Lingering Thoughts

Not Just After Dark

At some point, we have voluntarily
Trapped ourselves in a smart prison
We base our personalities from
a digital world made of 0s and 1s
There’s no life, emotion
or warmth, but just garbage language
A desolately rolling meadow

-EXO K 'MAMA' 

In the end, I’ll shout, I’ll rush, I’ll warm it,
I don’t want the world to turn cold

Chasing, losing control, indifferent towards others
This isn’t a game

-EXO M 'MAMA'


The sounds of yelling bounced off the blindingly white tiled walls. It took three more people than usual to take the normally quiet......"monster"......back to his cell.

The pale blond male thrashed about in the small hall, pushing a pink haired male into the wall.

"Why is he so hostile today..." The tall, pinked haired male asked. "I mean... I would be too if I had to be put back into one of these cells, Seokhoon-hyung." "Aish, I was thinking aloud, Jinwan.." Seokhoon, the male with pink hair replied.

"He needs to be knocked out again...." Haewon, the only male with his natural brown hair, commented. The shortest of the five males walked over to a speaker in the wall, pressing the button next to it. "Sooyoung... Can you open the door to Daesung's cell please...?"

Not even two seconds later, the door slid open smoothly. Haewon, Seokhoon, and Jinwan walked in and placed chains around Daesung's wrists. The last of the five males sighed, watching the older male struggle to get free. "Kyungjin, tell her he won't stop struggling... I'd hate for him to attempt to escape again."

"Already on it, Donghyun." Came the voice of the same female, named Sooyoung, who opened the doors. The three makes excited out and watched the glass door close. Daesung started banging his fists against the glass, letting out a loud growl and still pulling against the chains bound to him. Soon, the yelling and animalistic growling soon died out.

"Well... He's down..." Jinwan said. "Come on... Donghae might need us upstairs..." Kyungjin added. "Oh... I'll catch up.." the pink haired male said. The other four started to walk down the hall towards an elevator.

Seokhoon sighed, readjusting his uniform. "They never want to comply.."

"Well, can you blame them, Choi?"

Seokhoon looked over to his right to see who asked him the question. Behind another glass cell was a female that looked no older than him. "Can you?" She asked again.

"...I'm not supposed to talk to you, Jessica..."  Choi replied. "Aww, what's small talk gonna do?" Jessica said, a smirk crossing her face. "I have a question."

"I could call up to Otherworldly Affairs and get your sister to talk to you... Though, after what you did, I highly doubt she'd be willing to talk after what you did to her..." He said, Jessica's smirk faded. "Right... How is she anyway? What did she do about the scar?"

"It healed for the most part.... She's wearing a different eye patch everytime I see her..." Jessica laughed slightly as she passed a ball of light from one hand to the other. "That's good....  But, that's not what I wanted to know..." "What is it?" Choi asked, beginning to slowly losing his patience. "Calm down, anger doesn't look very good on you." The male sighed, Jessica smiled slightly. "Thank you, Seokhoon.."

"It's Choi..."

"Sorry... Choi... Anyway... You don't like this, do you?"

"Like what..."

"This situation that you've suddenly find yourself in. Tracking down people that are anything but normal... Claiming to help them... Or... Trying to capture them.. There's no in between."

Choi ran his fingers through his hair. "What're you getting at.."

"You know exactly where I'm going with this... And you know my price." He looked back at the girl behind the glass, only to meet her eye. She smiled.

"Sowoneul Malhaebwa." She sang.

"I'm not making any wishes." Seokhoon turned and began walking down the hall. "Naegeman Malhaebwa~." Jessica's voice carried down the hall, reaching Choi's ears. "Forget it, Jessica!" He yelled, angrily pressing down the button for the elevator. "You say that now.. I'll be here once you change your mind, Choi Seokhoon."

~~~~

Choi leaned against the wall of the elevator, his eyes readjusting to the sudden natural lighting of the sun. "I knew I should've just ignored her..."

The thought of being able to wish for whatever he could possibly want filled his mind. But he knew exactly what he wanted and, that if said incorrectly, could result in a twisted wish.

The doors to the elevator slid open, breaking Choi's train of thought. 

"There you are, Seokhoon. Donghae was wondering what was keeping you, you know." Sooyoung, the female from earlier, said.

"I know. I was checking on the other... subjects..." he replied as he stepped out the elevator. "Nobody was being unruly while I stepped away, right?" she asked.

"Not at all," Seokhoon said. "Ravi was uncharacteristically quiet.." "He's been that way for a few days... I'll have to get someone down there to talk to him.." the shorter female turned to the taller male. "Unless, you'd be willing to do it."

The gray eyed male looked at the slightly older female and gave a halfhearted laugh. "I'm fine, I'd rather not go back down there..." "Only if you have to." Sooyoung grinned. "I understand. Now, you should go see Donghae wants." Seokhoon nodded. "I'll talk to you later, Sooyoung." he said and started walking.