will.”

 

Soo Yeon squeezes through revelers, finding her way out as if she was inside a labyrinth, escaping for monstrous beasts, though not really. She spots a bunch of teens puking everywhere, but ignores the gruesome sight as she finds her way out. She stops for a moment to allow oxygen to enter her system and lets out a sigh of relief as she realizes that she had finally escaped such a place. Her feet find their way home in an instant, after crossing every street and almost getting hit by a car. The moment she steps in front of her household’s gate, the teenager sprays cologne over her to avoid suspicion.

 

"Jung Soo Yeon, where have you been?” as expected, she is welcomed by the view of her mother, arms over each other with her entire body leaning against the wall.

 

"Just over my friend’s house, did some project,” Soo Yeon explains in dishonesty with a disarming smile.

 

“Alright. Just make sure you don’t get home too late next time. I’m giving you a warning,” her mother threatens and Soo Yeon apologizes before she is allowed to get to her own room.

 

She grabs comfortable clothes from her wooden closet, before she heads to the comfort room to wash up. She washes her face to erase the make-up she applied a few hours ago before heading out to her best friend’s party. She grunts at the difficulty of removing them and gives up after several trials. Soo Yeon lathers her body thoroughly to remove the odor of alcohol and smoke, changed to the comfortable clothes she grabbed a few moments ago and collapsed on top her bed, immediately falling in deep sleep.

 

_

 

The park wasn’t filled with goers unlike usual. The boy who always danced out of nowhere was nowhere in sight, the man who sold balloons wasn’t in his usual position, and kids didn’t seem to be as loud as they used to. Soo Yeon’s clothes greatly contrasted the color of the sky, her shirt being dark and the color of the sky shining bright, but it was nothing else but bright. Its color didn’t seem to signify anything but scorching heat. Soo Yeon didn’t wonder why, she took it as a normal event on a normal day.

 

Sitting on top of a mat, over the green grass, she didn’t realize it being damp due to the morning dew. The sun shone brightly on her, no wind blowing in any direction, Soo Yeon noticed how there were no clouds in sight. It’s not going to rain, she predicts. A pair of hands blocks her view, erasing all her previous thoughts and jumping to hypotheses of who was shading her entire view. She didn’t exactly wonder, in fact she already had someone in mind.

 

Soo Yeon giggled and the blockage was removed, allowing her to catch sight of the surroundings she witnessed just a moment ago. Her heart increased in its rate when her surrounding was replaced by the sight of him, the reason of her persistence to dream every night, the man of her dreams.

 

"So what should we do today?” he asks, interrupting Soo Yeon’s fantasies.

 

"We can ride bikes I guess?”

 

"Good idea,” he says with a light smile, before grabbing her hand and leading her away from the grass. From where they were, two bikes miraculously appeared, but it didn’t seem too odd to any of them. They grabbed one each before strolling around the park. He lead the way and Soo Yeon followed, her eyes glued to him, not wanting to leave, erasing everything else from her mind. He was the only thing she could see at the moment and the only thing she wanted to see ever.

 

After a long biking session, he suggested to stay somewhere only the two of them can be. Soo Yeon doesn’t question how they got inside a house she never really saw in her life. He leads her towards what seemed to be a living room before they sit down.

 

“Sica, I need to tell you something,” he speaks up after they settle down on the couch.

 

Soo Yeon expects a confession, “What is it?”

 

“I-I really like you,” he confesses, as Soo Yeon had expected. Soo Yeon is speechless, however, her eyes remained glued on his eyes, sensing no lie in his words. His smile becomes expectant, then becomes a frown, his mouth opens a bit, bitter words waiting to leave, when Soo Yeon takes up the courage to say whatever she wanted to say.

 

“I like you too,” she confesses after a moment of waiting. He pops his head up in excitement, leaning towards her. Soo Yeon doesn’t move an inch away, but instead remains in her position. Their lips are a few centimeters apart and Soo Yeon’s eyes flutter close, but there was no touching of lips as expected. Soo Yeon opens her eyes to the sight of her room, light seeping through the white curtains, symbolizing the start of the early morning.

 

_

 

"So, what happened?” Tiffany asks, a straw between her top and bottom lip, sipping her drink from her cup. Soo Yeon doesn’t ask whatever Tiffany was talking about, she already knew anyway.

 

"It’s weird, we almost kissed,” Soo Yeon tells, grabbing her drink before sipping.

 

"Almost? Was he handsome?” Tiffany asks

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter